***Official November 2022 Thread***

Packing is getting serious over here! I had to start a to do list so I don't forget to do something. So far temps look pretty pleasant with highs in the mid 70s, hoping that sticks around.

The only thing that's really causing me some heartburn is my very elderly pup is showing some more signs of slowing down this week. His eyesight is going and he tends to stick close to me these days. The doggy hotel is great and he seems to like it there, but I'm feeling a little guilty about it. It's so hard to watch your pets get older.

Last week of Epcot food and wine plus cooler November temps draws people. Only quiet time any more is late August through September.
I agree with you there about late August through September being quiet. I've also found that the week after Thanksgiving and the first week of December seem to be slower, if people are looking for a slow time during holiday festivities. These are our "go to" weeks when we want to go during the holidays

I agree with you there about late August through September being quiet. I've also found that the week after Thanksgiving and the first week of December seem to be slower, if people are looking for a slow time during holiday festivities. These are our "go to" weeks when we want to go during the holidays
Don't be telling people about the week after Thanksgiving - that's when we like to go! :earboy2:

The rumor that the week after Thanksgiving is slow is popular but not really correct. ;) Magic Kingdom is slammed on non-party days. There are so many Christmas parties during this time that it leaves the nighttime hours at MK really packed with people on the remaining days of the week. In spite of that, we will be back at WDW the week after Thanksgiving. ;)

We are now leaving Disney and headed to the beach before going home. We bought WAY to much and our car is PACKED but it’s worth it. We had a great time, a lot of ups, some downs but that’s bound to happen when we’re sleep deprived and there’s 9 (sometimes 10) of us. The hurricane did put a damper on things but once it passed the trip seemed to shift for the better and I was getting more sleep. The star park this time was Hollywood studios. I’m not a fan of Star Wars (at least not a super fan, I like aspects of it) but batuu was really amazing. I enjoyed the character roaming around, stopping to antagonize patrons. I enjoyed docs, building droids and of coarse savis! I was hesistant on savis but man I love the hilt I built! And ogas was super fun. Our universal day got rained out but that’s ok since we’ll plan a full universal trip for next year when my daughter is a little older and can appreciate the rides more (she wasn’t a fan this time). I got some pixi dust when I found my husband and my sizes in the plaid matching pjs (it’s a tradition-matching pjs for anniversary) I told the cast member while checking out about our anniversary and how it’s tradition to get matching pjs and how everywhere has been sold out of that set. She asked about discounts and I said “no but I wish” and she gave us a discount AND a free reusable bag! I was over the moon!

The crowds were pretty massive this trip. Epcot, Hollywood studios and magic kingdom were sold out so it made our usual do whatever, have loose plans go out the window. We had to effectively schedule das right after tapping into the ride. I did see that higher crowds put a lot of pressure on the cast members, especially on guardians. The cast members would put a group in a lane and that group would go wherever and then fight with them. We all have our breaking points so it’s understandable. Even with those things, I’m leaving wishing I could go back.

Anyone have thoughts about the period of time, say Jan 5th up until MLK Day weekend?

I was part of this thread because we should have returned Sunday from our trip, but Nicole had other ideas (we were flying on that Thursday) and we couldn't scramble fast enough to push our 4 day trip out 2 days (6 adults trying to coordinate time off from work, dog sitters, and rescheduled plane flights on 2 different airlines and resort reservations).

I pushed our trip to 12/8, but 1 in our group can't take time off in December apparently so now we're still searching for dates. My DH has a knee replacement scheduled for mid January, so if we can't get this trip rescheduled before that -- it's going to be many months.

I'm really really bummed.

Anyone have thoughts about the period of time, say Jan 5th up until MLK Day weekend?

I was part of this thread because we should have returned Sunday from our trip, but Nicole had other ideas (we were flying on that Thursday) and we couldn't scramble fast enough to push our 4 day trip out 2 days (6 adults trying to coordinate time off from work, dog sitters, and rescheduled plane flights on 2 different airlines and resort reservations).

I pushed our trip to 12/8, but 1 in our group can't take time off in December apparently so now we're still searching for dates. My DH has a knee replacement scheduled for mid January, so if we can't get this trip rescheduled before that -- it's going to be many months.

After marathon weekend and before MLK should be decent.

I hope you have a fabulous trip!

After marathon weekend and before MLK should be decent.

I hope you have a fabulous trip!
Just to clarify since pp seems unaware of it, marathon weekend is January 5-8 this year. MLK weekend usually starts friday so will be January 13-16. So that is a pretty narrow window of just a few days between, all work days (I mention as time off seems an obstacle. In pp’s situation I’d be inclined to just split up the group and go in t without the one friend who can’t make it.

Just to clarify since pp seems unaware of it, marathon weekend is January 5-8 this year. MLK weekend usually starts friday so will be January 13-16. So that is a pretty narrow window of just a few days between, all work days (I mention as time off seems an obstacle. In pp’s situation I’d be inclined to just split up the group and go in t without the one friend who can’t make it.
Good point! Marathon weekend can get busy! That a small window but also depends how long a trip your looking for.

Good point! Marathon weekend can get busy! That a small window but also depends how long a trip your looking for.

Thanks to you both. We've been attempting this trip since 2020 with our adult DSs and their wife/gf. So leaving one DS behind won't work. ;)

If we're looking for 4 days and only using 2 work days, what about arriving Saturday 1/7 - 1/10? Would that be preferable over arriving Thursday 1/12 - 1/15? Or just a toss up?

Thanks to you both. We've been attempting this trip since 2020 with our adult DSs and their wife/gf. So leaving one DS behind won't work. ;)

If we're looking for 4 days and only using 2 work days, what about arriving Saturday 1/7 - 1/10? Would that be preferable over arriving Thursday 1/12 - 1/15? Or just a toss up?
I'm also considering that window of time. Room rates seem very low earlier part of the week and the Disney+ room only discount availability seems good. MLK weekend room rates and airfare appear higher from what I've seen. I'm also looking at the MK After Hours on Monday 1/9. I'm a fan of MK After Hours. Yes, it could be cold at night, but as a Midwesterner, Florida cold isn't all that cold to me. DHS After Hours falls on Wed 1/11. I've never done a DHS After Hours and not sure if I ever would, but it could be fun for some.

We went jan 2018. It was earlier I think Jan 2nd or 3rd till I think the 10th and it was such light crowds we loved it! That being said post covid has been very different crowd wise than we’re used to. First week of nov is usually quieter (still crowded but manageable) and that wasn’t the case this year.

I'm also considering that window of time. Room rates seem very low earlier part of the week and the Disney+ room only discount availability seems good. MLK weekend room rates and airfare appear higher from what I've seen. I'm also looking at the MK After Hours on Monday 1/9. I'm a fan of MK After Hours. Yes, it could be cold at night, but as a Midwesterner, Florida cold isn't all that cold to me. DHS After Hours falls on Wed 1/11. I've never done a DHS After Hours and not sure if I ever would, but it could be fun for some.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Since we forfeited our MVMCP tix last week, I'm hoping they'd move us to the AH event on 1/9. My one DS is really dragging his feet about picking dates that work (granted he has the most finicky/weird job stuff) and I'm about to lose my mind, lol.

The rumor that the week after Thanksgiving is slow is popular but not really correct. ;) Magic Kingdom is slammed on non-party days. There are so many Christmas parties during this time that it leaves the nighttime hours at MK really packed with people on the remaining days of the week. In spite of that, we will be back at WDW the week after Thanksgiving. ;)
That's why we like rope drop on party days and then leave around 3:30ish.

That's why we like rope drop on party days and then leave around 3:30ish.
We do that, too. A party day is the best day to rope drop MK because of low crowds. :) We did that in October and I couldn't believe how empty MK was that morning. It was fun. But we have annual passes and can park hop. :)

Today is our last day. So sad!
The beginning of the trip you feel like there's infinite time to see & do it all... then you blink and it's over!

Crowds haven't been horrible. Seems hectic because our last trip was during covid when the parks were empty. My husband was able to get a DAS pass, which has made things great. Like the old fastpass days!
Without DAS I think we would definitely have bought genie+

Cast members have been great for the most part.
I'd say the ones that are supposed to be "in character" are where it's lacking most. Especially on Rise of the Resistance - when we were "prisoners" the cast members were all smiling and being nice. (Funny to think I am bugged by them not being mean hahaha) 🤷🏻‍♀️ but a very minor complaint!

Guardians of the Galaxy is AMAZING. On our first epcot day we got virtual queue, and today we plan to do virtual queue AND buy a lightning lane so we can do it twice! 😉

On Monday we did Very Merry Christmas Party. I'm not sure it was worth the cost. Wait times were low, and we grabbed some cocoa and cookies... but otherwise it didn't seem very special. I will say I think that's mostly on us not planning well. We missed the shows, and didn't do any meet & greets. The parade was fantastic though!

Overall a great trip so far, as all Disney trips are 😍 even a "meh" day here is better than a good day home! Which is why we always come back. It's a guaranteed great vacation!!

PS - big sister was in denial when she saw the onesie at the airport. Kept making this face 😯😯😯 and saying "nooo... that's not true, right?" So the surprise was definitely a success!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter