*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

My son (6) and I will be going for the first time Nov 10-15 at the poly! I'm trying to figure out dining...christmas parties...emm...park hoppers...fast passes...basically everything!

Kenny the Pirate has them out.
I think his nov calendar is based on last year’s hours and when the mvmcp parties are...I have been waiting anxiously for the park hours to update so I can follow kenny’s recommendations.

I was wondering if that travel agent calendar is out yet...
although I know that hours almost certainly change/expand after that.
(I am especially interested when Epcot may close at 10 instead of 9).

@kennythepirate can you please clarify?

Btw I am one of your subscribers and a huge fan :flower1:
With your help we met Moana last year- a huge highlight for my 6yo (and me!! I love her!)

I think his nov calendar is based on last year’s hours and when the mvmcp parties are...I have been waiting anxiously for the park hours to update so I can follow kenny’s recommendations.

although I know that hours almost certainly change/expand after that.
(I am especially interested when Epcot may close at 10 instead of 9).

@kennythepirate can you please clarify?

Btw I am one of your subscribers and a huge fan :flower1:
With your help we met Moana last year- a huge highlight for my 6yo (and me!! I love her!)

The TA calendar is not out yet :(

I have my room booked and I'm going as a solo. Right now I'm booked for 9 days/8 nights from November 10th (Saturday) - 18th (Sunday) at All-Star Music.

I'm planning on going to either one party or two (I haven't decided) and I'm doing Deluxe Dining again. I plan to open and close the park everyday that I possibly can. I'm also planning to see Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue on my first night.

I'm trying to decide if I want an early morning flight to Orlando or an afternoon flight. I am planning on getting the last flight out of Orlando on Sunday and I have to go back to work on Monday. Thankfully it's a short work week due to Thanksgiving.

Hi all. Nov. 22-Dec. 2 at AoA Cars Suite. Got Free Dining for about half the trip...so far. Family of 5. My parents are coming, too, staying at POP. Surprising the kids this trip. We last went in June 2015. They are soooo itching to go, but with some issues with all new appliance replacement, car accident, broken arm, and need to replace car, we just can't go for a couple of years. They do know that we are going to spend Thanksgiving with their Nana and Grandpa, which is exciting for them, living about 4 hours away from us in the Northeast. What they don't know is that it will be at Disney! We're trying to see if we can get all the way to the airport on Thanksgiving Day before they figure it out!! Tickets in hand for MVMCP on Nov. 25. ADR day is in about 3 weeks. Goal is Mickey's Backyard BBQ for Thanksgiving dinner after checking in to the resort. The one thing that I hope we get is the Star Wars fireworks and dessert party at Hollywood Studios. Past history has it blacked out for six weeks during our stay dates the last two years. JBJB is fine, but we got some big Star Wars fans here! My folks will love the Candlelight Processional and are doing Yuletide Fantasy tour as well as a resort hopping decor day. 7-day park tickets with hoppers. So we got this all planned out with contingencies in case we need to switch things within our stay. Any suggestions that are often overlooked but people enjoy also would be greatly appreciated!

We will be at Fort Wilderness Saturday, November 24- Tuesday, November 27th. It’s an annual trip for us since our son was little.....a pre-birthday trip to kick off the Christmas season before things get super crazy. We always go to MVMCP and then kind of be spontaneous.....which is so unlike us! We think we are going to Epcot this year, but what we are really looking forward to is the Earl of Sandwich holiday sandwiches and Gherridelli for dessert. We started bringing our dogs last year since we have introduced a camper to our family. Weirdly enough......in the middle of crazy amount of people and things to do.....we relax on this trip so much. We all look forward to it.

Anyone heard a date for the cast member Christmas party this year? It was the week after thanksgiving last year and MK closed at 4:00 for it. We are going back this year that same week and wondering if it will occur that same time again this year. Trying to decide which parks on which days before ADR day.
Kenny the Pirate thinks it is going to be on Nov 5. And it definitely won't be on the Thursday after Thanksgiving since that night is a MVMCP night. All that being said, we were there that time last year and that was the BEST day ever at MK. The park was as empty as you could ever ask for.

Kenny the Pirate thinks it is going to be on Nov 5. And it definitely won't be on the Thursday after Thanksgiving since that night is a MVMCP night. All that being said, we were there that time last year and that was the BEST day ever at MK. The park was as empty as you could ever ask for.
I got an estimated calendar from somewhere that had MK closing at 4:30 on the Thursday after Thanksgiving, and I thought that was really odd. Well, that explains this. (Note: I got that calendar last summer). Anyway, we just scheduled to start there and then hop elsewhere around midday. No biggie.

YES! It was the best touring day! We got to do so much. It was awesome. Highly recommend to anyone there on that day to do MK.

I just booked an additional day for 11/2 so we can fly in the night before. I wanted to book a night at POP but nothing was left so went with Riverside. Now if I can just figure out the flight situation...

My son (6) and I will be going for the first time Nov 10-15 at the poly! I'm trying to figure out dining...christmas parties...emm...park hoppers...fast passes...basically everything!

I have my room booked and I'm going as a solo. Right now I'm booked for 9 days/8 nights from November 10th (Saturday) - 18th (Sunday) at All-Star Music.

I'm planning on going to either one party or two (I haven't decided) and I'm doing Deluxe Dining again. I plan to open and close the park everyday that I possibly can. I'm also planning to see Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue on my first night.

I'm trying to decide if I want an early morning flight to Orlando or an afternoon flight. I am planning on getting the last flight out of Orlando on Sunday and I have to go back to work on Monday. Thankfully it's a short work week due to Thanksgiving.

Hi all. Nov. 22-Dec. 2 at AoA Cars Suite. Got Free Dining for about half the trip...so far. Family of 5. My parents are coming, too, staying at POP. Surprising the kids this trip. We last went in June 2015. They are soooo itching to go, but with some issues with all new appliance replacement, car accident, broken arm, and need to replace car, we just can't go for a couple of years. They do know that we are going to spend Thanksgiving with their Nana and Grandpa, which is exciting for them, living about 4 hours away from us in the Northeast. What they don't know is that it will be at Disney! We're trying to see if we can get all the way to the airport on Thanksgiving Day before they figure it out!! Tickets in hand for MVMCP on Nov. 25. ADR day is in about 3 weeks. Goal is Mickey's Backyard BBQ for Thanksgiving dinner after checking in to the resort. The one thing that I hope we get is the Star Wars fireworks and dessert party at Hollywood Studios. Past history has it blacked out for six weeks during our stay dates the last two years. JBJB is fine, but we got some big Star Wars fans here! My folks will love the Candlelight Processional and are doing Yuletide Fantasy tour as well as a resort hopping decor day. 7-day park tickets with hoppers. So we got this all planned out with contingencies in case we need to switch things within our stay. Any suggestions that are often overlooked but people enjoy also would be greatly appreciated!

We'll be there Nov. 17-24th staying at Coronado Springs-our 11th Thanksgiving at Disney World! Can't wait!!:yay:

Welcome all!!!

My DH and I are staying at the Poly Nov 25th to Dec 5th. This is our first solo trip. We were at Disney last year the first week of December and decided to do a week earlier this year. Hoping it will be a little less crowded. :jumping1:

Anyone heard a date for the cast member Christmas party this year? It was the week after thanksgiving last year and MK closed at 4:00 for it. We are going back this year that same week and wondering if it will occur that same time again this year. Trying to decide which parks on which days before ADR day.

I have heard 11/5 for the cast party at MK. Which was totally going to be my MK day. Boo hoo! So I'm rearranging plans as I make ADR's in two days. Iam kind of annoyed that the calendar isn't out. It's the first trip that I can remember it not being out prior to ADR's.

It only goes to 10/30 as of this morning. Thanks for adding a day overnight Disney! :rotfl:

My DH and I are staying at the Poly Nov 25th to Dec 5th. This is our first solo trip. We were at Disney last year the first week of December and decided to do a week earlier this year. Hoping it will be a little less crowded. :jumping1:

Welcome to the roll call!!

Hi! I will be going with my family this November, from the 10th - 17th, staying at BCV. I'm living overseas now so I'm really looking forward to this family trip. :goodvibes

@Newsies - Your username makes me so happy!! That was my favorite musical when I was in high school. I went sooooo many times.

I have heard 11/5 for the cast party at MK. Which was totally going to be my MK day. Boo hoo! So I'm rearranging plans as I make ADR's in two days. Iam kind of annoyed that the calendar isn't out. It's the first trip that I can remember it not being out prior to ADR's.

It only goes to 10/30 as of this morning. Thanks for adding a day overnight Disney! :rotfl:

You can see hours further out on the Disney World website by clicking: My Disney Experience > My Itinerary > Add Plans > Add Parks & Places and then you can change the date to see different days. It is currently showing hours through November 10th.

YES! It was the best touring day! We got to do so much. It was awesome. Highly recommend to anyone there on that day to do MK.

I just booked an additional day for 11/2 so we can fly in the night before. I wanted to book a night at POP but nothing was left so went with Riverside. Now if I can just figure out the flight situation...

Yes we actually hoped it would be on the 29th. Had heard such low crowds we were definitely going to take advantage. Touring Plans originally had a 4:30 tentative close but then the party dates were released and they updated to 6pm. 4 party night during our week (and we’re not doing the party at almost $400). Hoping to catch some lower crowds on those days. And nighttime stuff with emh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter