Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

We are only staying 1 night during during spring break 4/21-4/22 (we are staying the rest of the week down the road). First I booked an AP rate at Surfside for the 5 of us for $223 including tax. Then we upgraded to a standard room at RPR when we realized it was going to be crazy crowded and we would need express passes. I wasn't too happy to pay the $786 rack rate that rate included taxes). I checked every day hoping a room that was a better value would magically become available. With 2 weeks to go, a bunch of AP rate rooms just dropped at Portofino! They had standard rooms and club rooms. I modified to a club room for $712 including tax, standard rooms were available for $30 less. We now have the benefits of club level, about 100 extra square feet in the room and we are paying $74 less. I know this is still crazy expensive compared to prices in the past, but happy that I was able to save a few bucks off of the rack rate at Royal Pacific.

realizing that even if an annual pass discount of 30% is offered ($247/night), it's unlikely to be offered for all 5 nights.
Believe “if” AP rates come out, it will be sporadic and more along the lines of WDW’s ‘up to X%’. Still, a small discount is better than nothing if your dates are etched in stone.
With 2 weeks to go, a bunch of AP rate rooms just dropped at Portofino! They had standard rooms and club rooms. I modified to a club room for $712 including tax, standard rooms were available for $30 less. We now have the benefits of club level, about 100 extra square feet in the room and we are paying $74 less. I know this is still crazy expensive compared to prices in the past, but happy that I was able to save a few bucks off of the rack rate at Royal Pacific.
it’s all relative lol. If you are happy, then you ”got a good deal”. Enjoy your trip.

Some more dates perhaps not mentioned above: for passholders for 5/8 and 5/9, RP for $269 and HR for $304. I am supposed to be staying at CBBR ($119) or SF ($169) to have the walk to VB, the focus of the trip. But it's so hard to pass up these rates with express passes included!

Booked @ RPH at the ghastly "standard" rates for July ; needed 3 rooms so I called (instead of just on-line booking), as I also wanted to get the rooms as close to each other as possible. Booked 2 King Suites at $755.66 each, and one Standard King room at $622.23 (all pre-taxes). I asked about AAA and APH rates and was told none exist (well, there was an AAA rate for our dates BUT we needed to stay 5 nights instead of 3, so it's probably similar to the Stay More Play More & Savvy traveler rates). That said - the person assisting me on the call said she would designate each room as "APH Rate" just in case such a rate came through. I wasn't aware they could do that... and probably won't bank on it and still keep my eyes open in case an APH rate appears (because it might appear only for different room type, etc.) - but hey, I'll take every little bit of help I can get. May be worth it to make a call.

Booked @ RPH at the ghastly "standard" rates for July ; needed 3 rooms so I called (instead of just on-line booking), as I also wanted to get the rooms as close to each other as possible. Booked 2 King Suites at $755.66 each, and one Standard King room at $622.23 (all pre-taxes). I asked about AAA and APH rates and was told none exist (well, there was an AAA rate for our dates BUT we needed to stay 5 nights instead of 3, so it's probably similar to the Stay More Play More & Savvy traveler rates). That said - the person assisting me on the call said she would designate each room as "APH Rate" just in case such a rate came through. I wasn't aware they could do that... and probably won't bank on it and still keep my eyes open in case an APH rate appears (because it might appear only for different room type, etc.) - but hey, I'll take every little bit of help I can get. May be worth it to make a call.
Yeah I would not bank on that either. APH rooms are very limited and at RPH will likely not be available in July. Or a few will and they will disappear in a snap.

I'm seeing AP rates for my June 30 trip. Nothing good for me though. No queen rooms at all for PBH, just Kings and Suites but I think we've seen this before with the other rooms possibly coming later.

They look to be out through about Aug 12th.

Last edited:
I'm seeing AP rates for my June 30 trip. Nothing good for me though. No queen rooms at all for PBH, just Kings and Suites but I think we've seen this before with the other rooms possibly coming later.

Yeah seems very limited. Hopefully it updates a bit more in the next day or so. Would like to book July dates in a deluxe but over 500 a night is a bit much.

Thanks for the update. Patiently waiting for September to drop. We have a 2 bedroom suite at PBH booked already, hoping they’ll be some AP rates open for that room type 🤞🏻

A lot depends on your September dates and which hotels have a few openings due to cancellations.

If hotels are booked out, I can’t see any rooms having a discount if there are last minute cancellations.

But I should never say never…
Anything is possible when UO wants to fill every room

Loews would not need to drop room prices as many check frequently to book any room type during the HHN event.

My time frame is last two weeks in September and as of now, no availability for the premier hotel for non suites at RP.
( of course that always can change but it’s good to have a backup plan if no rooms become available)
Over the years I have seen last minute booking cancellations due to family emergencies…but it’s not the best way to count on booking a last minute room

Ladyderks
Hope you do get lucky with a discount!

See you in the Fog….

A lot depends on your September dates and which hotels have a few openings due to cancellations.

If hotels are booked out, I can’t see any rooms having a discount if there are last minute cancellations.

But I should never say never…
Anything is possible when UO wants to fill every room

Loews would not need to drop room prices as many check frequently to book any room type during the HHN event.

My time frame is last two weeks in September and as of now, no availability for the premier hotel for non suites at RP.
( of course that always can change but it’s good to have a backup plan if no rooms become available)
Over the years I have seen last minute booking cancellations due to family emergencies…but it’s not the best way to count on booking a last minute room

Ladyderks
Hope you do get lucky with a discount!

See you in the Fog….
For now I was able to secure the room using the ST rate, luckily! I did check, and the suite we are staying in is currently not available anymore for the week we are there (24th - 30th). So glad for the advice given on this thread to book early at a rate you can stomach, and check back for any possible discounts. I have learned so much reading through this forum - and I’m thankful for everyone’s input and advice.

I remain hopeful, but honestly just can’t wait to be there! Hope you can get the room you want (at a price you like!) as well ☺️

They look to be out through abo
We have changed our booking for a queen room pool view at Dockside that we had on savvy traveler rate to a 2 bedroom pool view there for an extra $20 a night. Pretty happy with that and our teen is over the moon to have his own space.
7/3 - 7/11
Over the moon with wmoon? :)

Thanks for the update! There is nothing for me yet either, we are a party of 4 looking for 2 queens at any of the 3 deluxe. I will now start stalking more frequently since they are starting to come out! It does look like there is plenty of room availability at all 3 deluxe, so hopefully other AP discounts are coming!

I'm only seeing suites at RP for the AP rates, no matter the dates I select - is it possible/likely the AP rates are no longer offered on standard rooms at premier hotels? I'll be looking for Nov 12-19 specifically and I was hoping that was a "slow-ish" week where it wouldn't be so hard to find a deal...

I'm only seeing suites at RP for the AP rates, no matter the dates I select - is it possible/likely the AP rates are no longer offered on standard rooms at premier hotels? I'll be looking for Nov 12-19 specifically and I was hoping that was a "slow-ish" week where it wouldn't be so hard to find a deal...
Here's an example of an annual passholder rate at the Hard Rock for July. They are there but few and far between.

1649293263309.png

Here's an example of an annual passholder rate at the Hard Rock for July. They are there but few and far between.
Good find! Is there a better way to look for them other than changing the dates one day at a time? I'm guessing AP rates (for standard room, anyway) won't be available for weekends. Maybe I could book a room at AP rate for weekdays, then make another booking at seasonal rate for the weekend. Wonder if they'd make us change rooms.

We have back to back bookings coming up in May because I could not find passholder rates for all the days at once. We called and let them know & were told they would make note to keep us in the same room, but that we would have to come get a new room key when the 2nd reservation started.

We have back to back bookings coming up in May because I could not find passholder rates for all the days at once. We called and let them know & were told they would make note to keep us in the same room, but that we would have to come get a new room key when the 2nd reservation started.
Awesome, good to know! Hope the note is sufficient and everything goes smoothly. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter