*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

So looking at the Nov 2017 thread it looks like park hours were updated for November on October 13. Does that sound right? Does anyone know if that is a typical timeline?
I am pretty much expecting MK to shift to an 8 am open during Jersey week but and curious about other changes. Regardless, it looks like it will be well after the 60 day window....

My family and I are planning a quick day and a half stop at Disney before heading to the beach for a few days. Other than being the week of Thanksgiving, is anything else going on at Disney Nov. 17-19? I have reservations for Pop, but am surprised at the lack of options at other resorts even at rack rate. It just made me curious as to whether there were groups there at this time. Thanks!

11/17-24 CBR

Is anyone dining at 'ohana Thanksgiving week? I've been looking since 179 days (yes, I missed it!) and nothing!

We are heading to the World November 8th (still don't know where we are staying yet) and Getting on the Dream for 3 nights the 9th. Staying at the Grand the 12-14 then heading home :(

Welcome to the roll call!

So looking at the Nov 2017 thread it looks like park hours were updated for November on October 13. Does that sound right? Does anyone know if that is a typical timeline?
I am pretty much expecting MK to shift to an 8 am open during Jersey week but and curious about other changes. Regardless, it looks like it will be well after the 60 day window....

That sounds about right. I’m waiting to see if MK gets extended on saturday 11/10. Last year that same Saturday the MK was open until midnight making EMH until 2 am. It’s also set for PM EMH this year so fingers crossed.

As frustrating as it is to not have all of your ADRs set so that you can be ready for FP on Day 60, if you are at least a little flexible on your day off but time, I wouldn't worry too much. People have multiple reservations as backup plans if they need to switch their dates around when they can finally book other things then they drop the extraneous ADRs. I would advise to keep checking, setup on some reservation finders and watch the November ADR cancellation thread - you can't ask or say what you are looking for, just what people are looking to drop, then if you are interested, send a pm to schedule a time for them to drop and you to grab it. Again, try not to worry if you just want to be sure to fit it somewhere and maybe can swap a day or two within your schedule if needed.

As frustrating as it is to not have all of your ADRs set so that you can be ready for FP on Day 60, if you are at least a little flexible on your day off but time, I wouldn't worry too much. People have multiple reservations as backup plans if they need to switch their dates around when they can finally book other things then they drop the extraneous ADRs. I would advise to keep checking, setup on some reservation finders and watch the November ADR cancellation thread - you can't ask or say what you are looking for, just what people are looking to drop, then if you are interested, send a pm to schedule a time for them to drop and you to grab it. Again, try not to worry if you just want to be sure to fit it somewhere and maybe can swap a day or two within your schedule if needed.
I have had success in the past with the cancellation thread I will keep an eye on there also.

Those of you with Thanksgiving week experience, has there ever been a MK phase closure due to high crowds? I know it will be busy some say its not as busy as spring break or Christmas week. We have not booked a hotel so if there's a chance we will book onsite.

Those of you with Thanksgiving week experience, has there ever been a MK phase closure due to high crowds? I know it will be busy some say its not as busy as spring break or Christmas week. We have not booked a hotel so if there's a chance we will book onsite.

Not that I've ever heard of. I worked at MK in 2016 and the crowds were bad, but manageable during Thanksgiving Week. I worked specifically at Peter Pan's Flight and I think the highest our wait went up that whole day was ~100, which isn't horrible for PPF. Come to think of it, I don't even think we had to do crowd control ("stay to the right" signs) on Thanksgiving, either, so it must not have been that bad.

We've done Thanksgivng week multiple times - it's actually not that bad. Friday after seems to be the busiest.

Hi! So excited to be able to post that we will be there from 11/1-11/11! Right now we will be at All star Sports from 11/1 to 11/3, and then at POP from 11/3 to 11/11. Hoping to find availability at POP from 11/1 to 11/3 also so we don't have to transfer. Any suggestions? I check online often and called to check yesterday.

We will be arriving at WL on November 8th until November 17th!! First time at a deluxe, treating my mom as a huge THANK YOU for everything she has done for me and my kiddos (including THREE Disney trips, one for each of my older kids), and celebrating 4 years of her being a cancer survivor!! I'm hoping to enjoy some down time at the resort to ENJOY and RELAX, but some of the days are looking busy... also my first time scheduling around the over abundance of Christmas parties, which has been trickier than I first thought but I think I have things planned out pretty good at this point. Changes to park hours shouldn't affect TOO much on my schedule, we won't be doing any late night EMH as my son will barely make it to 10pm as it is. lol

So I have booked our flight home through Frontier. I had already booked our flight to get there through AA with points, but we were out of points. Joined the discount den and even with the fee for that and picking seats and paying for a carry on suitcase each for 3 people price was only $340. The flight is at 8:35 PM. I am used to getting up and heading to the airport so this is new to me. We have the Supercalifragalistic breakfast booked for 8:30 right now, but I am going to try to get a later time. We will not have park tickets that day. Should I be nervous about this flight? It's a Saturday and so I guess if it gets cancelled worst thing is we would still get home on Sunday before school on Monday.

We fly frontier all the time. I have never had any problem with them . We love the cheap flights . It's not fancy, but it gets you from point A to B.

We are flying them down, but flying Southwest home. Frontier's times and prices don't work for us coming home .

@Newsies
We booked a stay at Pop for 11/21 - 11/26! Yes, it is Thanksgiving weekend, but still SO EXCITED!

Now, have to decide between the following options:
1. Thanksgiving dinner at Via Napoli with Candlelight Processional package at 8:15 pm - the narrator is Chita Rivera
2. Saturday, 11/24 dinner at Via Napoli with CP package at 8:15 pm - narrator TBD
3. Saturday, 11/24 breakfast at Garden Grill with CP package at 8:15 pm - narrator TBD

Opinions welcome!

So looking forward to this trip! I am getting to go to London for the first time in October, but I am more excited about going back to WDW...is that weird?

Hi! So excited to be able to post that we will be there from 11/1-11/11! Right now we will be at All star Sports from 11/1 to 11/3, and then at POP from 11/3 to 11/11. Hoping to find availability at POP from 11/1 to 11/3 also so we don't have to transfer. Any suggestions? I check online often and called to check yesterday.

We will be arriving at WL on November 8th until November 17th!! First time at a deluxe, treating my mom as a huge THANK YOU for everything she has done for me and my kiddos (including THREE Disney trips, one for each of my older kids), and celebrating 4 years of her being a cancer survivor!! I'm hoping to enjoy some down time at the resort to ENJOY and RELAX, but some of the days are looking busy... also my first time scheduling around the over abundance of Christmas parties, which has been trickier than I first thought but I think I have things planned out pretty good at this point. Changes to park hours shouldn't affect TOO much on my schedule, we won't be doing any late night EMH as my son will barely make it to 10pm as it is. lol

@Newsies
We booked a stay at Pop for 11/21 - 11/26! Yes, it is Thanksgiving weekend, but still SO EXCITED!

Now, have to decide between the following options:
1. Thanksgiving dinner at Via Napoli with Candlelight Processional package at 8:15 pm - the narrator is Chita Rivera
2. Saturday, 11/24 dinner at Via Napoli with CP package at 8:15 pm - narrator TBD
3. Saturday, 11/24 breakfast at Garden Grill with CP package at 8:15 pm - narrator TBD

Opinions welcome!

So looking forward to this trip! I am getting to go to London for the first time in October, but I am more excited about going back to WDW...is that weird?

Welcome everyone to the roll call!!

CONGRATS to all of our November travelers who are starting to do the double digit dance!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We fly frontier all the time. I have never had any problem with them . We love the cheap flights . It's not fancy, but it gets you from point A to B.

We are flying them down, but flying Southwest home. Frontier's times and prices don't work for us coming home .

What is your experience with flight changes? I'm thinking about just adding an extra day of tickets since it will only be about $65 per person, but I have heard that they sometimes change the flight times when it gets closer and I'd hate to buy the extra day then not be able to use it.

It's been awhile since I've checked in here, life has been crazy. But we're down to double digits so I thought I'd check in!! 98 days to go.

Our original reservation is for 11/3 - 11/11 at Boulder Ridge Villas. We added one night to our stay on 11/2 at Bay Lake Towers so I can run the Food & Wine 10K on Saturday morning and my son can run the mile kids run!

I got all of the ADRs that I wanted - some old favorites (California Grill brunch! Ohana, Homecoming) but so many new to us restaurants for this trip too (Jiko, Boma, Narcoossee, Brown Derby, Rose & Crown, and Monsieur Paul). Also booked our first ever Food and Wine event (French breakfast at Chefs de France). I'm super excited for our meals that week.

Flights are booked - DH and I were actually on the phone planning our flights while I was riding the monorail back to my car (I was in Orlando for a work trip, had to pop in to disney a few times that week!).

Some other special things planned for the trip are a massage for me at the Grand Floridian (the day after my 10k!), and a family photo shoot at the Wilderness Lodge.

I also just bought our Christmas Party tickets this morning. We're going on 11/9. We've done the Halloween party a few times, but this is our first time for the Christmas party.

Now all that's left is the wait for fastpass day and to decide when to spring the news on our son. Our last trip was on his 8th birthday so we suprised him the week before at his birthday party. I think we'll give him more time to countdown this year - maybe we'll tell him right before fast pass day so he can help pick those.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer and their countdown to November!

Also, this happened while I was there for the conference. Made the most sense to get an annual pass for me since we were all going back in November. So much fun!

It's been awhile since I've checked in here, life has been crazy. But we're down to double digits so I thought I'd check in!! 98 days to go.

Our original reservation is for 11/3 - 11/11 at Boulder Ridge Villas. We added one night to our stay on 11/2 at Bay Lake Towers so I can run the Food & Wine 10K on Saturday morning and my son can run the mile kids run!

I got all of the ADRs that I wanted - some old favorites (California Grill brunch! Ohana, Homecoming) but so many new to us restaurants for this trip too (Jiko, Boma, Narcoossee, Brown Derby, Rose & Crown, and Monsieur Paul). Also booked our first ever Food and Wine event (French breakfast at Chefs de France). I'm super excited for our meals that week.

Flights are booked - DH and I were actually on the phone planning our flights while I was riding the monorail back to my car (I was in Orlando for a work trip, had to pop in to disney a few times that week!).

Some other special things planned for the trip are a massage for me at the Grand Floridian (the day after my 10k!), and a family photo shoot at the Wilderness Lodge.

I also just bought our Christmas Party tickets this morning. We're going on 11/9. We've done the Halloween party a few times, but this is our first time for the Christmas party.

Now all that's left is the wait for fastpass day and to decide when to spring the news on our son. Our last trip was on his 8th birthday so we suprised him the week before at his birthday party. I think we'll give him more time to countdown this year - maybe we'll tell him right before fast pass day so he can help pick those.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer and their countdown to November!

Your trip sounds amazing!

Did you book the photo shoot through Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter