*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

So I put a lot of thought into the planning of my upcoming Sept/Oct vacation. I picked that time period because I thought it would be a quiet, non eventful time. Star wars wasn't supposed to open til later in the year. The Minnie and Mickey ride was supposed to be open. But there wasn't anything that was going to draw a huge crowd to the parks and quite frankly, people were going to stay away and wait for the opening of Star Wars. Well, a week after our 7 month window opened and I made the reservations at AKL, Disney announced the early opening of Stars Wars and then last night they released the date of the last show of Illuminations and start of the new one (both of which is while we're there). Both are going to draw huge crowds, which completely destroys my well thought out (originally clever) plan. Though I won't be happy about the crowds at Epcot that week, I am happy that I'll see the last Illuminations showing and then at some point during the week I'll go see the new show (a couple days after the first showing). I'm torn on Star Wars too because since it's open, I'll want to see it but I have 2 little ones and I doubt the line to get into the land will be short and since they aren't using fast passes yet, it won't alleviate the toy story land a whole lot. Also it sounds like the Minnie and Mickey ride won't be opening now til later so that won't soak up some of the crowds. Also the only night time extra magic hours are Oct 1st at Epcot and we'll be at the Not So Scary Halloween party. Sigh...I just can't win. Oh well, now I have 4 months to get my ducks in a row and utilize my fast passes to the fullest (even though those plans never work out as planned either). I'm sure we'll make the most of it and still have a good time.
We've always gone in summer months or in December. I was really looking forward to October with it's cooler nights and warmer days and lower crowds too. I know F&W kiosks will be jamming, that's what they're intended to do. Halloween party would be busy more likely than not too as we're going at the end of the month.

I feel a wave of people on the horizon who have not yet planned to come but will be joining our ranks. I'm just as happy and excited for them as I am for the rest of us, we will have fun regardless. :)

It’s so fun to read about everyone else’s plans! Since we are only doing MNSSHP and then catching a cruise the next day, my planning is really done. Our ADR window opens on Sunday, but we aren’t reserving anything. We’ll be flying in that day, with a two hour time change, so I have no idea when people in my group will be hungry. We’re bringing some gift cards and will just get CS food when we want to eat. Plus, we don’t want to miss out on anything! Our ‘costumes’ are leftover Mickey Halloween t-shirts from a DLR trip three years ago. But I enjoy reading about everyone else’s Operation Overlord type plans!

Regarding IllumiNations - Reflections of Earth is my ringtone!

Has anyone heard that the Lion King packages are ending. We've wanted to do the package with lunch at Tiffins, but there are no dates after Sept 28th. Just wanted to check if anybody had heard anything about it.

I like Illuminations but don't love it :duck:so I'm fine with it ending, and I'm hoping I like the interim show. I loved Wishes and don't particularly like HEA; loved Spectromagic and the ELP; don't like Rivers of Light. So my track record would intake I will not like any new show! However I have at least one free night so I'm going to make it a point to see this.

I feel the same! Wishes was wonderful and I always had a lump in my throat at the end. HEA just doesn’t have the same effect on me.

I think Rivers of Light is okay at best, I feel like it’s missing something.

Hopefully your track record is broken for you this time lol

So I put a lot of thought into the planning of my upcoming Sept/Oct vacation. I picked that time period because I thought it would be a quiet, non eventful time. Star wars wasn't supposed to open til later in the year. The Minnie and Mickey ride was supposed to be open. But there wasn't anything that was going to draw a huge crowd to the parks and quite frankly, people were going to stay away and wait for the opening of Star Wars. Well, a week after our 7 month window opened and I made the reservations at AKL, Disney announced the early opening of Stars Wars and then last night they released the date of the last show of Illuminations and start of the new one (both of which is while we're there). Both are going to draw huge crowds, which completely destroys my well thought out (originally clever) plan. Though I won't be happy about the crowds at Epcot that week, I am happy that I'll see the last Illuminations showing and then at some point during the week I'll go see the new show (a couple days after the first showing). I'm torn on Star Wars too because since it's open, I'll want to see it but I have 2 little ones and I doubt the line to get into the land will be short and since they aren't using fast passes yet, it won't alleviate the toy story land a whole lot. Also it sounds like the Minnie and Mickey ride won't be opening now til later so that won't soak up some of the crowds. Also the only night time extra magic hours are Oct 1st at Epcot and we'll be at the Not So Scary Halloween party. Sigh...I just can't win. Oh well, now I have 4 months to get my ducks in a row and utilize my fast passes to the fullest (even though those plans never work out as planned either). I'm sure we'll make the most of it and still have a good time.

That sounds so frustrating for you! The EMH thing isn’t great for us either and we’re there for 2 weeks. Hopefully you can get the fast passes you want and make the most of your trip :thumbsup2

Has anyone heard that the Lion King packages are ending. We've wanted to do the package with lunch at Tiffins, but there are no dates after Sept 28th. Just wanted to check if anybody had heard anything about it.
Haven't heard anything, but the 'reserved' section was pretty light last week in AK. Maybe it wasn't selling well?

I basically could have written this post, but change 2 kids to 3 kids. :rotfl2:

Oh how funny! I just asked this question in the Restaurant forum today bc I wanted to book the 30th and of course it only goes up to the 29th!

I have been wanting to book too. My dd really wants to do this. I hope it isn't cancelled.

I feel the same! Wishes was wonderful and I always had a lump in my throat at the end. HEA just doesn’t have the same effect on me.

Yes! Wishes made me tear up always. HEA has never come close to doing that:(

I miss Wishes :sad: We only stayed through 1/2 of HEA on our trip last August (if even that...) then left back to the Poly on the boat - which was also a cool experience watching the fireworks from the launch. Other MK days/off days we watched from the Poly beach. Also miss Spectromagic (from the 90's) and the Electrical Parade... :sad:

Our trip is half Disney, half visiting my BFF and her family (who are DVC/AP/Disneyheads), so we have more days there than we were planning to spend at the parks. I'm trying to convince DH to buy a 4 day (plus 2 free) ticket instead of the 3-day we were planning so that we can spend a little more time in the parks (MK esp with our little kids) instead of having three jam packed days/one day per park.

Hi all! I am a longtime lurker of the boards and decided to join because I found this thread. My husband and I have visited WDW 3 previous times as adults (always in October, to celebrate our wedding anniversary). This October we have invited our extended family to go with us AND it will be our daughter's first visit as well! I have been feeling a little down about the numerous changes and announcements coming out of WDW (Illuminations, SGE, and no more evening EMH at MK during the month) and fear it won't be as magical as our past visits in October have been. But reading about each of your plans and sharing the excitement for your upcoming trips is reviving my enthusiasm. :)

I am right there with you in feeling like all my plans are getting turned upside down. My stomach dropped when the announcement about Galaxy's Edge opening in August was published. Then evening magic hours getting reduced throughout October, etc. I hope all your plans do end up working out and you have a wonderful vacation. Sending you lots of pixie dust vibes!

Has anyone heard about the rumors that Return to Sleepy Hollow at Ft. Wilderness won't happen this year? Last year they had already announced the dates by late March.

Has anyone heard about the rumors that Return to Sleepy Hollow at Ft. Wilderness won't happen this year? Last year they had already announced the dates by late March.

I read on another site that it's not happening because of the construction at the Fort this year. Very sad to me- it was one of our favorite things the last 2 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter