***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone trying to plan their FoP FP strategy - as of today (6/30) at 7:00am window opening, the earliest available FPs were on day 63, 7:20pm or later...

For anyone trying to plan their FoP FP strategy - as of today (6/30) at 7:00am window opening, the earliest available FPs were on day 63, 7:20pm or later...

Made my FP+ this morning, and my AK day is at 61 days out. Just a quick note to report that NRJ is still wide open--I picked up for 3 people at 9 am, and could have chosen just about any other time.

My 60 days is Sunday 7/2 and have a short 4 day trip....really hope I can grab FOP for our last day. If not we have a tusker house reservation at 8:05 that will at least get us in early.

I would rope drop. On Tuesday they let us in to Pandora at 7:40. We headed to Windtraders (yes we rope dropped a gift shop...) just in case they had Banshees. We headed to NRJ at 8:00 sharp and literally walked directly into a boat. As many others have said, it's enjoyable, but I would definitely not wait 45min for it.

Thanks, helpful info!

I purposely haven't looked at much because I want to be surprised.

How long should I plan to spend exploring Pandora for the first time in the day time? We will have a FP for Na'vi River. Is an hour too much time to look around, have a snack and ride?

Are there any photopass spots?

Honestly, I think it will vary based on your touring style and what you like to look at - basically how you feel about Animal Kingdom as a whole

I think some people could spend several hours taking in all the details and others after 5 minutes have found it boring

If you are only speaking of riding the river journey which you have a fastpass for, that would probably take you about 20 mins or so all in, and then 10 mins to get the snack, etc. I think an hour would be the minimum to plan but probably 1.5 hours would be sufficient

Now, if you are also trying to do FoP standby that is different

How long have people been waiting recently that have scheduled fastpasses? We have a 3:45 FP on our day of arrival for FoP, and a 9:15 am FP for Na'vi River the next morning. We will be there at the end of July.

How long have people been waiting recently that have scheduled fastpasses? We have a 3:45 FP on our day of arrival for FoP, and a 9:15 am FP for Na'vi River the next morning. We will be there at the end of July.

We were there June 13th. We walked right on with a FP. So only as long as it takes to walk the queue. I bought a 20 oz beer expecting to wait a bit in line and ended up having to chug it. The loading/preshow process takes awhile so by the time we were done with the ride I REALLY needed a restroom. LOL!

Since opening weekend, FP waits at Pandora attractions have dropped to be in line with all others--15-20 minutes tops assuming normal operations.

At AK today. Made it to the park by 7:40am and it was already open. I think they opened at 7:30 or 7:35am. Walked straight to Navi River Journey and literally walked right on. Debated FOP but had at FP for later so skipped it (line was insane and said 90mins). Went to gift shop and waited 10mins to buy 2 banshees for the kids. By the afternoon my brother decided to buy one for my nephew and there were still a good amount left, though CMs were saying supply was limited.

I expected so much worse but opening the park early was perfect. Pandora was insane as we were starting to leave the area around 8:30am and stayed really busy through the afternoon.

We waited about 25 min with our FoP FP, but a theater went down as we entered and they had to re-seat the people from that theater first.

What do you guys think of this plan? We're going to (pre) rope drop AK at 7:30ish for a 9:00 am start. I have a FP+ for NRJ at 9:15. We will do FOP standby and then NRJ using the FP. After scanning the FP+, I'll park hop us to somewhere else (MK, maybe?) around noon with my other unused FPs. We'll hang at AK for the morning and do the safari and EE.

My 60 days is Sunday 7/2 and have a short 4 day trip....really hope I can grab FOP for our last day. If not we have a tusker house reservation at 8:05 that will at least get us in early.
I found no FoP availability this week at 7AM for day 62, but day 64 had plenty of availability. Twelve hours later, I went back and modified my FoP FP time to later in the day, and there were plenty available even then.

From what I saw when I booked ours you can get stuff for 4 on the 4th day, provided you are ok with afternoon FP
This is what I'm hoping for us! I book our FP's on 7/4 and I am nervous about FOP. We plan on going to AK on our 4th day, 9/5 but not until the afternoon (we're doing EMM at MK that morning), so we don't plan on getting to AK until around 3pm. Hoping to get FOP fps for us for later in the day. Keeping my fingers crossed but I'm kind of glad we have the plan that we do now that I'm seeing how difficult it is right now.

I am losing hope for any FP at 30 days for my August trip. Fingers crossed my kids will agree to brave RD.

I really don't want to miss out on FOP since this may be our only trip. But the rest of my family may not care as much.
I've been trying daily to get a FP for FOP. I tried booking everyday at 7 a.m. at 30 days and it didn't even show up on the list. I'm still trying a few times a day in hopes I may get something, but at this point I think I'm resigned to just wait in line. Good luck!

I have been checking for FoP all hours of the day since my 60 day window. We are 52 days and one finally popped up. I am so excited!!!!! Yay!
How in the world? I've been checking as well. I never see anything, and it's so aggravating.... Did you just get 1 pass. or multiple? maybe that could be the issue?

Honestly, I think it will vary based on your touring style and what you like to look at - basically how you feel about Animal Kingdom as a whole

I think some people could spend several hours taking in all the details and others after 5 minutes have found it boring

If you are only speaking of riding the river journey which you have a fastpass for, that would probably take you about 20 mins or so all in, and then 10 mins to get the snack, etc. I think an hour would be the minimum to plan but probably 1.5 hours would be sufficient

Now, if you are also trying to do FoP standby that is different

These are the people that we enjoy....No offense but it's hard to fathom why the dislike for this park, or lack of interest, but the more people that call it a 1/2 day park, means more room for us to meander....Honestly this park, is probably one of the most well done theme parks out of any we've been too, and is definitely tied for our fav. down in WDW....

I can't wait to spend time here..... Just so frustrated that we still can't even get a sniff of a FP for FOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter