***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you that have made FPs recently, is FOP FP available on day 63 or 64? Thanks!

I'm sure it depends on a lot of variable factors but yes, it is possible. I was able to get two different evenings, day 3 and day 4 (counting check-in day as day one). But I was only booking for two people and wanted evenings. If you're flexible with regard to time and not trying to book for a large group I think your chances are better. Be logged into your MDE account before 7am eastern time, click on Fastpass+ and as soon as the clock hits the time, click on "get started". Quickly select date and park and grab the first FOP you can. If you're lucky, there will be several times to choose from but grab what you can quickly. Good luck!

This may be a silly question, but how long after park close can you stay and linger in Pandora? Going in October and with the park closing at 8 (as of now) and it not getting dark until after 7pm, I want to have time to look around and see everything all lit up!

I'm sure it depends on a lot of variable factors but yes, it is possible. I was able to get two different evenings, day 3 and day 4 (counting check-in day as day one). But I was only booking for two people and wanted evenings. If you're flexible with regard to time and not trying to book for a large group I think your chances are better. Be logged into your MDE account before 7am eastern time, click on Fastpass+ and as soon as the clock hits the time, click on "get started". Quickly select date and park and grab the first FOP you can. If you're lucky, there will be several times to choose from but grab what you can quickly. Good luck!

Great, thanks! I pretty much have followed this thread since it was created, and based on other peoples experiences I knew days 1 and 2 would be out of the question...glad to see you were able to find availability for days 3 and 4, though! We still have about a month to book our FPs, so I guess we will see what happens between now and October. Our AK days are 4 and 7 (counting checking day as day 1). Thanks again!

We'll be going to WDW the last week of September, our planned AK day is the 28th. Does anyone have any prediction on how rope drop or wait time will be for FOP? I wasn't able to get a FP. TIA

My family will be there as well on that day! It's our second AK day and we were lucky enough to get FP's for that day. But we are trying to rope drop our 9/24 AK day... my plan unless I hear differently is to arrive before 8. I am curious about how early they are letting people in as of recently.

My family will be there as well on that day! It's our second AK day and we were lucky enough to get FP's for that day. But we are trying to rope drop our 9/24 AK day... my plan unless I hear differently is to arrive before 8. I am curious about how early they are letting people in as of recently.
I would've loved to have been there for EMH on the 25th but we fly in that day.

I just got back from my Disney Trip. I was so disappointed 60+ days ago when I couldn't get a fast pass for Flight of Passage even exactly 60 days out.

Well I wanted to report back that there is hope for people who weren't able to get a Fast Pass. I had seen on this forum (I am not sure which thread - maybe even this one) that people were checking the MyDisneyExperience constantly and instead of just looking at 'morning', 'afternoon', and 'evening', were clicking the actual times and kept reloading the fastpasses by doing this.

Well at 12pm today I did that and somehow managed to score a 1:20 - 2:20pm Flight of Passage fast pass for me and my wife! I couldn't believe it because we were going to go to the park at around 2 to wait in line (which is when the CM told us would be the shortest, and he was right, it was at 90 minutes when we finished our fastpassed right at 2pm), but it was so much better to not have to wait.

So my recommendation is to constantly check the app during the day - go through every single time period back and forth (I found fast passes at 5 and at 630pm too - I was at Orlando Airport already but I was trying to test my luck). If you keep going up and down the times they just randomly show up - I don't know if it's Disney releasing passes or if people are cancelling, but it is possible so keep trying!

Echoing this. I had great success today in getting Pandora FPs while in the park. While waiting for Nemo, I spent about 15 minutes constantly refreshing FPs. I was able to move our Pandora FPs (2 of us on FOP and one on NRJ) to earlier in the day. After we rode those, we headed over to FOTLK, and while waiting in line there, I did the same thing again looking for fourth FPs. Sure enough, within about 15 mins I was able to get 1 FOP and 2 NRJ for early evening. So everyone had the chance to ride both rides, for the low price of running down my phone battery. Definitely doable, but bring an extra charger!

To people who have recently been there... what are your thoughts on the land? Have people oversold it? Is it better than you thought it would be.
I loved it. It isn't a huge area but it is very beautiful. FOP was the best ride I've ever been on! It looks awesome at night. So it really depends on what you think is beautiful. Different people will have differing opinions. I definitely think it makes AK that much more attractive.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but this thread is 425 pages long. During our trip in October I have a FP for FOP booked for a day that is not my planned AK day. I booked it as a back up measure. I have a park hopper and I can hop over to AK to ride FOP if I need to. I was hoping to rope drop my planned AK day and head straight to FOP. This also a morning EMH day for AK. Will I experience a long wait time for FOP by rope dropping? What are the average wait times when rope dropping FOP? Thanks to anyone who helps!

Sorry if this has been asked already, but this thread is 425 pages long. During our trip in October I have a FP for FOP booked for a day that is not my planned AK day. I booked it as a back up measure. I have a park hopper and I can hop over to AK to ride FOP if I need to. I was hoping to rope drop my planned AK day and head straight to FOP. This also a morning EMH day for AK. Will I experience a long wait time for FOP by rope dropping? What are the average wait times when rope dropping FOP? Thanks to anyone who helps!
These may be of help from Josh...

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/animal-kingdom-pandora-rope-drop-with-9am-open-72517/

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/animal-kingdom-9am-rope-drop-to-pandora-part-2-72517/

This may be a silly question, but how long after park close can you stay and linger in Pandora? Going in October and with the park closing at 8 (as of now) and it not getting dark until after 7pm, I want to have time to look around and see everything all lit up!
We went on Sunday night and they were not letting us linger long. Park closed at 9:30, we came off FoP about 10:10 and they were herding everyone out of the park, Windtraders was closed, you couldn't wander in Pandora at all, you could walk towards the exit and really couldn't stop.

Just got a FoP FP+ for a semi-last minute trip that's coming up! I've been checking as often as possible for like 2 weeks- hope this gives someone else hope! I'm still in shock lol.
They do pop up.
We got same day FP for 2 on Sunday evening. It was about 4:30 or so, I got them for 7:30-8:30 for that evening (approx time I wanted). As I continued to check I even was able to move them to an even better time. We rode with our FP at 8:30 and then got back in line and rode again shortly after 9:00, with a wait of just barely over an hour. Since we weren't going to do anything else at that time anyway we didn't mind spending an hour in line. I know some people like to spend their time in line before the park opens but DH like his sleep so we do it near closing instead. Time waiting in line is about the same, just have to weigh what else you could be doing at that time and decide what's more important to you.
On Monday I was able to move 2 to a better time.
Then, I had some for Tuesday that I dropped when we opted to go to Epcot instead of AK (because I was able to get those on Sunday)

We went on Sunday night and they were not letting us linger long. Park closed at 9:30, we came off FoP about 10:10 and they were herding everyone out of the park, Windtraders was closed, you couldn't wander in Pandora at all, you could walk towards the exit and really couldn't stop.

Thanks so much, I appreciate the feedback.

It looks like FP's are still pretty hard to come by. I don't know if things will cool down by February, when I go back or not. Regarding wait times, even 7DMT has really long wait times just like Peter Pan's Flight. So I imagine getting a FOP FP will still be difficult...but here's hoping!

It looks like FP's are still pretty hard to come by. I don't know if things will cool down by February, when I go back or not. Regarding wait times, even 7DMT has really long wait times just like Peter Pan's Flight. So I imagine getting a FOP FP will still be difficult...but here's hoping!

Nothing major is on the horizon at Animal Kingdom for the near future as Disney has turned their attention towards trying to fix long neglected Epcot and the Studios. And there are not all that many rides at AK either. In addition, FOP has received nearly universal acclaim as one of, if not the best, ride at WDW. I think it is going to be tough to get for a very long time to come.

To people who have recently been there... what are your thoughts on the land? Have people oversold it? Is it better than you thought it would be.

We just got back. I think it was very well done. A bit darker than I expected but still amazing. flight of passage was absolutely mind blowing, it is intense and probably my favorite ride now.

The only thing I think Pandora is missing is the huge tree from the movie. A little disappointed that wasn't included since it was the center of everything in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter