*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We will be in Disney on Saturday, but will be leaving for Florida on Wednesday for some beach time! I have been at work for 2 and a half hours and accomplished nothing. Can it be time for all our trips now?!

Same. I leave Friday evening and arrive at Disney on Saturday. This is going to be the longest week ever. I haven't accomplished much myself at work today!

We will be in Disney on Saturday, but will be leaving for Florida on Wednesday for some beach time! I have been at work for 2 and a half hours and accomplished nothing. Can it be time for all our trips now?!

Same. I leave Friday evening and arrive at Disney on Saturday. This is going to be the longest week ever. I haven't accomplished much myself at work today!

It's dragging, isn't it?!?! But, at the same time, I'm WAAAYYYY behind where I had hoped to be in terms of travel prep, packing, etc (*real* life has been getting in the way too much). We also leave Friday for Saturday arrival at WDW.

Everything is ready to go!! I just checked the weather again and it is looking much better. Only rain one day when we are there instead of the rain they had predicted for 4-5 of the days. Now, fingers crossed that we take off on time tomorrow because Philly is supposed to get thunderstorms all afternoon and our flight is at 2.

We check in on November 24th and the message about our Magic Bands still says "Act quickly! Your order may ship at any moment!" It has been like that since October 25th. I figured I would call Wednesday if I do not see them today or tomorrow since it is 2 weeks prior to when we need to receive them (Thanksgiving and driving down on Black Friday starting at 6am). Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat or have seen this before or if I should call sooner.

19 days until we check in!!! :goofy:

We check in on the 23rd, and got our’s last week, too. Good luck!

We check in on November 24th and the message about our Magic Bands still says "Act quickly! Your order may ship at any moment!" It has been like that since October 25th. I figured I would call Wednesday if I do not see them today or tomorrow since it is 2 weeks prior to when we need to receive them (Thanksgiving and driving down on Black Friday starting at 6am). Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat or have seen this before or if I should call sooner.

19 days until we check in!!! :goofy:

Arrive on the 24th also and we recieved our bands last tuesday i think.

Also arrive on the 24th. Ours arrived last Thursday, my sister’s arrived on Tuesday. I would call.

For all of us going the during Thanksgiving week I have to say I still can't believe they don't have 8am openings at MK all week!! I'm so disappointed in this because they have done it the last couple years so I was expecting/hoping for it while planning.

That's all just needed to vent that to someone who might understand! LOL (the family doesn't get it!)

For all of us going the during Thanksgiving week I have to say I still can't believe they don't have 8am openings at MK all week!! I'm so disappointed in this because they have done it the last couple years so I was expecting/hoping for it while planning.

That's all just needed to vent that to someone who might understand! LOL (the family doesn't get it!)

I'm totally with you! This morning I had an update from Touring Plans and I got all excited that it was finally the hours being extended, but, no, just a crowd calendar update.

Thank you about the advice on my Magic Bands. Just called and turned out one was not fully customized, we are getting all gray since I am adding Magic Band Skins to them and even with gray you have to click to say you want that. I got 5 but missed one. They are customizing and sending now! Hooray! Leave in 17 days, check in is 18 days away!!! :)

Have fun everyone leaving soon! We don't check in until the 26th but since we drive from Canada we leave on the 24th. Yes 3 kids for 2 days in the car, LOL.:scared: Actually we have driven many, many times before so it's really not that bad.:) Flying would have cost us over $1600.00 and we just save so much money driving.:drive: We tell our kids it's a mini Geography lesson.:teeth:

Have fun everyone leaving soon! We don't check in until the 26th but since we drive from Canada we leave on the 24th. Yes 3 kids for 2 days in the car, LOL.:scared: Actually we have driven many, many times before so it's really not that bad.:) Flying would have cost us over $1600.00 and we just save so much money driving.:drive: We tell our kids it's a mini Geography lesson.:teeth:
We drive down from Pennsylvania (only one day so half the crazy ;) ) with my two boys, my parents and husband. We did it before and it wasn't that bad, and last time we picked them up from school and drove over night. This will be all day Friday so much better! Safe travels!

We’re leaving Saturday morning at 7:45. 4 1/2 days of work is how I’m really measuring. I watched a Tim Tracker video last night showing some of the Christmas decor so I showed my soon to be 5yo daughter. She was so into it, it made me even more excited. Every thing he showed prompted a “MOM LOOK AT THAT!!!” And a big smile so now I seriously cannot wait to go. :earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl::earsboy:

Thanks, safe travels to you too!:) We are doing the driving during the day this time too. We have tried overnight but the kids don't sleep well in the car. It also got really foggy and hard to see during the night. We find it much safer driving during the day.

We’re leaving Saturday morning at 7:45. 4 1/2 days of work is how I’m really measuring. I watched a Tim Tracker video last night showing some of the Christmas decor so I showed my soon to be 5yo daughter. She was so into it, it made me even more excited. Every thing he showed prompted a “MOM LOOK AT THAT!!!” And a big smile so now I seriously cannot wait to go. :earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl::earsboy:
My oldest DS and I Love watching Tim Tracker videos! It really does get us even more excited to go.:yay:

I'm totally with you! This morning I had an update from Touring Plans and I got all excited that it was finally the hours being extended, but, no, just a crowd calendar update.
I got a couple emails with Touring Plan crowd changes, too. This is our first trip, but I think their crowd predictions are CRAZY low. We're going 11/27-12/5 and most of my trip has my chosen parks at a 1 or 2 level, with just 2 days being a 3. Do you think their low crowd predictions are accurate? I don't want to get my hopes up!

We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow and unlike in past (where the waiting has been unbearable!), the closeness of this trip just hit me TODAY! I know i'm prepared, its not my first rodeo, but Thanksgiving week will be by far my busiest time visited and its a little nerve wracking! Keeping my expectations low, enjoying my first time in the parks with the Holiday decorations up and just doing what we can attractions-wise. Wont be our last time at the parks, so no need to fit everything in!

Right there with you. We were so looking forward to 8 a.m. openings and Midnight closures. Don't have either right now. So disappointing if it stays that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter