*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

It might be a party size issue. They only have so many tables that can be used for larger groups, most seating is in the cars.
If you are willing to break up your group into the cars, you might have an easier time.
Don't know if this may help, but if you call in, a CM might be able to see how the car tables are setup and perhaps more easily split up the party but still have them together at the same time or 15 minutes apart or so.

Just booked our ADRs today! Got everything we wanted except I can't find any availability for Sci-fi on 11/26 for dinner. We have a group of 9. Is Sci-fi really that hard to get, or is something going on there at that time? I even got Ohana and Chef Mickey's with no problem. I can't believe it would be harder than those.
I think the largest tables at Sci-Fi seat 8 (or 4 + 4), so that's probably why you can't find an ADR for 9. You might consider splitting your party 5 + 4 & telling the CM at the restaurant that you'd like to wait to be seated near one another.

Hey ALL! i think i read somewheres that people were having a hard time with epcot breakfast reservations at the end of the month, and that non were loaded in the system, possibly because they held them all back for the processional. Is anyone else noticing this? My ADR day is Friday!!! : )

I see we're at the Poly on similar dates! We'll be there 11/24-11/30 and we're also planning to go to MVMCP on 11/29! :)

Awesome!! I love the Poly in late-November- so easy to get to/from MVMCP and to Epcot for all of the holiday events there! Hopefully the party won't be too busy on the 29th- we went last year the week after Thanksgiving and it was sold out!

Just booked our ADRs today! Got everything we wanted except I can't find any availability for Sci-fi on 11/26 for dinner. We have a group of 9. Is Sci-fi really that hard to get, or is something going on there at that time? I even got Ohana and Chef Mickey's with no problem. I can't believe it would be harder than those.

I think it could also be hard to get- I was only able to find one dinner ADR for my trip, and it was at a very early time. Hopefully splitting your party helps!

I keep reading that Sci-fi is one of the most difficult to get ADR's right now for some reason. We are doing a split stay so I can't book the second half of our trip until Friday and I am nervous about getting Sci-fi.:scared: I made our first half of our trip ADR today but we only wanted one and it wasn't a really difficult one.:) I should now this by now, LOL, but I can't remember if it is 6 or 7 that ADR's open up online?

I keep reading that Sci-fi is one of the most difficult to get ADR's right now for some reason. We are doing a split stay so I can't book the second half of our trip until Friday and I am nervous about getting Sci-fi.:scared: I made our first half of our trip ADR today but we only wanted one and it wasn't a really difficult one.:) I should now this by now, LOL, but I can't remember if it is 6 or 7 that ADR's open up online?
6 AM online & 7 AM by phone :) EST.

Awesome!! I love the Poly in late-November- so easy to get to/from MVMCP and to Epcot for all of the holiday events there! Hopefully the party won't be too busy on the 29th- we went last year the week after Thanksgiving and it was sold out!

This will be our first time staying at the Poly so that's great to hear! We're really looking forward to it!

Does anyone know if the Splash Pad area at AoA will shut down in November due to cooler weather? Do any/all of them close? This just occurred to me! Ack!

Thanks for your help!

We are official. Just booked our flights this morning!

We will be at WDW November 24-Dec 2, staying at ASMu with free dining. So excited!

So far we have been in January, then December, and now November. I guess next year we will go in October. :laughing:

Does anyone know if the Splash Pad area at AoA will shut down in November due to cooler weather? Do any/all of them close? This just occurred to me! Ack!

Thanks for your help!
I haven't experienced the pools being closed in November. We go either the first or 2nd week of November and highs are usually in the high 70s or close to 80.

SW flight booking this morning was so stressful. Based on our ADR, we absolutely needed to get the earliest flight out. But Everytime I went to finalize, there was error screen. Then price went up and had to purchase more points...twice. then I just decided to book one way tickets for the early flight to get it done. Worked, then got the return flight done...after needing to buy more points a third time. I understand price fluctuations based on demand, but most places where you buy tickets, they get held on a timer for completion before being released. This should be the case here, too.

Whoa...look at all the people arriving on the 24th! I guess it’s obvious when free dining started! :rotfl:

Whoa...look at all the people arriving on the 24th! I guess it’s obvious when free dining started! :rotfl:
Yeah, we are arriving Nov. 22, but split stay for Nov. 24 FD. Had no major issues with our FD ADRs, unlike the tough first round for Nov. 22-23. Would love to get a BOG lunch on Nov. 23 for 7, then we can drop our Nov. 29 bfast.

SW flight booking this morning was so stressful. Based on our ADR, we absolutely needed to get the earliest flight out. But Everytime I went to finalize, there was error screen. Then price went up and had to purchase more points...twice. then I just decided to book one way tickets for the early flight to get it done. Worked, then got the return flight done...after needing to buy more points a third time. I understand price fluctuations based on demand, but most places where you buy tickets, they get held on a timer for completion before being released. This should be the case here, too.
I agree with you! I got on and booked and the prices were all over the place! I got lucky and only had to buy the points once, but I was fearful of having an experience like you.

We booked SW today as well! I kept trying until I had to leave for work at 7 and we can’t access internet at work so Mom who is also coming agreed to call. She tried around 7:30 and was told it would not open until 10 am. Something told us to not listen and keep trying. We know for next time. There was over an hour hold time. She waited as long as she could but had to be somewhere. By the time later in the day all of the Wanna Get Away were gone so we are spending a little more than we had hoped but at least we got good non stop flight times and bags fly free. We always add on the Early Bird.

hello, joining in on the thread, DH and I had a serious Disney conversation today and we have our minds set on Nov 17-23. We have been in November just never Thanksgiving week. I have heard positive reviews about Boma for Thanksgiving so I made an ADR. I guess no fried turkey for me this year, but that's ok! I'll be at Disney eating zebra domes :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter