*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

So exciting! Here is my debate. We can find 3 of the 5 magic bands from the last trip to PORFQ. This time we are staying at the Dolphin. We liked the convenience of the tickets as bands but not staying on property you can’t use them to charge (which is fine since I have a Disney rewards cc I can get discounts with). Should I replace the 2 or just bring lanyards for the tickets? Lanyards were fine at US/IoA this past spring, kids are older - 17, 11, 9.

Speaking of Magic Bands we have till 10/24 to customize. Already done all that, the wife is thinking of ordering covers or whatever from etsy for hers. What version of Magicbands might they be? They will be just the plain colored ones. Thanks! 45 to go!

Speaking of Magic Bands we have till 10/24 to customize. Already done all that, the wife is thinking of ordering covers or whatever from etsy for hers. What version of Magicbands might they be? They will be just the plain colored ones. Thanks! 45 to go!

They will magicbands 2.0 and will come in whatever color you pick. If you don’t pick a color I believe the default is grey. Which isn’t a big deal if you are getting covers but it is kinda fun to have everyone pick out their color.

I just did my son's educational trip absence request. I am laughing at the reasons this trip is "educational", but the school is supportive of trips, even to Disney.
Thank you for the reminder! I’ve got to do that. All mine will miss is movies anyway.

OMG!!! I just snagged a FoP for 5!!! I did not think that was going to ever happen. I refresh so robotically I almost missed it! EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING!!! :jumping1:

This is a stupid question but how do you check frequently? It seems like such a process of, click who wants to adjust plans, search etc etc etc. it’s discouraged me from checking regularly which I know is the only way to find something !

This is a stupid question but how do you check frequently? It seems like such a process of, click who wants to adjust plans, search etc etc etc. it’s discouraged me from checking regularly which I know is the only way to find something !
Well yes, you have to go through that process initially but then once I'm on the screen where it shows me what's available, I just alternate between clicking Morning, Afternoon, and Evening for a set number of minutes (anywhere from 1-5, depending on what I have time for). That refreshes the availability without having to start all over and specify party info.

If you click through on MDE to where you actually order the magic bands, it will have the correct date. I arrive on Nov. 6 and I think we had to have them ordered by this past Saturday. Right now, it is saying the order is pending. I can't wait until they ship.

Thank you. So weird, when I just went to check like you said, now it says I need to customize by Oct 13th. I guess maybe it was a glitch yesterday!

I keep reading at least an hour before RD. On the day we are RDing AK we didn't get FOP FP but I did get it for another day. We plan on RDing the rest of AK with low waits. On the day we do have FOP FP we also plan on hitting FOP right at park close. I hear this is a much calmer way to do FOP.

Since we're running park close isn't much of an option for us, but hoping we can swing park open and hit it up then.

We left POR with the first bus, 1 hour before park opening and we’re fine. Just make sure everyone in your group is on the same page that you are all going directly there quickly. We had one whose daughter stopped to get stickers, chat with cast members etc. we finally ended up leaving them and heading over by ourselves. The line was so long at that point we were no longer in Pandora! But, they hadn’t opened the que yet so once that happened it moved fairly quickly.

Good points! We'll aim for the first bus from the Grand. I'll check with concierge when that will be the night before. And we'll just book it there!

OMG!!! I just snagged a FoP for 5!!! I did not think that was going to ever happen. I refresh so robotically I almost missed it! EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING!!! :jumping1:

So jealous! I haven't had any luck checking and I check multiple times a day! Hopefully I'll be as lucky as you someday!

I got one yesterday for 2 and almost scrolled right past it! I'm so used to it not being available! I'm jelly of a FP for 5!! I still need it for the rest of our party.

Congrats to you both on getting them! I was able to snag for 2 when our FP date opened but I have been looking for 2 more for a different date ever since (4 weeks now :crazy2:). Every once in a while some will pop up for times that don't work for us and I feel like FOP is taunting me at that point. I'm not giving up (primarily because now I'm on the hunt and I want it to say I could do it) and I'm hoping that if they extend hours we will be able to snag them!

Re: FOP FastPasses....when you are snagging them are you "updating" a current FP that you have or just searching for a new one? We have 3 FastPasses on our DAK day (and it's early in our trip so I knew finding one would be difficult), but I check multiple times a day and would love to know how everyone searches, how often, etc. I too feel like it's a great challenge and I'd feel pretty awesome if I snagged one! LOL!

Re: FOP FastPasses....when you are snagging them are you "updating" a current FP that you have or just searching for a new one? We have 3 FastPasses on our DAK day (and it's early in our trip so I knew finding one would be difficult), but I check multiple times a day and would love to know how everyone searches, how often, etc. I too feel like it's a great challenge and I'd feel pretty awesome if I snagged one! LOL!

I'm modifying one that I already have scheduled. When I first started looking I was consistently updating every 5 minutes or so. Since I'm doing it at work it kinda falls to whenever I am able to now. I keep it up in the background all day so even though there may be 15 minutes between one update and 5 between another, I do it all day long.

I just did my son's educational trip absence request. I am laughing at the reasons this trip is "educational", but the school is supportive of trips, even to Disney.
Thank you for posting! I just emailed both of the girl's teachers about our trip.

By writing it’s an ‘educational’ trip, do they excuse his absence?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter