OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Help, my fellow November travelers!!! My ADR day is tomorrow and I'm getting a little nervous reading about difficulties people are having getting what they want. I am inexperienced here, so could use some help. If my top three ADRs are BOG on day 7, CRT on day 2 and Le Cellier on day 5 (Thanksgiving), which order should I try for booking to maximize chances of getting what I want? (I know BOG is one of the hardest to book, but how tough are CRT and Le Cellier??)
We always book hardest first and work our way back

Remember you can log on at 6am ET and start booking

We got up at 445 this am and logged on and started booking ADR's at 5am CST (6am ET)

I got everything except CRT on 1st day in the parks, so not too bad. Still hoping for a cancellation that gets us into the castle on Day 1 in the park (11/19)!! DD is desperate to get the princess hunt out of the way early, so we don't have to spend all week waiting in line... :)

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys did okay today with your dining. I have a week till ADR day! Latest discussion with dh was if we should get the dining plan or not. We were looking at the numbers and we may be better without it. We like the convenience but if I buy Disney gift cards that would probably work just as well. I told him we'd revisit the conversation after our trip in July. We aren't getting the dining plan for that trip. We were going to do all QS but that's changed. I have 3 ADRs for the trip and I'm trying to add a Beaches and Cream.

Sounds like you guys did okay today with your dining. I have a week till ADR day! Latest discussion with dh was if we should get the dining plan or not. We were looking at the numbers and we may be better without it. We like the convenience but if I buy Disney gift cards that would probably work just as well. I told him we'd revisit the conversation after our trip in July. We aren't getting the dining plan for that trip. We were going to do all QS but that's changed. I have 3 ADRs for the trip and I'm trying to add a Beaches and Cream.
We have FD this trip and upgraded to DxDP but personally I find I prefer using the Dining plan we usually just about break even, but when we pay OOP I find us both looking at the menu prices and deciding on what to eat based more on the cost than what we really want at times. I love appetizers but tend to skip them when paying OOP. Of course we save $$$ paying OOP vs DP but I know we enjoy ourselves more with the DP

What's the trick with Disney gift cards?? (I'm a newbie, looking to save any way I can this time around. :))

Woo hoo! Just booked our flights on SW! I think that's everything except for the 1 day tickets for US/IOA. Now to figure out touring and FP plans and when we are going to tell the kids and start looking at cute clothes ideas! Never been in Nov. First time we went in early March and second time was April/May. What is the weather like?

Anyone else going the week after Thanksgiving? We are booked 11/25 - 12/3 and right now the flight prices are SO HIGH!!!!!

I got everything except CRT on 1st day in the parks, so not too bad. Still hoping for a cancellation that gets us into the castle on Day 1 in the park (11/19)!! DD is desperate to get the princess hunt out of the way early, so we don't have to spend all week waiting in line... :)

Did you set up the Touring Plans Resrvation Finder? I just did one for Bon Voyage on 11/20. Everyone is raving about how well it works.

Anyone else going the week after Thanksgiving? We are booked 11/25 - 12/3 and right now the flight prices are SO HIGH!!!!!
We are going 11/23-11/29. Booked the morning Southwest released and had to take a thanksgiving flight since it was cheaper than Friday. Prices have climbed even higher. Definitely worse than last year.

i booked the day they opened we are flying on 11/26 and going back on 12/2 i checked today to book the same flights it was 475.00 more

I got everything except CRT on 1st day in the parks, so not too bad. Still hoping for a cancellation that gets us into the castle on Day 1 in the park (11/19)!! . :)

We were able to pull a CRT for 11/19 for 7 people about 8am!

Dining is done now let the tweaking begin :D

Since booking at 6am and posting here a little later we've tweaked about 5 times...

We have FD this trip and upgraded to DxDP but personally I find I prefer using the Dining plan we usually just about break even, but when we pay OOP I find us both looking at the menu prices and deciding on what to eat based more on the cost than what we really want at times. I love appetizers but tend to skip them when paying OOP. Of course we save $$$ paying OOP vs DP but I know we enjoy ourselves more with the DP

Thanks for the info about your experience with the dining plan. We'd be doing the regular disney dining plan so no appetizers. I was thinking if we did the OOP, I would more likely to get an appetizer once in awhile. Hmmm so much to think about. We also had a ton of snacks leftover that we cashed in last trip. Felt like such a waste. I think we'd probably save a couple of $ without the dining plan but the convenience of the dining plan might be worth it. And like you mentioned, I'd rather not factor in the cost of my food while on vacation. I guess we'll see how this trip in July goes without the plan.

What's the trick with Disney gift cards?? (I'm a newbie, looking to save any way I can this time around. :))

I was just going to buy gift cards in the amount I would of paid for the dining plan so I have the money set aside. But you can buy discounted gift cards at Sam's, Bjs, or using your redcard at Target. It doesn't save you a ton of $ but every little bit helps imo.

I'm going 11/24 - 12/3. I booked on SW right away for the 24th and my flight has sold out since then. It was up $140pp the last time I checked it. The flights on 12/3 haven't gone up a crazy amount except for a couple. I live near a major airport so I have a lot of options for the 3rd.

perfect
i booked the day they opened we are flying on 11/26 and going back on 12/2 i checked today to book the same flights it was 475.00 more

Did you book SW? We were hoping to fly Jet Blue since we have a preschooler and a toddler...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter