***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighting has been improved upon and continues to be tweaked.

Overall, it was pretty dim, but all the glowing things were lit. It was very cool.

The photopass photographers were pretty much short or no lines when we went through. This was latter half of July.

I will say the lion king entrance was pretty dark, but we did pass a uniformed Disney security guy on the way in. Not that we felt it was needed, but he was there nonetheless. In any other setting, I might have felt it needed more lighting.

It's just such a shame that Disney has elected to make so much of the after-dark time unpleasant to be in Pandora per most accounts I've read. By only keeping that open 10-12, it sounds like it's just way too crowded. And waits are still long for the only 2 rides open.

The only days we have blocked off to MAYBE be in AK for EMH are 2 days out of our 11-day trip where we are already going to be in the AK for the afternoon. From what I'm reading, I imagine we'll leave before EMH. Sun sets around 8:15 or so now, so that gives us some time.

It's just such a shame that Disney has elected to make so much of the after-dark time unpleasant to be in Pandora per most accounts I've read. By only keeping that open 10-12, it sounds like it's just way too crowded. And waits are still long for the only 2 rides open.

The only days we have blocked off to MAYBE be in AK for EMH are 2 days out of our 11-day trip where we are already going to be in the AK for the afternoon. From what I'm reading, I imagine we'll leave before EMH. Sun sets around 8:15 or so now, so that gives us some time.
I was there opening week and didn't find it that bad at all. Obviously there was an extra hour in that EMH time but overall I never felt over crowded.

On our AK day we left around 1:30 after doing most of what we wanted. We would have liked to do animal trails but we were hot and tired and it was getting crowded, so we all voted to go back to YC and swim. We did plan to head back at night if only to see it all lit up but never did. Wouldn't have been hard to do, we had our car. Part of me regrets it but mostly I'm ok. We had a lovely evening just relaxing at the resort. Sometimes that's the best choice! I say play it by ear.

I was there opening week and didn't find it that bad at all. Obviously there was an extra hour in that EMH time but overall I never felt over crowded.
Did they open all of AK for EMH during the time you were there? And that was end of May... not Jun-Aug crowds wrt trhe rest of WDW...

Current accounts are mostly different.

I guess this is truly in the eye of the beholder -- not surprisingly! :)
It's possible the extra hour 10-1am might have helped spread the crowds a little bit too. I wouldn't be scared off by a couple accounts here or online elsewhere. I think if you attack EMH with a plan you'll be fine.

It's possible the extra hour 10-1am might have helped spread the crowds a little bit too. I wouldn't be scared off by a couple accounts here or online elsewhere. I think if you attack EMH with a plan you'll be fine.
I'm just skeptical, I guess... looking at MDE wait times it really doesn't seem to let up until ~ 11:30 PM... The below is from the last couple of weeks... then there are accounts of people finding it so crowded it wasn't even worth just walking around Pandora during EMH... guess we'll play it by ear.

Untitled.jpeg

I guess this is truly in the eye of the beholder -- not surprisingly! :)

For context: we were there on 6/30 with a FOP FP, and that evening was our first time in Pandora. So, not only did we not have a clue where we were going, but it was dark. Darker than we expected, which made it tough to see where anything was. Had it not been for the directions on here I would have be completely lost!

I would say that when the photographers are telling you the line for them is an hour, it might be crowded. The lines for the rides were at least 2 hours as well. Plus, Windtraders had gotten banshees in that day, so it was packed in there as well. This was at about 8:00-9:00 pm. I am sure it was more crowded when it opened, but it was not a comfortable feeling.

The crowding did not end in Pandora- we had a FP for Everest just as the first ROL show was ending and I felt so claustrophobic that I was on the verge of a panic attack in that area! I suppose if you can handle that crowd Pandora may not seem so bad to you?

Personally, the dimness of the lights in the park in general, the walkways in AK that always feel congested to me, and the additional people being drawn to the park in general and Pandora specifically just made it feel packed. I suppose your experience will depend in part on what you can handle.

For context: we were there on 6/30 with a FOP FP, and that evening was our first time in Pandora. So, not only did we not have a clue where we were going, but it was dark. Darker than we expected, which made it tough to see where anything was. Had it not been for the directions on here I would have be completely lost!

I would say that when the photographers are telling you the line for them is an hour, it might be crowded. The lines for the rides were at least 2 hours as well. Plus, Windtraders had gotten banshees in that day, so it was packed in there as well. This was at about 8:00-9:00 pm. I am sure it was more crowded when it opened, but it was not a comfortable feeling.

The crowding did not end in Pandora- we had a FP for Everest just as the first ROL show was ending and I felt so claustrophobic that I was on the verge of a panic attack in that area! I suppose if you can handle that crowd Pandora may not seem so bad to you?

Personally, the dimness of the lights in the park in general, the walkways in AK that always feel congested to me, and the additional people being drawn to the park in general and Pandora specifically just made it feel packed. I suppose your experience will depend in part on what you can handle.
All makes sense to me -- thanks for sharing this account! I'm filing everything away for next week... ... :)

We got in line for FoP that was a posted wait of 210 mins. Walked all the way up to the end of the outside part before the line formed. Park is closing now so FP return will die down soon. Do y'all think this is really a 210 min wait?

Just back. We were staying at AKL and thought we would check out the EMH. It was pretty to walk through after dark. Thought the lighting was ok but I can see where some people might find it too dark. Store was still crowded at 10. Line for FOP was at or over 2 hours right at 10. By 10:30 it had changed by about 5-10 minutes so we didn't stay. LOVED the ride. Had 2 FP for it over our stay and would have liked to have done it again, but not enough to stay until 11:30-12 to have a shorter wait. Will save that for next trip! River Journey was nice but none of us felt like it was a redo if it was a long wait. It's a nice addition to the park.

How essential is seeing Pandora at night? I have intentionally avoided almost all photos and information since I like to go into new Disney things spoiler-free. Since we're gonna rope drop Pandora for our 1 AK day, I'm not sure we'll have enough to do to last us until the night (we're not giant AK people but very excited to see Pandora) and I feel like our time might be spent better elsewhere unless Pandora at night is "oh my god you have to see it".
I feel its a must see, its really beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter