• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a show last night (Monday February 13, 2017)? Was it scheduled? Did they hand out wristbands?
We will be there ~3:00 PM, Thursday Feb 16. I am wondering about chances of a show.
No, no show last night for some reason. Thursday is the day before the official opening, so who knows at this time. I'd advise checking on MDE at around 9am that morning, and nab a FastPass if there is a show. Very few (if any) standby guests have been allowed in for the past weekend's softs, so FastPass / wristband is really your only way to guarantee entry for now.

Tusker is 1 credit. If you happen to be eating breakfast while they do the changeover, you are welcome to have the lunch options as well. If you are paying OOP, you will be charged the breakfast price. DDP is 1 credit regardless.

We are on DDP - but even though it is just 1 credit we will still save money on the tip since we will be tipping on breakfast prices instead of lunch prices. I have a group of 7 - so $2 less per person can add up!

I cannot wait to see this show in December when I make it back home. I've been wanting to book a Tiffin's dinner on this upcoming trip, but now I think I may do the dinner package though I've never done one. I see it says starting at $67 per adult, what all does that entail?

I am sure I am not the only one, but I am very curious about any more early reports (especially starting on the 17th) about the logistics of seeing RoL. I am going on March 7 with DW. We have FPs. The show is at 7:15. I do not want or need to be first in line, but from a PP it appears some FP guests may need to stand at the back. I would like a seat - stone or wood - does not matter. We will bring something to sit on. I want to get a handle on when to arrive to the FP queue. So here is an open request for more logistical advice from the early attenders. I will post my own if I have something to add. :)

:wizard:

All's not lost if you're not able to get into the show. As I said earlier on this thread, there are places where the show can be seen without having to be inside the amphitheater. It's not like Epcot though, and once they're known, they'll fill up quickly, so be there early if that's your only option.

I just was able to grab a fast pass for March 2 for a family of 4. Not sure if they just opened them up since when I checked on Sunday nothing was available. So be sure to check back in case nothing is available and more open up. I don't normally like to do a fast pass for a show but since it is brand new I am sure it might be a long line to get in to watch it.

Are the reserved seats worth it? I will be there in 10 days and have a tuskers ROL package but its at 330 not a great time and we weren't planning on going to animal kingdom that day but it is what we could get. We are Disney regulars so I am sure I would see the show in the next year or two. Is it worth it to go and what is the seating like if we just show up to watch the show?

Anyone still ooking for dining keep trying. I was just able to modify my 3/2 package at tusker house to a better time.

After this weekend, ROL is only scheduled for Tue, Thur, Sat, and Sun until the second week of April, at which point it's basically scheduled for every night, right?

What do you think are the odds of them running the show every night earlier than the second week of April?

Asking because our AK day is scheduled for Friday, March 31 (currently a non-ROL day), and I've decided that it's not worth changing our plans around to see it on a different night. However, we'd likely book a ROL dinner package if they end up adding our date to the schedule.

The reason there wasn't a show last night was because it wasn't scheduled, and nothing is showing up on my schedule at this time until Friday. Subject to change of course.
None of the softs this past weekend were scheduled. They were added to MDE the day of, or the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter