*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

I'm glad your dh came around and gave his opinion. Touring Plans plus insomnia came through last night and I was able to get a 1900 for the perfect time. I really didn't expect it to come through so fast.

I haven't seen anything like that on the boards but I'm in a fb group for November and sometimes people coordinate fp dropping. Maybe check out fb?

What day is your AK day? Maybe if it's not a low crowd day you could just do safari standby after FOP.
Thursday, 11/10. I will play around with times up until the trip, but stand by is not a bad runner up. Whoever said it is right - standing and waiting will probably take just as long as the walk back and forth.

We're getting closer to November!!! Who is thinking about new shirts and other purchases for their trip?
We're doing the Christmas Party on 11/9 - do you think it will still be warm enough for a tank top in the evening in early November or should I plan for slightly cooler? We've never been this late in the year before!

I bought new Disney shirts last year for this trip :rotfl:

As for weather, I had a trip a few years ago that was Nov 6th-11th. The weather was hot with highs in the upper 80s/lower 90s. It stayed warm at night too - I never had to change out of my shorts and t-shirts/tank tops. But as a pp said, you never know. I would be prepared for whatever and hopefully you'll get a better idea looking at the weather report closer to your trip.

We're getting closer to November!!! Who is thinking about new shirts and other purchases for their trip?
We're doing the Christmas Party on 11/9 - do you think it will still be warm enough for a tank top in the evening in early November or should I plan for slightly cooler? We've never been this late in the year before!

I have been going Thanksgiving week and the week after since 2004. The weather can be crazy! Last year was definitely the nicest weather we have had! Each day it was actually pretty hot, swam almost every afternoon, and at night only needed a light jacket, if that. We have also had years where we were in heavy winter coats and gloves because it was that cold! It’s really hard to say what the weather will bring as of right now, but from past experiences, I always pack a little of everything. Shorts, Tee shirts, longsleeve shirts, jeans and even sweatshirts!! Enjoy!!!!!

I have been going Thanksgiving week and the week after since 2004. The weather can be crazy! Last year was definitely the nicest weather we have had! Each day it was actually pretty hot, swam almost every afternoon, and at night only needed a light jacket, if that. We have also had years where we were in heavy winter coats and gloves because it was that cold! It’s really hard to say what the weather will bring as of right now, but from past experiences, I always pack a little of everything. Shorts, Tee shirts, longsleeve shirts, jeans and even sweatshirts!! Enjoy!!!!!
Thanks for the reminder! I am in hot phx so never know what other places weather are like... we have summer and hotter summer here.

We're just doing a brief AKL stay before our Disney Cruise so no park shirts this trip but I am looking at shirts for pirate night right now. DD6 wants to be a mermaid for pirate night so I bought her a costume and I just ordered her a Belle dress for BBB. I'm debating on making shirts for embarkation day. I am working on door magnets (thanks to the Disigners on the boards and a fb group of designers).

We did the Christmas party on 11/10 a couple of years ago and we definitely needed hoodies/jackets once the sun went down. During the day it was in the low 80's and beautiful and the evening was cool.

As for shirts, I got myself a couple of cute ones on clearance a few weeks ago. I need to make my son his birthday shirt for our trip. He has picked a design, I just need to make it.

I agree with everyone else that the weather can go either way! We've done Thanksgiving and early Nov. When we went early Nov. we were warm during the day but a couple nights got chilly so it really depends, if you really want the tank top I'd do it but have a back up plan :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reminder! I am in hot phx so never know what other places weather are like... we have summer and hotter summer here.

I'm in Vegas and it's totally the same. :sunny: From every account, it seems Florida weather in mid-November is quite unpredictable! I'm gonna pack my regular "winter" clothes I use here in the desert: my year-round clothing, plus a hoodie. :thumbsup2

Like other posters have said, the weather varies. To give a reference, I’m from Southern California.
I was in WDW for my first Nov trip last year from nov 6-13. Our AK day the first day was warm and I was in shorts and a t shirt all day. Our HS day was so cold we actually had to go back to the hotel around noon to change because our shorts and light sweatshirts weren’t enough. There were a couple of nights after sunset I was still cold in pants, a sweatshirt, and a light fleece.
It’s good to read every year is different. I will definitely start planning a good variety and keep an eye on weather when it gets closer.
Like another poster said, I would plan a couple of options or at least layers if you are into planning your MVMCP outfits. I was not prepared last year because I didn’t really know what to expect.
I’m deciding if I want to go all out this year for MVMCP!

Fastpass went great today!! I have 9 days of reservations to make and I planned accordingly - hardest to get dining and FP on the later days. Got FOP for day 9, SDD for day 5 (doing the Early Morning Magic day 7 so I didn’t try for any other days), 7DMT on days 6 & 8, and Test Track at 10am on day 2! Some stuff is not exactly when I want it but close. Frozen was easy to nab on day 7, too. As a first timer it was terrifying and nerve-wracking but it was easier than expected. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for all the weather insight!

This is the shirt I'm thinking for the Christmas party (we're doing O'hana for dinner beforehand). I'm leaning towards the t-shirt instead of the tank since we do plan for it to be a late night. I can always wear a sweater over if needed.
Now to just decide if the boys will wear the blue version, LOL!

il_570xN.1411292480_jyvf.jpg

Thanks for all the weather insight!

This is the shirt I'm thinking for the Christmas party (we're doing O'hana for dinner beforehand). I'm leaning towards the t-shirt instead of the tank since we do plan for it to be a late night. I can always wear a sweater over if needed.
Now to just decide if the boys will wear the blue version, LOL!

View attachment 354609

So cute! Love them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter