Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

Haha, its ok you dont have to do it for me..... I must be having some kind of glitch here but i cant understand it. 2 browsers, cleared history, restarted my computer! Bizarre. I was looking at Royal Pacific. Thanks for your support :P

Haha, its ok you dont have to do it for me..... I must be having some kind of glitch here but i cant understand it. 2 browsers, cleared history, restarted my computer! Bizarre. I was looking at Royal Pacific. Thanks for your support :P

I was checking to see if there would be a glitch on my end, nope I'm fine.
1650381848223.png

yup worked on my phone but a pain in the butt to see. I think i found a HRH AP rate that night.

On Easter Sunday we booked for 3nts in early/mid June (W-Sat) at Portofino - 2Q Garden ($710 avg - seasonal rate) - pretty high, but we decided we'd book it and utilize our 15month passes before they expire, since our Hawaii or New York trip plans didn't seem as doable or desirable and we really wanted one more fun family trip before DS 18 goes off to college. (Of course that DS being 18 adds about $45/nt as an extra "adult" in the room.)

Then on Tuesday DH decided we should do 4 nts (W-Sun), and we saw that Garden 2Q was $716 seasonal, but Dlx 2Q was $712 with a Savvy Traveler rate, and 2Q Club at Portofino was $766 with Savvy Traveler, so we booked the Club! Super high, but only ~$50/nt more for the 5 of us to get food & beverages with the club level!

I kept checking and rechecking hoping against hope for AP rates, and Thurs we saw Royal Pacific Standard 2Q for our 4 nts (W-Sun) with an AP rate of $464! So we changed yet again and booked that one! I loved the theming at RP last year (our 1st time at Universal) and its accessibility to the parks, and though the room was a bit cramped for the 5 of us (we brought an air mattress), it was doable. Plus we can get a whole lot of food for the $300/nt difference! :dogdance:

I'll continue checking for AP rates for Club at RP and any rooms at PB, as we'd love to try a new hotel & pool and get some more space, but happy with this RP AP rate (even if it is higher than we paid last yr for Club 2Q at RP with AP for 7 nts, avg $405/nt).

I just got an AP rate for standard room RP for my June dates! I was beginning to think it would never happen- saved a good bit!
Which dates?! I’ve been looking for RP AP discount for June and there hasn’t been any other than the expensive suites!

Not the OP but I just booked today for June 10-13 for a standard room, worked out to $431/night. Looks like it's still available at that rate for those dates.
Thank you! I see the rate for those dates! Just none for the last week of June that I need😔… I wish I could switch , that’s a good rate (for right now) we got Portofino last summer for $289/night… nothing even close to that this summer😏

So I'm looking into possibly going to Universal and wanted to compare room rates between Universal and the deluxe walk to park disney hotels. It seems as if the rates are comparable now? Anywhere between $450-750/night??

Please forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question. We used to be very experienced at USO and for years were APH, knew the best towers to request at RPR for park views, being close to the walking path, etc. Oh how my boys loved HRH. This was around 2005-2013. Well, we haven't been since 2015 and wow, their website has changed a lot! So many more hotels and it's not as easy as it used to be to compare rates. I am trying to plan a trip for my niece and her kids and I'm feeling so lost.
She is very flexible with dates but looking for a cheaper time of year if there are any nowadays.

How do we search for AAA or APH rates? I don't see any place to enter promo code APH like we used to. Is there an easy webpage where we can enter the dates once and it lists availability for all hotels? I can only find a way to search for each hotel individually. This takes so much longer. I'd prefer to stick to the main 3 that offer unlimited Express Pass. APs have gone up so much, I'm not sure it's even worth buying for the hotel savings like it used to be. This will probably be their only trip but at our last trip in 2015, the AP more than paid for itself for the hotel discount for that one trip.

Any tips would be so appreciated!

ETA: Ah! I found a link on another thread for APH rates but do they still offer a AAA discount? Thanks

Last edited:
Please forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question. We used to be very experienced at USO and for years were APH, knew the best towers to request at RPR for park views, being close to the walking path, etc. Oh how my boys loved HRH. This was around 2005-2013. Well, we haven't been since 2015 and wow, their website has changed a lot! So many more hotels and it's not as easy as it used to be to compare rates. I am trying to plan a trip for my niece and her kids and I'm feeling so lost.
She is very flexible with dates but looking for a cheaper time of year if there are any nowadays.

How do we search for AAA or APH rates? I don't see any place to enter promo code APH like we used to. Is there an easy webpage where we can enter the dates once and it lists availability for all hotels? I can only find a way to search for each hotel individually. This takes so much longer. I'd prefer to stick to the main 3 that offer unlimited Express Pass. APs have gone up so much, I'm not sure it's even worth buying for the hotel savings like it used to be. This will probably be their only trip but at our last trip in 2015, the AP more than paid for itself for the hotel discount for that one trip.
Any tips would be so appreciated!
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/hotel-offers

Click on the link for "Explore all Passholder Hotel Rates" and you can put in your dates and it will show you all hotels that have availability. If AP rates aren't available, it will show you the seasonal rate or sometimes Savvy traveler if it's available.

Thank you so much. Is there still a AAA discount? If so, would I look on AAA website or call USO directly?

Contact your local/regional AAA with whom you are affiliated. That's where I was directed (both via website and after calling USO-RPH directly). I live in Texas, and went to my Texas AAA website. There *is* a discount for our dates in July.... but only if I stayed at least 5 nights. :( (Which we aren't) It also restricted the type room I could get (not all room types / sizes applicable). Your region may vary. The Texas AAA rate was frankly about same as Savvy traveler/ stay more play more rates. ]

What I'm still not sure of is whether there is still a discount for dining with AAA. There always *used* to be. If anyone knows answer to that... please share!

FWIW - I got better rates/selection via APH for our July trip, versus the 3 rooms I had originally reserved at (gulp) standard rates at RPH. I reserved a 2BR suite so that our party of 8 only needs to have 1 APH amongst us (which we will use for any dining discounts, since AAA discounts are an unknown). The RPH 2BR suite has 3 bathrooms - super nice feature - and kitchen (also great for storing some water bottles, a few snackos). The AP rate lowered the cost enough to make it comparable to a Disney (DVC) on-site villa (and we are DVC members, so we don't usually pay that, or we get them at a discounted rate on cash reservation, so we aren't used to "paying the price", lol). USO-Loews has really raised their rates, but let's face it... the current supply/demand situation has them in the catbird seat, for sure! July rooms are scarce at RPH and HRH, and getting moreso @ PFB. I try to console myself with fact that my pricy on-site RPH "villa" comes with 8 FOTL passes, which would be $200/day otherwise, which is more than I'm paying per night for the room, and that those passes enable us to only be there 3 nights vs 5 with time to see all rides of interest. But then I think to myself - holy crap, they really want and expect $200/day for unlimited FOTL privvy? Which THEN prompts me to whisper in dread "Oh God... don't let Disney find out I'm willing to pay that much... Genie+ and LL is bad enough already!!!" And it's not nearly as GOOD as FOTL, lol.) These are indeed strange economic times.

I'm calling RPH today to see if they will "honor" APH rates on the rooms I booked at full price, but I fully expect that the answer is "no", in which case I'll cancel those, and keep my APH-priced "villa".

And if I find out any AAA discounts (room or dining, other)... I will post.

Contact your local/regional AAA with whom you are affiliated. That's where I was directed (both via website and after calling USO-RPH directly). I live in Texas, and went to my Texas AAA website. There *is* a discount for our dates in July.... but only if I stayed at least 5 nights. :( (Which we aren't) It also restricted the type room I could get (not all room types / sizes applicable). Your region may vary. The Texas AAA rate was frankly about same as Savvy traveler/ stay more play more rates. ]

What I'm still not sure of is whether there is still a discount for dining with AAA. There always *used* to be. If anyone knows answer to that... please share!

FWIW - I got better rates/selection via APH for our July trip, versus the 3 rooms I had originally reserved at (gulp) standard rates at RPH. I reserved a 2BR suite so that our party of 8 only needs to have 1 APH amongst us (which we will use for any dining discounts, since AAA discounts are an unknown). The RPH 2BR suite has 3 bathrooms - super nice feature - and kitchen (also great for storing some water bottles, a few snackos). The AP rate lowered the cost enough to make it comparable to a Disney (DVC) on-site villa (and we are DVC members, so we don't usually pay that, or we get them at a discounted rate on cash reservation, so we aren't used to "paying the price", lol). USO-Loews has really raised their rates, but let's face it... the current supply/demand situation has them in the catbird seat, for sure! July rooms are scarce at RPH and HRH, and getting moreso @ PFB. I try to console myself with fact that my pricy on-site RPH "villa" comes with 8 FOTL passes, which would be $200/day otherwise, which is more than I'm paying per night for the room, and that those passes enable us to only be there 3 nights vs 5 with time to see all rides of interest. But then I think to myself - holy crap, they really want and expect $200/day for unlimited FOTL privvy? Which THEN prompts me to whisper in dread "Oh God... don't let Disney find out I'm willing to pay that much... Genie+ and LL is bad enough already!!!" And it's not nearly as GOOD as FOTL, lol.) These are indeed strange economic times.

I'm calling RPH today to see if they will "honor" APH rates on the rooms I booked at full price, but I fully expect that the answer is "no", in which case I'll cancel those, and keep my APH-priced "villa".

And if I find out any AAA discounts (room or dining, other)... I will post.
Thank you! Good luck getting a better price.
We really would never visit USO without having the room key to have unlimited FOTL.
When ds25 was around 12 or 13 and was finally tall enough to ride the Hulk, we planned a short visit and he said he would ride it 8x in a row. :eek:
Luckily we got up to #5 and he had enough. We really had it down pat that we knew exactly when to expect the photo and we’d wave, make the peace sign, or silly faces. I should probably dig those old pictures out. Good times!

Just booked Portofino King garden with AP rate of $469/night. June 27-30…Still looking for an AP rate for Royal Pacific for those dates! But at least we have this for now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter