***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get a bit claustrophobic too and had a few issues. The first time I rode they left us in the pre-chamber for a long time after the scientist told us to stand by. I was starting to panic because it is a very small area with no windows and was warm. But, the second time was much quicker.

On the FoP ride itself, the first time I was fine with the restraints, but the second time the CM pushed the back one in and I didn't have much wiggle room. I was starting to get a bit nervous but once the ride started I was fine.

And speaking of the restraints, thanks to everyone for their suggestions on how to position yourself on the ride. My friend and I tried to allow ourselves some extra room before being restrained and it worked. She was worried about fitting due to weight around her middle but she was fine and we both loved it. I found that because I am short the leg restraint didn't hit my calves at all, the top of it hit my thighs.

I would not do that. Read all the posts starting on page one being maintained by @rteetz - so just the first few posts. Then skip to the posts starting on May 27 when Pandora opened.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Well I just love the whole place. The entire land and both attractions are fully immersive. What a great experience. Pandora is incredible.

From the beautiful pictures you posted, it looks like Pandora is a nice fit for Animal Kingdom.

Is it surprising how quickly the ferver seems to have died down and the wait times have lessened already? I thought it would last longer :confused3

Having lunch at Satu'li right now. The food is really good- like I know everyone's been saying that but I was still really surprised! They have a cast member making sure people don't save seats or sit before they have their food, and we managed to get seats inside.

We had 11:20 FPs for Flights of Passage and we exited at exactly 11:50. It was an amazing ride, but there were parts where I felt like my glasses weren't focused and the screen wasn't clear. Maybe it was because I was all the way on the side? But most of it looked amazing. Somebody in our row dropped their magic band into the ride, I felt bad for them.

There was no line to get into Pandora and crowds don't feel that bad. It's really beautiful and I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that we can make it to EMH to ride the river ride!
Are you farsighted/need reading glasses? I had the same problem on FoP and it's because my eyes can't focus on the close 3D. Happens on all 3D attractions to me, and if I wore glasses every other part would be blurry. It's pretty jarring because in real life I jerk my head back to focus on the thing that is too close, and you can't do that with 3D glasses! I had to look away to regain my bearings.

Because I had time this morning... Pandora rope drop waits today...

View attachment 241585

Thanks to everyone who provides these snapshots. I check sporadically throughout the day but have yet to graph it. It seems the patterns hold true. If you aren't at the front of the RD crowd, you might as well go onto other areas of the park and knock them all out with no wait. Come back to FOP in the afternoon or during evening EMH. That's the pattern one week in it seems anyway. And I wouldn't be surprised if the every night evening EMHs will become more and more beneficial.

Curious how they are listing 30 min wait at 7:57... any thoughts?
this is a pretty standard practice for all headlienrs at WDW. They start with a wait time of 20 to 30 minutes. They anticipate the number of people that will come in fiirst thing in the morning
For example I was at MK yesterday and headed straight for 7DMT the posted time was 30 minutes, within 3 minutes of the ride being open it jumped to 45 minutes

Re: glowing sidewalks/paths... it's glow in the dark paint and black lights. I say this with certainty because I happened to be in a spot where the path was not glowing and happened to be looking up when a black light above me turned on, and BAM - glowing path. Very low tech, but still fun! So if a black light isn't on, that section under it would not be glowing.

For those who are sorta claustrophobic, how "secured" are you to this bike thing? Can I move my legs? Torso? I have no issues with soarin, but do not like roller coaster body harness where I cannot get out.
Your entire upper body is free - no harness. But you are definitely secure din place; no way could I have stood up and walked off while the restraints were engaged.

If there is a line to get in to Pandora and you have a FP, at what time will they let you in? Do you have to wait until it is time for your FP? We have a FoP FP at 5:15. Could we get in Pandora at 4:30ish?
If there is a wait to get into Pandora, you can skip it and enter at your FP time, but not earlier. No way to say for sure whether that will be the case at the time you go.

Well I just love the whole place. The entire land and both attractions are fully immersive. What a great experience. Pandora is incredible.

DSC01031_zpsd2gskknf.jpg

DSC01076_zps7smgkscx.jpg

DSC01014_zps2mlbgs2v.jpg

DSC01035_zpsyf8latwf.jpg

DSC01082_zpsvahhtz79.jpg

DSC01088_zpsahvhdx8h.jpg

DSC01087_zpsm2e9fpxt.jpg

DSC01090_zpsgqzooiwe.jpg

DSC01065_zpslidr6bdv.jpg

DSC01063_zpsl79jwp6n.jpg

DSC01067_zpsspjjrsg4.jpg

Thanks in great part to this guy!

DSC00965_zpsm8hkgeel.jpg

DSC00967_zpsadscd0oe.jpg

So when you visit, try not to do this so much.

DSC01028_zpsv10wcxnz.jpg

DSC01048_zpsphcegvxn.jpg

You might miss something!

DSC01041_zps7qbqekep.jpg

DSC01071_zpskbxvtb0m.jpg

DSC01191_zpsth2hmay3.jpg
Ugh, why couldn't have Joe been there Wednesday ;)

Oh no. Look at the seating on the first page. Your legs are locked in.

I see it -- thanks so much. Now I realize that is the virtual ride they keep showing in the adds. My daughter will love it, but I think I'll stick with just the boat ride LOL

Is it surprising how quickly the ferver seems to have died down and the wait times have lessened already? I thought it would last longer :confused3

Well, there is always excitement to be there opening day, plus it was a holiday weekend. Also, the AP/DVC previews didn't include no gut time so lots of people wanted to experience that

Fairly cool sister waits of over 100 minutes for both rides and 30 mins to get in the store i would still say is pretty high interest level. And FOP continues to get great reviews so I can see that one keeping up a high wait time for a while

Well, the good news is all the banshees that are NOT blue/black or blue/purple have been adopted, :). CM said he didn't have information on when the other colors would be available again. Also said tomorrow might be the last day they sell them for a while. Not sure how true it is, don't shoot the messenger! Just left the store and it took about 45 minutes to purchase.

Re: glowing sidewalks/paths... it's glow in the dark paint and black lights. I say this with certainty because I happened to be in a spot where the path was not glowing and happened to be looking up when a black light above me turned on, and BAM - glowing path. Very low tech, but still fun! So if a black light isn't on, that section under it would not be glowing.

Your entire upper body is free - no harness. But you are definitely secure din place; no way could I have stood up and walked off while the restraints were engaged.

If there is a wait to get into Pandora, you can skip it and enter at your FP time, but not earlier. No way to say for sure whether that will be the case at the time you go.
That makes sense too. If the black lights in the areas I saw it not glowing were not on them it would explain the difference between Sunday and Wednesday.

Well, the good news is all the banshees that are NOT blue/black or blue/purple have been adopted, :). CM said he didn't have information on when the other colors would be available again. Also said tomorrow might be the last day they sell them for a while. Not sure how true it is, don't shoot the messenger! Just left the store and it took about 45 minutes to purchase.

Adopted? No they are in temporary custody of eBay resellers. (Hint to Disney that person buying 10 wasn't starting a rookery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter