***Official November 2022 Thread***

Feeling a bit meh about this trip as well.

The weather is absolutely out of everyone’s control but it just sucks when you plan these once in a decade trips and get the worst luck! Certainly feeling like Disney could really care less about making things magical + ontop of it our RC cruise as delayed by a day so we had to scramble to find a room for tonight. All the cast members I spoke to (reservations, front desk) were very unhelpful. As was Royal Caribbean. No one wants to step up or go above and beyond anymore.

Trying to remind myself that we are fortunate enough to even be here. WDW is a luxury and we would be silly to not make the most of it but today is a bluesy kinda day!

Heading to Disney Caribbean for the first time though so that’s fun. And we did get to ride the rides we wanted. The weather just really dampened our Epcot Food and Wine plans, and Hollywood Studios just was hectic trying to get things in before the closure. We did get a great AK and MK day in though. And I thought Genie+ was great.

Apologies for the ramble! Just needed to vent I suppose. This trip just felt stressful from the getgo and like we are really pushing to feel the magic instead of it being easy. It won’t be our last trip ever but going to think about how to manage expectations next time. And find a better time of year to visit! Been in February and it was colder than back home in Canada, and now November with the tropical storms.
I think the weather really put a huge damper on things. That being said we made the most of yesterday which turned into a rest day since all the parks closed. We wound up at Disney springs which was busy as all get out. Today Epcot has been fun, the character meets have been super fun and special but Epcot has also been so busy today more than I’m used to for sure.

Cast members today seem to be in better spirits or at least I’ve been in better spirits and they seem to be matching my energy. Perhaps the hurricane had them stressed.

Hoping for news on the Guardians Cosmic Rewind holiday layover! I think there was speculation that it would happen today. I wouldn’t be devastated if it didn’t happen during my trip, but I was hoping to be here during the switch!!

Either way, I was pleasantly shocked that it lived up to the crazy amount of hype that I’d read!! What a great ride.
I just rode it and it didn’t seem to have any Christmas themes to it

Anyone else's trip next week? We're driving over Sunday and we are sooooo excited! :banana::banana:
We fly in about 10 hours! 🥳
Drop our bags at AKL then zip over to Hollywood Studios for Minnie's Holiday dinner

We still haven't spoiled the surprise for my 6½ year old! Baby brother will be wearing this onesie I made. We will unzip his sweater at the airport and see how long it takes her to notice 🤭20221110_212332.jpg

Our WDW portion of this trip is over, and We are at universal now.

We had 2 very wet days at WDW, Thursday was the better of the two even with the late start, didn’t get everything in Epcot in that we wanted, but enough! The party was a ton of fun, and by Thursday night we were mostly dry!

Happy the storm had finally pushed through, I hope everyone has amazing trips!

It appears that people have moved plans since the hurricane. Today all parks but animal kingdom are sold out. We’re managing the crowds but now we have 3 down with colds. We’re at Hollywood studios today and hoping to change droid parts around since the r legs don’t really fit the c bodies very well. I’ll build an r droid and my daughter will build another droid. We also have savis, mama melrosa and oga reservations. Today was supposed to be an easy day but I guess not so much. Hopefully it’ll be good still

We’re attempting animal kingdom today. It appears the park isn’t sold out so hopefully it won’t be to crowded. Hollywood studios was super packed but we had reservations for a lot and we made the most of it. Lightning lanes were even packed. We had lunch at man melrosa and my parents surprised us with a cake for our anniversary. We ran over to batuu and rode smugglers run and built some more droids and they changed our r legs to c legs without a fuss (thankfully!) I don’t like the c legs as much they seem a little clunky but a lot better than the bottom falling off my c droid. We tried hoping on rise but it kept breaking down (a lot of rides kept breaking down). We built a lightsaber at savis and truly that was a great experience and I love my saber! I was hesistant sue to the price but I think it’s so pretty (I chose elemental nature). Honestly if you can do savis I highly suggest it! Also DO OGAS! That was so much fun! We finished out the day riding rock n roller coaster for our first time ever and then tower of terror. We also got to see it snow and it smelled like peppermints!

Honestly I feel the highlight of our trip is savis and ogas. Those were so amazing and fun. This is a pic of my elemental nature saber. Seriously love how it looks!

Attachments

• 907379B9-9F9B-41DA-9A29-1510541B3EF1.jpeg
    907379B9-9F9B-41DA-9A29-1510541B3EF1.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
BTW DFB said today several days next week MK is SOLD OUT. Scary, we thought this was supposed to be a “lull” week though it sounds like those don’t happen anymore.

BTW DFB said today several days next week MK is SOLD OUT. Scary, we thought this was supposed to be a “lull” week though it sounds like those don’t happen anymore.
Last week of Epcot food and wine plus cooler November temps draws people. Only quiet time any more is late August through September.

I saw a statement about partially used multi day tickets affected by Nicole getting an extension through 9/23, but was there anything stated about one day tickets? We went on Wednesday when the parks closed early and missed out on a handful of things. Just was curious. Thanks!

I saw a statement about partially used multi day tickets affected by Nicole getting an extension through 9/23, but was there anything stated about one day tickets? We went on Wednesday when the parks closed early and missed out on a handful of things. Just was curious. Thanks!
I doubt it. The parks were open until between 5pm-7pm. Not all that different from an MK party night when the parks close at 6pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter