Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

No Cabanas, Tikiman was going to reserve one for his trip and he posted the letter he received that said they were no longer going to have them.

That pool is very crowded. Is it always that crowded or is it especially busy since it's spring break?

I've never stayed at the Poly but will be there at the end of August.

That pool is very crowded. Is it always that crowded or is it especially busy since it's spring break?

I'd love to know the answer to this as well.

We are still very excited for our first stay at the Poly this August but I always said that main pool looked awfully small for the resort but have been told by many that it isn't ever really crowded. With the quiet pool closing, I'm really starting to wonder....

We've stayed at Poly several times and the pool was always crowded, no matter what time of year. That is one of the reasons we LOVED the cabanas.

I'd love to know the answer to this as well.

We are still very excited for our first stay at the Poly this August but I always said that main pool looked awfully small for the resort but have been told by many that it isn't ever really crowded. With the quiet pool closing, I'm really starting to wonder....

We will be doing midday breaks at the pool daily and one rest day where we plan on spending most of the day by the pool. My kids will enjoy a lively pool. More kids to interact with but I just want a lounge chair!

We will be doing midday breaks at the pool daily and one rest day where we plan on spending most of the day by the pool. My kids will enjoy a lively pool. More kids to interact with but I just want a lounge chair!

Daily midday pool breaks are a must for us as well in August so here's to hoping we get a lounge chair :).

That's nothing!! It was WAY more crowded last time we went. There was not a SINGLE SEAT to be had. And people were milling around like cars in a parking lot waiting for someone to get up.

That's nothing!! It was WAY more crowded last time we went. There was not a SINGLE SEAT to be had. And people were milling around like cars in a parking lot waiting for someone to get up.

This worries me! We will be there in Sept and I don't want to not have a spot at the pool!!!! Maybe it will be better now with the fence? Maybe a bunch of those people were pool hoppers? I can hope...

The main pool at the Poly is almost always crowded. It is very popular, so the Lava pool usually gets crowded and the East pool is usually almost empty. Maybe they will be doing something during the refurb of the East pool to get people more interested to help even out the crowds. I was surprised when it was announced that the size of the Lava pool would not be increasing along with the pool deck.

Listen all you negative Nancy's if you want to piss and moan about everything happening at the Poly so be it. Don't go there as Disney has several other properties that may be more to your liking. If not take your vacation dollar somewhere else and make room for us!

Davis2902, you have a lot of nerve making a post like that. People have every right to voice their opinions, both positive and negative. That's what a forum is for. These message boards are not just for people to rave about how wonderful and infallible Disney is. Our passion and love for the Polynesian Village is what draws us here to openly discuss our experiences and opinions. That can and often does include being critical of their efforts as well.

Anyone know when the new kids play area will be open? My DS8 would love to play there!

Thanks for sharing the video, grecorj. I am so excited to see the pool open, since we are going to be there in early June! Not sure how I feel about the replacement for the volcano.....doesn't look like anything to me. Maybe it is more impressive in person!

Davis2902, you have a lot of nerve making a post like that. People have every right to voice their opinions, both positive and negative. That's what a forum is for. These message boards are not just for people to rave about how wonderful and infallible Disney is. Our passion and love for the Polynesian Village is what draws us here to openly discuss our experiences and opinions. That can and often does include being critical of their efforts as well.

As you say the board is for everyone to state his or her opinion ,both positive and negative, but I have not read one of your posts that has not criticized something about the Poly construction. This thread was basically an informative thread about things going on at the resort. If you are this displeased why even post as, like I said, Disney has several other properties to choose from.

That's why some of us are SO happy about the fence. If I were to guess, I'd bet my backside about 20% were people that were not resort guests. I don't think you have to worry.

This worries me! We will be there in Sept and I don't want to not have a spot at the pool!!!! Maybe it will be better now with the fence? Maybe a bunch of those people were pool hoppers? I can hope...

I agree! We'll be here in August and this pool looks tiny and packed! Pool time is huge for us, so this is bumming me out.

As you say the board is for everyone to state his or her opinion ,both positive and negative, but I have not read one of your posts that has not criticized something about the Poly construction. This thread was basically an informative thread about things going on at the resort. If you are this displeased why even post as, like I said, Disney has several other properties to choose from.

Yes, but your post smacked of "shut up and go elsewhere if you're not happy." If someone wants to post a negative opinion every time, so be it. Telling someone to, essentially, not express that opinion isn't cool.

That's why some of us are SO happy about the fence. If I were to guess, I'd bet my backside about 20% were people that were not resort guests. I don't think you have to worry.

I wonder if it was a higher percentage than that. We have friends who openly bragged about pool hopping at all the deluxe resorts when they were staying at one of the All Star resorts. They mentioned going to SAB and not pressing forward when they saw wristbands being checked.

It also JUST opened back up...I would assume it'd be more crowded than usual because of that as well.

I agree! We'll be here in August and this pool looks tiny and packed! Pool time is huge for us, so this is bumming me out.

does it seem to anyone that the pool is not big enough for the actual registered guests @ the poly? Assuming the hotel is 90% full - which it should be or is - pool is too small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter