***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great to know. With an 8AM Tusker breakfast reservation for later on in the year when park opening is at 9:00AM what are the chances that both can be rode with little wait and what time do you think we would need to be done in the restaurant to beat the crowds if you don't mind me asking?
I'm not sure about that. This summer they are opening the park at least 30 minutes before published time and walking people with the rope back to Pandora. Not sure how things are going to go later in the year but I would recommend moving Tusker House to a later breakfast and being at the park early to ensure shorter wait times. Who knows when they are actually going to start opening the park at 9:00am again? HTH

Last edited:
Has anyone enjoyed Pandora at night so much that they ended up going back a second time during the same trip? We have a nicely sized 9-10 day trip planned and only have AK on the plan once. We aren't sure if we should leave some flexible days so we could go back to AK at night if we happen to like Pandora that much.
We did 3 days at AK in June on a weeklong trip. We actually considered going to FOP first thing in the morning before our EC and HS days!

I'm off to see the Wizard...oh wait...one last time on the GMR. I know this is not the thread for that, but saying goodbye to the witch will be a sad goodbye! And saying Hello to Pandora...epic! Tah, tah...I'm traveling to my cousins and getting on a plane. :charac2::sad::car::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I'm off to see the Wizard...oh wait...one last time on the GMR. I know this is not the thread for that, but saying goodbye to the witch will be a sad goodbye! And saying Hello to Pandora...epic! Tah, tah...I'm traveling to my cousins and getting on a plane. :charac2::sad::car::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Have a great time!!!! I am sad that I will not get to say goodbye to GMR. I don't arrive until Sept 5.

Anxiously awaiting your reviews on Pandora! Have great and safe travels

I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy Pandora!

Hello, All. I'm headed to AK with my wife for my 40th birthday, and we have tickets for Saturday. We are not staying at the resorts, so we do not have EMH access. 30 days out, we got FPs in the evening for Na'vi River Journey (6:25-7:25), the Safari (7:25-8:25), and Rivers of Light (for 9 PM). Our game plan for Saturday the 20th was to be at the AK gates by 6:30/6:45 AM and do the rope drop, heading straight to FOP. We are counting on leaving the park around lunch time and relaxing at our hotel pool, getting dinner near the hotel, and then returning to the park between 5 and 6 PM for the remainder of the evening. We are rope drop vets, but the hours for AK are 9 AM to 10 PM for non-resort guests. A few questions:

1) If we are at the AK gates by 6:45 AM for rope drop, is there a separate line for those guests who will be taking advantage of the EMH hours in the morning (8-9 AM)? I'd like to make sure we get into the right line.

2) What time should we expect to be allowed into the park/land as non-EMH guests assuming we are at the gates at 6:45?

3) We planned on FOP being the first thing we do after rope drop. We had read elsewhere that after July 4th, the EMH hours would not be in effect, and planned this trip accordingly. Now, it seems with the EMH hours having been extended, this will have a big impact on the FOP standby line when we finally get there after rope drop. Any idea of what the FOP standby wait time would look for people like us who got to the park at 6:30 AM but who did not have EMH access?

Because there will be EMH that morning, I basically need to decide whether I want to be waiting in line from 6:30 AM to _______ just to experience Flights of Passage, when it might actually make tons more sense to go everywhere else at rope drop and do Everest twice, the Safari, Kali, and Dinosaur, and then stay in the Avatar land when we return in the evening. The issue is that I have already experienced EE, KS, Kali, and Dinosaur a number of times, and by going this route, I'm almost certainly ensuring that FOP is out of the question that day unless I want to get in a standby line for several hours that evening. Thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Argh! :mad: Seriously Disney-how are we supposed to plan every detail of every day without sufficient advance notice!

I think the current EMH ends August 13th if I'm not mistaken so we should know in a couple of weeks the latest I'd guess. I really hope they do extend them. We have dinner reservations at 8:15 and would love to go back and see the lighting features of Pandora.

I think the current EMH ends August 13th if I'm not mistaken so we should know in a couple of weeks the latest I'd guess. I really hope they do extend them. We have dinner reservations at 8:15 and would love to go back and see the lighting features of Pandora.
It actually ends August 19th at this present moment:

upload_2017-7-19_14-34-11.png

I'm off to see the Wizard...oh wait...one last time on the GMR. I know this is not the thread for that, but saying goodbye to the witch will be a sad goodbye! And saying Hello to Pandora...epic!
I can't think of anyone here who has been more vocal about looking forward to Pandora, so may it exceed you expectations!
But wow - I had thought about not seeing GMR again, but I hadn't actually thought about not seeing Elphaba again. Dang!

August 13th is the last day for the Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure/Stupid Judy ... so perhaps that is why you had that date in your head

Planning on Animal Kingdom for November, according to Disney's website they have morning EMH for the day we'll be going. If it's listed on their website under park hours, is that for sure, or will it likely change? Says park opens at 9 and EMH for 8. Hoping to get in at 8 then head right over to Pandora and do whichever ride we don't have FP for, then get back to Rainforest Café for breakfast at 930.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter