• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2020 Thread***

I was poking around the park reservation system, and noticed that for Resort Guests, there are no HS reservations left for Sept. 5th and 6th. These are the only days I have seen park reservations for any park run out for resort guests. No availability for Annual Passholders for HS on those dates either, looks like Labor Day weekend might be a little busier then what we are seeing now.

I was poking around the park reservation system, and noticed that for Resort Guests, there are no HS reservations left for Sept. 5th and 6th. These are the only days I have seen park reservations for any park run out for resort guests. No availability for Annual Passholders for HS on those dates either, looks like Labor Day weekend might be a little busier then what we are seeing now.
Whew glad I did not pick those days for HS

Ugh, I have HS on Monday (Labor Day)... it’s the 7th... but I guess I better start watching in case I need to switch days around!
Which we are still up in the air about going due to not knowing what my sons school has planned! Ugh!

I just went in just to look around too, we have a resort reservation booked, and it’s showing up for me to book it??

My screen didn’t look like that.... I clicked on Hollywood studios and it was gonna let me continue I didn’t though

OK I figured out how you got to your page and I see the difference
I guess I’m a Disney resort guest and theme park ticket holder because I booked a complete package..... I guess the resort guests only are for people that have APs

I called in today to ask about when the final payments are due and about cancelling the park hopper. The CM informed me that I would need to switch from CS, which I already knew but was just waiting for the call. We are scheduled to travel second week of September. He offered CBR preferred room, but I told him I was unsure of that resort. Since we were in Gran Destino Tower room and didn't want an outside room during hurricane season. He assured me I could wait and when a CM called me about the switch then I could make up my mind.
I checked MDE later in the day and it looks like I was just switched to CBR. I called back and the CM confirmed I had in fact been switched. She was nice, but all she offered was a bunch of resorts that are all exterior rooms, or resorts that would be much higher in price. I confirmed with her that since he just switched me that would mean I would not be getting a call and would be in a sense stuck with the CBR room. She told me yes, but that I could call back if I decided I didn't want to keep the CBR room. I'm bummed that I was switched when I was told I could think about it, and that the only thing I am offered is having to pay more for another resort. I would guess asking about the park hopper is what caused them to switch me.

OK I figured out how you got to your page and I see the difference
I guess I’m a Disney resort guest and theme park ticket holder because I booked a complete package..... I guess the resort guests only are for people that have APs
Resort Guest on the Availability page refers to onsite guests and doesn't consider whether they are AP or Resort/Ticket package. The AP and Theme Park Ticket guests are for off site guests that have one or the other.

Did you end up going all the way through to add the park reservation?

Resort Guest on the Availability page refers to onsite guests and doesn't consider whether they are AP or Resort/Ticket package. The AP and Theme Park Ticket guests are for off site guests that have one or the other.

Did you end up going all the way through to add the park reservation?

so weird I dunno I already made my reservations awhile ago. I didn’t go all the way thru because I didn’t want to mess my current reservation up. It stopped me after clicking the park because I already have reservations

so weird I dunno I already made my reservations awhile ago. I didn’t go all the way thru because I didn’t want to mess my current reservation up. It stopped me after clicking the park because I already have reservations
Ah that makes sense. I don't have tickets available for anything that has been booked either, so not sure at what point it stops you, but you'd think it'd not allow you to select a date that was full, but maybe it waits until you are ready to complete before it tells you the date is full.

Received our Magic bands yesterday...it makes it seem more real but not with the usual excitement of previous trips. I have to admit that up to this point, I have just been waiting for the "other shoe to drop" aka an announcement of a travel ban, airline cancellation, natural disaster, spontaneous combustion... I suppose with the bands arrival I need to start doing some real planning, making sure we have things we usually need and now new things we need. Such a different trip this year and just trying to focus on changing how we normally do the parks to just being grateful for the experience.
I know the feeling. We've had some of our magic bands since last year and got our last set about a week ago. Meanwhile our flight has been changed 3 times. There are only 2 direct flights left out of our hub airport and if our current one gets canceled we'll have to take one that has a layover because we aren't willing to go on the 6am flight!

I'm now expecting a hurricane to come through during our trip.

Well, we are 32 days away and still booked. Really don't know how to feel about the trip. The usual excitement that we have this close to a trip isn't here this year. It is the darn masks. Keep telling myself the payoff is the low crowds and how low cost it is turning out to be. Afraid we will get down there and we just won't be able to handle it. We were booked for next September also but I canceled it last week. If this trip happens we are both ready for a break from all the worrying. You should have fun planning and this trip has just drained us of that.

Well, we are 32 days away and still booked. Really don't know how to feel about the trip. The usual excitement that we have this close to a trip isn't here this year. It is the darn masks. Keep telling myself the payoff is the low crowds and how low cost it is turning out to be. Afraid we will get down there and we just won't be able to handle it. We were booked for next September also but I canceled it last week. If this trip happens we are both ready for a break from all the worrying. You should have fun planning and this trip has just drained us of that.
From the vloggers and the trip reports on this board, imo I think it will be a great trip. Bring several types of masks so that you find one that is the most acceptable to you. Enjoy the lower crowds, lower wait times for rides and most of all have fun!

From the vloggers and the trip reports on this board, imo I think it will be a great trip. Bring several types of masks so that you find one that is the most acceptable to you. Enjoy the lower crowds, lower wait times for rides and most of all have fun!

paid our trip off yesterday:) I figured the worst thing that could happen is we’re taking tons of mask relaxation breaks but that shouldn’t be a big deal since crowd and wait times are so low we still should be able to do and see everything but on a more relaxing pace I am quite excited
and I know the hours are shortened but I’m kind of looking forward to sleeping in more

i’ve said it before though I think if my two-year-old was three and our trip total was a lot more than it currently is(because we will have five People and have to get two rooms from here on out) We probably would not go because we have a trip planned next November anyways with my mother-in-law for Christmas decor atmosphere

This will be long but want to give my take on masks down there :) We are just back from Disney and also went to Universal in June.
I am not a mask person. Don't get made! What I mean is if you had to put people into 2 groups; those who don't mind masks at all and those who despise wearing one (but do anyway) I would run to the 2nd group. Doesn't matter if it's in a freezing cold grocery store or under a blazing 110 degree sun. I also despise heat in general lol and the ONLY place you'll find me outside if it's over 78 degrees is Disney. Back in 2014 we tried the summer since our kids were getting older and I thought I would hate it but we've been every summer since and usually go at least twice between July and September now. Of course I prefer our trips during cooler times but I've learned to deal with and enjoy the hot ones!

So! In June at Universal the masks were nowhere near as bad as I thought they would be. For reference my youngest who are 14 and 18 have no issues wearing them and never complain. DH also doesn't usually complain and wears them at both jobs so is more used to them. Last week at Disney was hotter than June but coming from this person who loves being indoors in full a/c any time she can, again it was nowhere near as unbearable as one would think. I mean, you sweat in July down there. At least I do; and I look at those women who are wearing denim and short sleeve shirts with their hair down and look perfectly put together while I have my hair up, dry fit clothes on, and sweat dripping down every area of my body it can ::yes:: The mask made it no different. Yeah my face was a little bit more sweaty but that's it. And honestly, again from someone who rips that mask off as soon as I hit the parking lots of stores and nobody is by me, there were times we'd sit to eat and DH would say "you can take your mask off" because you get so used to wearing it.

We had a wonderful trip with wonderful DIS friends we often travel with and in no way did the masks ruin that. Of course this is our POV and not everyones but I do feel that if you want to go, and the masks are really the only thing you're questioning, give it a try! It's also easy to leave and come back since the waits don't get longer at night and you can totally fit in all you want to do so missing a few hours if you need to return to your room for a mask break doesn't mean missing attractions. Book a TS lunch and late TS dinner if that's in your budget, as it then gives you two guaranteed mask breaks in a/c even if you only get apps at one. We also don't usually spend time at resort pools as I hate water but at both Uni with our kids and last week at Disney just us we did go to the pool to relax mid-day and it felt good to know we weren't "wasting" time not in the parks due to lower crowds and of course you get a mask break then as well. I don't hate pool time as much as I thought lol.

Again sorry this was long, I do have a TR going on the TR board if you want to look! If you decide to go I hope you have a wonderful time; we cannot wait to be back in Sept!

At least I do; and I look at those women who are wearing denim and short sleeve shirts with their hair down and look perfectly put together while I have my hair up, dry fit clothes on, and sweat dripping down every area of my body it can ::yes:: The mask made it no different. Y

oh my gosh lol I’m glad I’m not the only one that was doing / thinking this exact same thing..... When I plan my trips for the hot months I’m like short shorts And tank tops In the thinnest material I can find, always have my hair up, In some sort of comfortable walking sandals...... I just don’t see how you do anything other LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter