**Official NOVEMBER 2021 Check in thread

Anyone else freaking out over the airline situation?

Had a friend traveling for business with Southwest affected by the walk-out. Been stranded in PHX for 2 days. Assuming it'll return to normal this week or so. We're flying good 'ol Delta down, so we're not too worried.

Anyone else freaking out over the airline situation?
I am... BUT i'm trying to remember that the reason i fly SW is b/c I have ALWAYS had flight delays/issues with previous airlines I've used. Plus I enjoy free checked bags, especially when I'm about to be at Disney for a week. With that being said, I'm trying to remain positive about my Thanksgiving trip and hope that everything settles down.

Unfortunate news lately for normally reliable SW, but I am not panicking yet. Worst case scenario we will drive from Texas to Orlando if we must and then use the flight credits towards another trip we are already planning in 2022.

Trying to remain optimistic and flexible here.

Unfortunate news lately for normally reliable SW, but I am not panicking yet. Worst case scenario we will drive from Texas to Orlando if we must and then use the flight credits towards another trip we are already planning in 2022.

Trying to remain optimistic and flexible here.
We are driving from Texas to Orlando on this trip - kind of glad seeing the issues and the prices to fly! It's a bit nuts.

We are staying optimistic about the flight situation, but are prepared to drive from Texas if SW ends up cancelling our flight. There are approximately 18 SW flights flying out to Orlando from Love on our day, so I'm hoping they could get us on one of those if ours has issues.

TEXAS to Orlando and I'm keeping an open mind about our flights. I'm most concerned about our return flight home.

I was looking for a list of the affected flights (just to get an idea) but haven't found anything yet.

The Disney Gods are on my side!! Yesterday i switched my reservation to save $500 (same room, same hotel, same dates - just better deal) and this morning after sleeping in until the last possible moment (thanks work from home!) I got an alert JUST as I picked up my cell phone. I scored a Whisper Canyon Thanksgiving Dinner for our arrival day!!!

Now to just keep up my offerings and sing-a-longs to ensure my flights from Texas to MCO on SWA are all okay. LOL!!!

youre-welcome-maui.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter