OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Our travel agent told me that our fast pass day started tomorrow. But just for the heck of it I looked to see if I could make them today-and I could. I got everything I wanted although I couldn't get a morning fp for FoP on Nov 27th. But I got a morning fp for FoP on Nov 29th instead.

Now I just need to haunt the Disney site until I can get dinner at Cape May

Decided to stay extra day since we are driving from NOLA.

Was going to leave 11/24 afternoon and sleep in Lake city and drive remaining way home next day

Tried to get an extra night at VWL but nothing available

Settled on room at CBR instead

Now I have to resist staying an extra-extra day

Our travel agent told me that our fast pass day started tomorrow. But just for the heck of it I looked to see if I could make them today-and I could. I got everything I wanted although I couldn't get a morning fp for FoP on Nov 27th. But I got a morning fp for FoP on Nov 29th instead.

Sue just curious, won't your TA put out a Cape May search for you?

Me too! Wow the Disney reached a whole new level of glitchy for me this morning. It tried to tell me that day 5 of our trip had ZERO FP available for ANY princess meets in MK - Cinderella, Rapunzel, Tink, and Tales with Belle. I knew that was just insane and had to be wrong, so I went and finished my other FP and then came back and sure enough, all the times were available again. If I was new to this I would have been freaking out. Hope everyone got all their FP worked out ok!

I just got a fast pass for FOP for my first day 11/16/17 for 4:30, just an FYI if you did not get a fast pass for it yet. ( when i tried at the 60 day mark i could not get this for any day of my trip)

I keep looking and hoping for a 7DMT FP on 11/17, but I am giving up on that. I cannot believe how many attractions are out of FP for that day. :scared1:

What day did you need Cape May for?

I was able to get all the fastpasses I needed. I was able to get FOP twice and one is our first park day. I'm sure that's because they released some later so I got lucky. The one I had a little problem with was Splash Mountain. It was just a timing issue. I'm going to try to get an earlier time. Just tried to now but MDE is going nuts and none of my reservations are coming up. I know it's just glitching.

I talked to dh about MK table service options if BOG doesn't open up for the 27th (I said the 26th before but I had my dates mixed up). So our backup plan if BOG doesn't open up, is to get an ADR at Trattoria on the Boardwalk. So we'd do Epcot in the morning, then head back to the Boardwalk for dinner, and then we have more night options. We can go back to MK for HEA, head to Epcot for Illumination, go to HS, or just hang at the Boardwalk and see fireworks from there. I kind of like not being tied down to a dinner reservation in a park when we have an early am ADR that day (we have Garden Grill at 8am). I think I would prefer that BOG doesn't open up. Plus we are going back in May so we can do BOG then. Especially since we're staying at the Contemporary then.

What day did you need Cape May for?
We are looking for a dinner reservation for 2 on Wed, Nov 29th. Nothing is available right now, but it might open up as we get closer. We'll be staying at the Beach Club then, which makes it very convenient to eat there.

I talked to dh about MK table service options if BOG doesn't open up for the 27th (I said the 26th before but I had my dates mixed up). So our backup plan if BOG doesn't open up, is to get an ADR at Trattoria on the Boardwalk. So we'd do Epcot in the morning, then head back to the Boardwalk for dinner, and then we have more night options. We can go back to MK for HEA, head to Epcot for Illumination, go to HS, or just hang at the Boardwalk and see fireworks from there. I kind of like not being tied down to a dinner reservation in a park when we have an early am ADR that day (we have Garden Grill at 8am). I think I would prefer that BOG doesn't open up. Plus we are going back in May so we can do BOG then. Especially since we're staying at the Contemporary then.
We often leave Trattoria al Forno as a last minute option when we are staying at an Epcot resort. They usually have availability. :)

We are looking for a dinner reservation for 2 on Wed, Nov 29th. Nothing is available right now, but it might open up as we get closer. We'll be staying at the Beach Club then, which makes it very convenient to eat there.

We often leave Trattoria al Forno as a last minute option when we are staying at an Epcot resort. They usually have availability. :)

Perfect! We're staying at the Boardwalk so I think it's a great option.

I'm doing Cape May on the 25th but was trying to get a different time. If I see the 29th I'll let you know.

Does anyone have any thoughts on early online check- in. We have a room only at the same resort as our package. I know there is a chance we will have to change rooms, but just like everyone else we really are hoping not to. Does check-in online reduce those odds?

Does anyone have any thoughts on early online check- in. We have a room only at the same resort as our package. I know there is a chance we will have to change rooms, but just like everyone else we really are hoping not to. Does check-in online reduce those odds?

I always do online check-in so I can bypass the front desk. I've never had any issues. I'm not sure how it works if you have 2 reservations. Is the room-only and the package room the same room type (standard, water view, preferred, etc)? Maybe you can make a note that you have 2 reservations and want to stay in the same room.

Personally, I would call and ask them to note that on the reservation.

I always do online check-in so I can bypass the front desk. I've never had any issues. I'm not sure how it works if you have 2 reservations. Is the room-only and the package room the same room type (standard, water view, preferred, etc)? Maybe you can make a note that you have 2 reservations and want to stay in the same room.

Yes they both are for standard.

Personally, I would call and ask them to note that on the reservation.

We did ask a phone CM to make a note, I believe it was when I was talking to technical support. Is there a specific line we should call?

Our youngest DD is special needs and we have to set up her bed and supplies. Not a big deal to move, it would just be nice not having to waste park time. Lol.

Thanks for all your input and help.

Yes they both are for standard.

We did ask a phone CM to make a note, I believe it was when I was talking to technical support. Is there a specific line we should call?

Our youngest DD is special needs and we have to set up her bed and supplies. Not a big deal to move, it would just be nice not having to waste park time. Lol.

Thanks for all your input and help.

I think you should fax in a room request and on the room request note that you would like to be assigned the same room. Include both the reservation numbers and tell them that your youngest has special needs and it would be a big burden to have to move rooms! I think they will honor it that way. They'd be super jerks if they didn't :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter