OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

We got our Magic Bands on Saturday! Wasn't expecting them until Tuesday as that's what shipping had said originally so it was a nice surprise! We had gotten our ME tags a couple weeks ago so were just waiting for the Bands.

I'm trying not to freak out as I think we have almost everything ready. We still need to purchase our Universal tickets as we're doing 1 day in Harry Potter world which I'm super excited about!

I only have one set of shirts for everyone and then I bought my daughters matching Minnie shirts for one day. I figure we'll just wear regular clothes the rest of the time. I'm still not sure what the weather will be so don't know if I should be making sure we have enough shorts or long pants, short sleeves or long sleeves. That's stressing me out the most right now. Also October is super busy for us with birthdays, anniversary, Halloween, etc. so I'm trying to not fall behind on anything but it's tough.

I can't believe we'll be leaving for Disney in less than 4 weeks!

I loooove me some Etsy! But I didn't order anything for this trip, since I splurged last trip on custom Drinking Around the World ears AND glow-in-the-dark Little Mermaid ears :scared: so I really need to get some more use out of those to justify just how much I spent on them before I buy any new ones.

I haven't worn ears since I was a little kid but we'll be celebrating my 40th birthday so I wanted birthday ears. :) Ironically my birthday isn't actually until the day after we fly home but I figure 40 is a big enough deal that I can celebrate it for the whole week. :stitch2:

I've never done family shirts before either but found some I really liked on Etsy so decided to go for it. Then we all have 1 Minnie or Mickey shirt I think and otherwise we'll just wear regular clothes.

Do you guys know anything about Dapper Days? I was just obsessively checking different Crowd Calendars and saw really high crowds on 11/18 for Dapper Days. Apparently people dress really fancy to go to the parks that day?

We are doing the morning in Epcot and the evening in Magic Kingdom. Hopefully it isn't too crazy.

Yes it's people dressing up and celebrating in the parks. 11/18 is MK and it will be busy. We are going to Epcot, but I like to avoid MK on Saturday anyway.

I saw a lot of pics on the Instagram accounts I follow, as well as vlogs. Here's a video from Tim Tracker about it:

Do you guys know anything about Dapper Days? I was just obsessively checking different Crowd Calendars and saw really high crowds on 11/18 for Dapper Days. Apparently people dress really fancy to go to the parks that day?

We are doing the morning in Epcot and the evening in Magic Kingdom. Hopefully it isn't too crazy.

I have not heard about Dapper Days but I know when I was planning our trip November 18 is the start of the Thanksgiving week madness crowd wise.

Yes it's people dressing up and celebrating in the parks. 11/18 is MK and it will be busy. We are going to Epcot, but I like to avoid MK on Saturday anyway.

I saw a lot of pics on the Instagram accounts I follow, as well as vlogs. Here's a video from Tim Tracker about it:

Cool, thanks! We have fast passes for MK that evening and the main goal is to catch Happily Ever After, so I guess we will just avoid standby lines.

We're going to be in Epcot during the Dapper Days there. I'm sort of looking forward to it. It sounds kind of cool.

33 days!! I’m with everyone else on the long to do lists! As this is a surprise I’ve had had to sneak things away from my daughter to pack. Since fall has officially set in here, I can finally gather all of her shorts to wash and pack. I think the hardest thing will be getting all of the grocery items gathered as she’ll see the snacks and want to eat them.

I’m also trying to get her accustomed to some of the “scary” rides that she didn’t like last time. We watched the Haunted Mansion last night and she really enjoyed that. We also like watching ride videos so we’ve been watching the ones she got scared on. I hope that will help her to enjoy them more. It will also help that she’s 3 years older. I do not want to be the parent dragging a crying child into a ride, but I’d hate to miss riding The Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror. Especially because it’s not the motion of either ride that bothers her, it’s the ghosts.

I'm glad you guys bought everything at the Disney Store in Hershey. I have to try not to go in there anyways. My husband and my wallet are not fans! ;)

Is the outlet store in Hershey better than the one in Lancaster? It's pretty much a full day trip for us from Jersey either way, but we were planning on going to the one in Lancaster this weekend. If the one in Hershey is considerably better, we'll just plan on going there.

I need to start making a list of what needs to be done still like figuring out dog sitter schedules, stopping mail, making lists, etc.

We got our Magic Bands on Saturday! Wasn't expecting them until Tuesday as that's what shipping had said originally so it was a nice surprise! We had gotten our ME tags a couple weeks ago so were just waiting for the Bands.

I'm trying not to freak out as I think we have almost everything ready. We still need to purchase our Universal tickets as we're doing 1 day in Harry Potter world which I'm super excited about!

I only have one set of shirts for everyone and then I bought my daughters matching Minnie shirts for one day. I figure we'll just wear regular clothes the rest of the time. I'm still not sure what the weather will be so don't know if I should be making sure we have enough shorts or long pants, short sleeves or long sleeves. That's stressing me out the most right now. Also October is super busy for us with birthdays, anniversary, Halloween, etc. so I'm trying to not fall behind on anything but it's tough.

I can't believe we'll be leaving for Disney in less than 4 weeks!

Don't stress out too much about what to wear. I try to pack a lot of layers. And if you run out of clothes, you could always do a load of laundry. I don't want to do laundry on vacation but at least knowing it's an option makes me feel less stressed.

I feel like Halloween is creeping up fast. No idea what the kids are going to be.

Is the outlet store in Hershey better than the one in Lancaster? It's pretty much a full day trip for us from Jersey either way, but we were planning on going to the one in Lancaster this weekend. If the one in Hershey is considerably better, we'll just plan on going there.

I was thinking of going to the Disney outlet in Jackson NJ, have you been there recently? I haven't gone in years because there are outlets closer to me now but they don't have a Disney store.

They seem about the same to me. We live closer to Hershey so it's a little easier to get to for me, but both have seemed to have similar stock in my opinion. Mind you, I haven't been to Hershey in a while. I was in Lancaster to meet a friend and went to the one there recently though.

I know a lot of you are shopping for your trip right now. If anyone sees a cute Jack or Jack and Sally themed shirt for a little girl can you let me know. I need one to go with a pair of pants for my daughter and haven't found anything that I really like yet.

Can anyone give me advice on clothing?

I'm not sure what to take with me. I've got a selection of long sleeve shirts and shorts, but will I need a jumper or jacket? Our visit is the 7th to the 21st.

I'm not sure what to take with me. I've got a selection of long sleeve shirts and shorts, but will I need a jumper or jacket? Our visit is the 7th to the 21st.
Florida weather is unpredictable. Last year (same week) I brought a jacket but never needed it. Wore pants a few nights, it got a little cool when the sun went down. Going again the same week this year, planning to bring a few pairs of pants and a sweater/jacket just in case, but hoping not to need it.

Florida weather is unpredictable. Last year (same week) I brought a jacket but never needed it. Wore pants a few nights, it got a little cool when the sun went down. Going again the same week this year, planning to bring a few pairs of pants and a sweater/jacket just in case, but hoping not to need it.

So you'd recommend taking a jacket? Am I alright with long sleeve shirts? :)

Our plan is mostly pants, maybe a few shorts, short sleeve shirts, and sweatshirts. Not familiar with FL weather in the fall, but I know how unpredictable it's been in the Northeast so far and layering seems to work best for us. Personally, I wear t-shirts with a sweatshirt just about all year long anyway.

We pack a sweatshirt and a pair of pants just in case. We usually only need it at night. Two years ago it was so hot we never used them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter