OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Am I crazy for not booking until free dining or room only discounts are announced? We are going the week AFTER thanksgiving. I'm ok pretty much with any moderate or value, but I was getting so stressed over where to book that would qualify for a discount of some sort. We know we are going even if we pay full price(we will then be staying in a value for certain.) I think generally the discounts are announce in april/may, so that would be out 180 days from our trip still, so adrs wouldn't be effected.

I'm fairly certain you can book now and then apply discounts like dining if they come available for your dates down the line!

I'm fairly certain you can book now and then apply discounts like dining if they come available for your dates down the line!

You are absolutely correct, but I've heard the free dining tends to be offered at the resorts that aren't as full as they would like. So I book at the resort I want, it is one more room booked so it is less likely to have free dining. So I think it'll be less stressful for me,personally, to wait until its announced. I don't like the idea of having to switch resorts, it just would stress me out. So I think we're just going to wait. Surely, not all of disney will be booked:)

Any of you been in November before? Any tips or things to see? Thanksgiving stuff or christmas out early?

I'm definitely pondering dining reservations. Everyone in our party is going to pick one table-service restaurant: My husband and I, our kids and my parents. (The few times I went a kid, we didn't really do the table-service restaurants, especially the ones at the resorts. So I'm really looking forward to introducing them to some different venues!)

So I'm sending my folks some ideas for their picks, and the 8-year-old is watching Disney restaurant videos on YouTube, contemplating his choice. Fun!

I'm definitely pondering dining reservations. Everyone in our party is going to pick one table-service restaurant: My husband and I, our kids and my parents. (The few times I went a kid, we didn't really do the table-service restaurants, especially the ones at the resorts. So I'm really looking forward to introducing them to some different venues!)

So I'm sending my folks some ideas for their picks, and the 8-year-old is watching Disney restaurant videos on YouTube, contemplating his choice. Fun!

That's what I'm doing, too! Everyone is picking a favorite and then I get to pick the rest.

400 days until we leave!!! That seems like so long... is anyone else dreaming up dining reservations yet?

My crazy self has a whole spreadsheet started...almost done :) with an ADR wishlist. We dont' have any real hot items on the list except for Askershus breakfast for DD birthday and Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood Studios.

Otherwise this is what we're shooting for:

Friday 11/24/2016 Supper 5/6pm Boatwrights (at hotel) or Rain Forest Café
Saturday 11/25/2016 Breakfast 8/9am Ohana or Chef Mickey
Sunday 11/26/2016 Supper 5/6pm Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare
Monday 11/27/2016 Lunch/Supper Coral Reef or Teppan Edo
Tuesday 11/28/2016
Wednesday 11/29/2016 Supper 5/6pm Rain Forest Café or Whispering Canyon Café
Thursday 11/30/2016 Breakfast Askerhus Garden Grill
Friday 12/1/2016 Lunch 11 Prime Time Café
Friday 12/1/2016 Supper 5/6pm Hollywood & Vine Minnie Christmas special

Edited to Add notes

My crazy self has a whole spreadsheet started...almost done :) with an ADR wishlist. We dont' have any real hot items on the list except for Askershus breakfast for DD birthday and Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood Studios.

Saturday 11/25/2016 Breakfast 8/9am Ohana or Chef Mickey (this is a non park day so time isn't a huge factor here)

Sunday 11/26/2016 Supper 5/6pm Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare (this is a Christmas party day if they keep the schedule the same so we will start the day at park opening and have an early as possible supper here & leave)

Monday 11/27/2016 Lunch/Supper Coral Reef or Teppan Edo (more or less leaving this up to DH which one we try for)

Tuesday 11/28/2016 ??? (possibly nothing this day-the morning will be down time at Disney Springs- really would like EOS & evening is Christmas party don't want to waste time at the party by eating)

Wednesday 11/29/2016 Supper 5/6pm Rain Forest Café (DH is all about some Rain Forest café so if we don't go our first night then we will hit on Wednesday) Back up plan is a resort supper we shall see though....

Thursday 11/30/2016 Breakfast Askerhus Garden Grill (this a must!)

Saturday 11/25/2016 Breakfast 8/9am Ohana or Chef Mickey
Sunday 11/26/2016 Supper 5/6pm Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare
Monday 11/27/2016 Lunch/Supper Coral Reef or Teppan Edo
Tuesday 11/28/2016
Wednesday 11/29/2016 Supper 5/6pm Rain Forest Café or Whispering Canyon Café
Thursday 11/30/2016 Breakfast Askerhus Garden Grill
Looks great! And, we will be there at the same time! Our musts are Biergarten, Boma, Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree, and Hoop De Doo. But I am not even near planning our park days yet.

Nice! Our musts so far are Ohana, Chef Mickey (for older son's birthday), and Cape May. I think my folks are picking the Wave (I've never been there!) and Garden Grill breakfast, and younger son is picking Be Our Guest dinner.

Nice! Our musts so far are Ohana, Chef Mickey (for older son's birthday), and Cape May. I think my folks are picking the Wave (I've never been there!) and Garden Grill breakfast, and younger son is picking Be Our Guest dinner.

I am no where close to having a working schedule, but as the 365 day mark approaches I will be starting to track the weather and wait times that occur this year to get a general idea of what to expect. ADR-wise, I know we want to do BOG and O'hana. I want Sci Fi, because I have never been, but DD is opposed to it... Maybe some buffets, if I can get DS to get over his phobia of them, because he eats his body weight in food everyday.

I am no where close to having a working schedule, but as the 365 day mark approaches I will be starting to track the weather and wait times that occur this year to get a general idea of what to expect. ADR-wise, I know we want to do BOG and O'hana. I want Sci Fi, because I have never been, but DD is opposed to it... Maybe some buffets, if I can get DS to get over his phobia of them, because he eats his body weight in food everyday.

One of the reason we do more buffets than I, personally, would like! I don't know where they put it. Older son in particular eats more than his 6'4" father...and gets taken for the younger brother!

I love Cape May (because seafood) but I might switch to something else, just for a new experience.

we picked our restaurants already --breakfast at Cape May, lunch at be out guest, and dinners at liberty tee tavern, kickers backyard bbq, homecoming, biergarten, and ticket house. And yes, we did the everyone picks too.

Any of you been in November before? Any tips or things to see? Thanksgiving stuff or christmas out early?

Must do MVMCP!!!!! Christmas parade and wishes are awesome

Decorations are amazing, parks seem even more fantastic with the Christmas decorations up.

TG dinner at Whispering canyon is delicious

Parks open early and close late.

We leave in 16 days and are already thinking about next years trip

We have a list of restaurant "musts" and we already decided on Garden Grill for Thanksgiving dinner :D

Naptime started 15 minutes ago, I have a refreshing coke zero by my side, and I going to plan ALL of our meals. I need to decide if a dining plan is going to be worth it...Number crunching here I come:)

Naptime started 15 minutes ago, I have a refreshing coke zero by my side, and I going to plan ALL of our meals. I need to decide if a dining plan is going to be worth it...Number crunching here I come:)

that's what I did because we have never done DDP plan before but DH would like to do a sit down meal every day plus with having a little one character meals can be crazy expensive. When it was all said it done I think we were about $40 cheaper not to do DDP but I said it'd be worth that money to not have to worry about keeping track of what we spend and where.

that's what I did because we have never done DDP plan before but DH would like to do a sit down meal every day plus with having a little one character meals can be crazy expensive. When it was all said it done I think we were about $40 cheaper not to do DDP but I said it'd be worth that money to not have to worry about keeping track of what we spend and where.

I think it's going to end up being my in-laws, myself, DH, and our son all in a room. So in theory, if we can swing free dining, we're going to be saving a ton. I have fall back plans if our trip doesn't coorespond with free dining though, and ultimately we have to do the dining plan. Without eating ANYTHING other than our table service meals, we're about $150 less a person than just paying for the dining plan. and I feel like surely we'd spend more than that for all the other meals, and snacks, and treats. So Dining it is.

My current table service plans are:

Tusker House (dinner),
(OOP) Captains grill breakfast for the candlelight processional dinner package,
Cape May (dinner)
T-Rex (Dinner) -this could change. right now my almost 2 year old is OBSESSED with dinos, but if it he's over them, we'll probably change to something else.
'Ohana (dinner)
Liberty Tree (dinner)
Biergarten (dinner)
'Ohana (breakfast) on our last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter