• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2020 Thread***

Anyone else excited about the agreement with the Actors Equity Union? So hoping some of the shows are back for our trip! We had a wonderful day in AK last month bur really missed FOTLK and getting some of the HS shows back would certainly help crowds. And maybe the Citizens of Hollywood will be back! Fingers crossed.......
BIG TIME! This was to be the "minimal rides trip."

Would a Tuesday or Friday be better for a DS day? We want to take a day and shop and eat, and figure going while the parks are open will be better. I'm going to cancel one of our Epcot days, since it seems like we can get through and enjoy it all in one day.
I would go to Epcot first, then DS second, but hold onto the second Epcot day and maybe go back on the second day in the evening if there was anything you didn’t get done or wanted to do again, though if it’s after the 7pm close, may not be worth it.

If you're going during the day I don't think it'll matter much unless it's the Friday before Labor day and by your ticker I don't think it is? We only went at night last month, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday. Saturday of course was the worst and Tuesday was fine; Sunday not bad. But the days reportedly seem to be ok.
I would go to Epcot first, then DS second, but hold onto the second Epcot day and maybe go back on the second day in the evening if there was anything you didn’t get done or wanted to do again, though if it’s after the 7pm close, may not be worth it.

Thanks 😁 it seems like we'll be good for Friday at DS (we'll be there the last week of September). If i can switch our ADRs that will work. Right now, i have Homecomin' on Tuesday and Trattoria on Friday.

Thanks for this! I am so NOT a DYI type but I love the idea of the peppermint essential oil; let me know how the 2nd batch work out!

sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... found out Thursday night that I've been the victim of identity theft (just when I thought 2020 couldn't get worse).
Today I tried the batch of cooling wipes w/o the aloe. (just Witch Hazel and Peppermint Essential Oil) Much better!! No sticky feeling skin after using the wipe. I am keeping mine in a ziploc in the frig to keep them fresh until we leave in Sept.

found out Thursday night that I've been the victim of identity theft (just when I thought 2020 couldn't get worse).
Thank you for letting me know but OH NO! I am SO sorry, I know how alarming, annoying and time consuming that is; my stepson had that happen 2 years ago and it was NOT fun. I hope it all works out xoxo

I really need to stop looking at the Park Reservation Calendar. Looks like HS will be at capacity for Labor Day weekend, all three categories (Hotel Guests, AP, and Day of Park Ticket) are showing no availability now for HS for that weekend. Eeeek. I am sure it is going to be a busy weekend for all three parks, pack that patience!

I really need to stop looking at the Park Reservation Calendar. Looks like HS will be at capacity for Labor Day weekend, all three categories (Hotel Guests, AP, and Day of Park Ticket) are showing no availability now for HS for that weekend. Eeeek. I am sure it is going to be a busy weekend for all three parks, pack that patience!

It’s hard to tell exactly what that means though in terms of crowds with the way Disney moves the reservation allocation around. Not saying to won’t be one of the busier weekends but will it be busier than days where they moved reservation allocation around to increase annual pass holder availability, it’s hard to say.

Last edited:

I really need to stop looking at the Park Reservation Calendar. Looks like HS will be at capacity for Labor Day weekend, all three categories (Hotel Guests, AP, and Day of Park Ticket) are showing no availability now for HS for that weekend. Eeeek.
My DHS day is the following Saturday (13th). Why I chose a weekend is beyond me. I'm hoping the other parks are so "slow" that a very busy day at DHS will be tolerable.

... pack that patience!
Good advice for all of September. It's going to be unusual in The World.

I have been Thinking about switching..... What do you think....below is my current schedule.....I’m wondering if I should just switch my Wednesday Epcot with my Friday Hollywood studios that does have us going to Hollywood studios two days in a row Which isnt exactly what I like to do but it might be more manageable

Saturday Animal kingdom
Sunday Epcot
Monday Magic Kingdom (Labor Day)
Tuesday Hollywood studios
Wednesday Epcot
Thursday magic kingdom
Friday Hollywood studios (6:15 beaches and cream reservation)
Saturday animal kingdom

They really should increase the hours for Labor Day weekend. Really should for every weekend. They usually have longer hours Fri/Sat. Not sure why they insist on such short hours when it's been busy.

I think your plans are good, your HS days are both on weekdays. The calendar shows open availability.

Yeah, we are going in prepared for the weekend and holiday to be busy, but hopefully it will really drop off after that. We arrive Saturday evening and I reserved AK for Sunday and Epcot for Labor Day to try to avoid the busiest parks on those days.

They really should increase the hours for Labor Day weekend. Really should for every weekend. They usually have longer hours Fri/Sat. Not sure why they insist on such short hours when it's been busy.

Universal has done this so hopefully Disney will follow suit!

Yeah, we are going in prepared for the weekend and holiday to be busy, but hopefully it will really drop off after that. We arrive Saturday evening and I reserved AK for Sunday and Epcot for Labor Day to try to avoid the busiest parks on those days.

Universal has done this so hopefully Disney will follow suit!

We are following the same plan with AK on Sunday and Epcot Labor Day! Since the even shorter hours do not start until Tuesday, Disney probably believes it has already given us "longer" hours for the holiday weekend :(

I never usually pay attention to what days we do what parks in "normal" times and didn't for last month either. We found no crowds last month but attendance has picked up so I think I'm changing our Friday AK day to Sat. and doing MK Friday rather than Sat. I think at least at this point AK is pretty "safe" to do on a Saturday.

Uggg....
Zero available reservations at Beaches and Cream through my entire stay at the Beach Club Villas - 9/13-9/20. Please let me know if anyone's got 'spare' reservations that they'll be dropping or canceling! According to CMs, B&C won't do carry out/ to go orders and we'd love to try this place (and get a Mickey sink). We've never stayed on property and this is one of those "you've gotta try it" recommendations from several friends.

Uggg....
Zero available reservations at Beaches and Cream through my entire stay at the Beach Club Villas - 9/13-9/20. Please let me know if anyone's got 'spare' reservations that they'll be dropping or canceling! According to CMs, B&C won't do carry out/ to go orders and we'd love to try this place (and get a Mickey sink). We've never stayed on property and this is one of those "you've gotta try it" recommendations from several friends.
It's always been tough to get an ADR there and with it being one of only a few options now on the boardwalk, yes it's hard unfortunately. Keep looking though! We ate there last month and loved it as always. While it is true you cannot do take out as far as food goes they do have a walk up window for ice cream! Not everything on their regular menu is available at the take out window but you can get a Minnie or Mickey pants sundae!

It's always been tough to get an ADR there and with it being one of only a few options now on the boardwalk, yes it's hard unfortunately. Keep looking though! We ate there last month and loved it as always. While it is true you cannot do take out as far as food goes they do have a walk up window for ice cream! Not everything on their regular menu is available at the take out window but you can get a Minnie or Mickey pants sundae!
Excellent help, thank you!

If anyone needs a car hotwire has cars at $3 a day..
Lol please someone drive me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200816-213733_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-213733_Samsung Internet.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter