*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We’ve never gone at this time of year before and this is the first time the kids are going (DS8 and DD5). One thing we’ve been thinking about is dressing for the weather, something that has come up on here. Assuming that the days are warm and the evenings are cold, what do you guys do with your cold weather clothes during the day? For the most part, we’re not planning on going back to the resort to change. So if we’re in the parks from open till close, do we just carry them in backpacks all day? Use the lockers? I’m worried about trekking all the way back to the front of the park to get stuff out of the lockers but it could be done. Is it more irritating to walk back to a locker or carry stuff around like a pack mule all day?

As an added wrinkle, we’re bringing a couple of princess dresses for my daughter to wear (at her BBB appointment and at Akershus). I’m assuming she won’t be comfortable in them all day – they go over her regular clothes, so taking them on and off shouldn’t be a problem. But these things are bulky! Does the locker make more sense on these days in particular? Anyone have any opinions on this stuff, LOL?

I'm expecting to need a light hoodie in the morning and evenings, so we're wearing them to rope drop. We're from the northeast, so I'm not super worried about feeling too cold. My husband and I will each have backpacks (sling bags) so when we get hot we'll put them in there. We don't carry a lot on us and I am fine with purchasing water when needed, so I'm hoping our bags won't be too heavy. We're only doing 1 "princess day," where we have an 8am BOG breakfast followed by a 9:15am BBB appt, meeting the princesses at Fairytale Hall, then lunch at Cinderella's. After that we are taking the kids' dresses off and changing into comfier clothing. We buy our dresses from Little Adventures, so they're pretty light and can be rolled up pretty easily. if your dresses are bulky I would absolutely get a locker.

I don't want to make you think the crowds are "good", and they're definitely bigger than Sept lol! But, we will take Thanksgiving over spring break (week before Easter) ANY.DAY. Thanksgiving is so, so much better than that! What I've said to others is that RD is more important, or worth it if you will, if MIL can be up and ready early. Then, and this may sound non-important but it is, don't do QS during the main meal hours! Those lines get longer than ride lines, seriously :laughing: So when you're planning to do QS try to plan 11-11:30 or after 1:30 for lunch; or before 5, after 7 for dinner.
But bringing patience will help, too!

We did the CP twice, once was with Neil Patrick Harris and it was awesome. I'd love to see Alfonso Ribeiro! I'd most likely have my fingers crossed the whole time that he breaks out into the Carlton dance :dancer:

OMG I said the same thing to DH about the the Carlton dance!!! I told him I want to make a sign saying "Do The Carlton!" DH said he would leave me there! :rotfl2:

We did the CP two years ago with Edward James Olmos and it was *so* moving. I'm not very religious but I loved it. My MIL is religious so I know she would love it. Plus we'll get a do-over at Biergarten. During our September trip DH was so bummed that they didn't have the beer cheese soup that he wanted to boycott. I'm really hoping they have it when we go this time or I may never get him to go again!

I finally broke down and called IT about the customize MB issue as we are a few weeks away from then in case it took time to resolve and luckily it was an easy fix.

Our Magic Bands arrived today!! We even got the Passholder sliders! This is the end of our AP tickets and I saw the sliders on our last trip but didn't know how to get them (and never got around to asking guest services). This trip we went through the Magic Bands attached to our tickets instead of our resort reservation and apparently that's all it took! Probably more excited than I should be over orange plastic...but I'm so excited!!! :banana::banana:

I was wondering if someone could help me out with Thanksgiving dinner planning. I'm going to be at WDW from 11/21 - 11/26.

I currently have a reservation at CRT on Thanksgiving and I booked it with the hopes that they would be serving a traditional Thanksgiving meal (it seems they've done this in years past, including 2017). However, nothing leads me to believe they will also be doing this in 2018.

And I've seen the list of confirmed spots, but the list seems much shorter than prior year's options. So, will there be more confirmed restaurants in the near future? Or are they just cutting back this year?

Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this topic was already discussed!

We don't get our magic bands in the mail.:sad1: They don't deliver to Canada so we have to wait until we get there. We also have the CP package booked at Biergarten to see Alfonso Ribeiro! :banana:

Our Magic Bands arrived today!! We even got the Passholder sliders! This is the end of our AP tickets and I saw the sliders on our last trip but didn't know how to get them (and never got around to asking guest services). This trip we went through the Magic Bands attached to our tickets instead of our resort reservation and apparently that's all it took! Probably more excited than I should be over orange plastic...but I'm so excited!!! :banana::banana:

I got my AP magicbands today too, and mine included sliders as well! :) I also got the Passholder welcome envelope which included the Mickey magnets. I have no idea what we're going to do with all of these magicbands!

I got my AP magicbands today too, and mine included sliders as well! :) I also got the Passholder welcome envelope which included the Mickey magnets. I have no idea what we're going to do with all of these magicbands!

I know! I keep pestering my husband to make a shadowbox so we can put all our Disney trip things in it. At the moment, everything is chilling in a "Disney box" (aka cardboard box). We have magnets too! We had gotten them last year after we activated or passes. I'm hoping if they stay on the fridge long enough and we see them enough we will be persuaded to become passholders again some day :rolleyes1

I was wondering if someone could help me out with Thanksgiving dinner planning. I'm going to be at WDW from 11/21 - 11/26.

I currently have a reservation at CRT on Thanksgiving and I booked it with the hopes that they would be serving a traditional Thanksgiving meal (it seems they've done this in years past, including 2017). However, nothing leads me to believe they will also be doing this in 2018.

And I've seen the list of confirmed spots, but the list seems much shorter than prior year's options. So, will there be more confirmed restaurants in the near future? Or are they just cutting back this year?

I actually haven't been on Thanksgiving, but I read that Garden Grove over at the Swan/Dolphin have a Thanksgiving offering at their buffet. Not sure if that helps.

I'd be skeptical about a Thanksgiving dinner in this situation. I just spent a few minutes searching for any accounts of a Thanksgiving meal at CRT and it doesn't seem like there are too many confirmed reports out there, and everyone that claims they had "a traditional Thanksgiving dinner" has been very vague about it.

I have been to Disney during that week 3 or 4 times and most if not all places have something but for whatever reason do not make it on the list. I heard great things about Boma and was worried when it was not on there but we went anyway and we were so glad we kept our ADR. They have a great mix of Thanksgiving food plus the regular food. We will be there again this year!

I actually haven't been on Thanksgiving, but I read that Garden Grove over at the Swan/Dolphin have a Thanksgiving offering at their buffet. Not sure if that helps.
We've had clients do Garden Grove on Thanksgiving and LOVE it; they do offer the traditional Thanksgiving foods or at least they normally do.
@SpaceMountainYeti it is still possible more restaurants will be announced however as @CynBeth said, many just aren't formally put on a list and do serve the traditional T-day offerings. I will say we ate at Trails End on Thanksgiving and loved it, they had everything you could think of plus non-holiday stuff :)

We've had clients do Garden Grove on Thanksgiving and LOVE it; they do offer the traditional Thanksgiving foods or at least they normally do.
@SpaceMountainYeti it is still possible more restaurants will be announced however as @CynBeth said, many just aren't formally put on a list and do serve the traditional T-day offerings. I will say we ate at Trails End on Thanksgiving and loved it, they had everything you could think of plus non-holiday stuff :)

We actually had a bad experience at Trail’s End. Things might have changed as it was our first ever Thanksgiving Week trip maybe 6 years ago. We had a long wait past our ADR time. When we finally got inside it was so crowded everyone was on top of each other and they did not have a huge variety of food which they kept running out of but was not being replaced very quickly. And what we had was just ok. We have done Boma the last few trips that week and love it!

Hi everyone! I got an email today saying my fp+ for safaris from 6:30p-7:30p was changed to way earlier in the day because that time was no longer available. By the time I caught it the help desk was closed. Does anyone have any guesses as to what that is?
I looked at park hours and AK still closes at 8pm. My only other guess would be maybe safaris is closing earlier?

Hi everyone! I got an email today saying my fp+ for safaris from 6:30p-7:30p was changed to way earlier in the day because that time was no longer available. By the time I caught it the help desk was closed. Does anyone have any guesses as to what that is?
I looked at park hours and AK still closes at 8pm. My only other guess would be maybe safaris is closing earlier?
What day is this for if you don’t mind my asking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter