*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

I booked our return flights for Saturday November 10th this morning. Had to get creative and fly out of Tampa instead of MCO but we get to stay a full week Monday through Saturday at WDW and fly directly into Philly at great times on a legacy airline for $163 pp. Fares are stupid high for Jersey week/Veterans day weekend so I am happy with what I got.

It is new to us too. We stayed at FQ years ago and really liked it so hoping we have the same wonderful experience at Riverside. We are adults but are doing a RR with a RV. How about you?

We are first timers to both POR and FQ. My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th and our DD17 is coming along with her friend. We booked a standard room. We generally aren’t the type to spend time at the resort but I’m hoping to squeeze in time this trip!

I have reworked our trip and changed our onsite stay to Port Orleans French Quarter 11/27-12/3 (that's the girls trip with DD1 and cousins). But first I will horn in on DD2's and granddaughter's off site trip from 11/22 to 11/26. I've stayed at Riverside but never at French Quarter, and I'm pretty excited about it. As the planner of both trips I should get to go on both, right?

We are first timers to both POR and FQ. My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th and our DD17 is coming along with her friend. We booked a standard room. We generally aren’t the type to spend time at the resort but I’m hoping to squeeze in time this trip!

Did you make a request for either Alligator Bayou or the Mansions or will you be surprised? We usually do not spend time at a resort we are on the go all day.

Did you make a request for either Alligator Bayou or the Mansions or will you be surprised? We usually do not spend time at a resort we are on the go all day.

I’m undecided on requesting. I’ve always requested in the past, but I just may make this trip a surprise! Both areas are appealing to me.

Anyone heard a date for the cast member Christmas party this year? It was the week after thanksgiving last year and MK closed at 4:00 for it. We are going back this year that same week and wondering if it will occur that same time again this year. Trying to decide which parks on which days before ADR day.

Hello everyone! Traveling from Pennsylvania 11/22-12/1. We were originally staying 11/24-12/1 but I convinced my husband that Thanksgiving dinner at Disney would be an awesome experience for us and our 4 year old. We are hoping to do Mickey’s Backyard BBQ that day! We are staying at ASMu. We were able to score free dining 11/24-12/1 and upgraded to the DxDP (we like to eat). I look forward to following everyone else’s planning!!

@Newsies

Taking advantage of Free Dining and booked a trip for 11/24-11/28 (possibly adding a day) staying at All Star Music with NO Kids!! We can't wait. Any others going without kids? How are you planning your days?

@Newsies

Nov 5-10th..pofq.

Same here! Nov 25-dec 1 at contemporary but it’s not in free DDP! Ugh, sad face right? Fingers crossed you and I get a good room discount.

Also, does anyone know if they just don’t show Star Wars projection show at all when they do jingle bell blam?

Joining in....booked 11/22-11/28 at Pop

Joining in
Just finalized our plans! POR 11/17-11/25
Never stayed here so we are super excited to try it out:earsboy:

I have reworked our trip and changed our onsite stay to Port Orleans French Quarter 11/27-12/3 (that's the girls trip with DD1 and cousins). But first I will horn in on DD2's and granddaughter's off site trip from 11/22 to 11/26. I've stayed at Riverside but never at French Quarter, and I'm pretty excited about it. As the planner of both trips I should get to go on both, right?

Just changed from Carribean Resort Preffered room to a Little NEmo Suite at AOA Nov. 24- Dec. 1 with Free Dining. My 2 grandkids are going to love it!

Thanks! We just switched from AoA to 2 rooms at All Star Sports! Couldn’t pass up the deal! Woo hoo!

Hello everyone! Traveling from Pennsylvania 11/22-12/1. We were originally staying 11/24-12/1 but I convinced my husband that Thanksgiving dinner at Disney would be an awesome experience for us and our 4 year old. We are hoping to do Mickey’s Backyard BBQ that day! We are staying at ASMu. We were able to score free dining 11/24-12/1 and upgraded to the DxDP (we like to eat). I look forward to following everyone else’s planning!!

@Newsies

WOW! So many newcomers! So many changes!! Everyone has been updated or added to the roll call!!!

I drove one other time, about 11 years ago. When I was young and kid free! :rotfl2: I am really dreading this drive, especially with 2 kids! Lol! Also, it is a holiday weekend so I’m worried about traffic. Is this your first time driving? Where in NJ are you driving from? We are in Camden County, about 30 mins from DE Memorial Bridge.

We're in Union County, so about 1.5/2 hours from the DE Memorial Bridge if there's no traffic. We drive down every year, it's actually something my dad really looks forward to. :scared1: Traffic usually isn't horrible on the drive down! I admire your bravery for taking the drive with 2 kids. They'll love the fun billboards on the I-95 and the excitement/relief of arriving under the Disney arch!!!

I booked our return flights for Saturday November 10th this morning. Had to get creative and fly out of Tampa instead of MCO but we get to stay a full week Monday through Saturday at WDW and fly directly into Philly at great times on a legacy airline for $163 pp. Fares are stupid high for Jersey week/Veterans day weekend so I am happy with what I got.
Why airline did you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter