OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Ugh, we have FP for June 6. Glad I kept my early Y&Y ressie - looks like it will be an early pool night after all

Gmta !! Going to stay with our original plans --- between this and the poor reviews for the nighttime safari, going to cancel our dinner pkg and keep our dinner plans for Sanaa

Ugh, we have FP for June 6. Glad I kept my early Y&Y ressie - looks like it will be an early pool night after all
Ha same date as us for an Animal Kingdom Evening. We are now just going to plan on getting there late afternoon, stay for dinner at TH (not dining pkg) and enjoy the park at night with the rides until 9 or so and head back to the resort. Not upset about our changes at all here :)

Here are my thoughts and I haven't seen the show. I have seen photo and video on social media though.

Expectations were too high. Disney pushed this as something great and spectacular but it wasn't which of course got hopes up for people. However this was a show that was developed, built, and rehearsed in 3-4 weeks. This was of course rushed because they needed something to show people since RoL is delayed.

Tree of Life Awakenings are pretty awesome. I have seen several videos of this and it seems they did an excellent job with this.

Nighttime Safari's is not a floodlit safari. They are using giant LED screens to replicate a sunset. They can't control the animals though, if they don't want to move they aren't going to its nighttime not all animals are active then. If you want active animals go during the day.

Tiffins seems to have positive reviews so far. Maybe a few complaints here and there about portion sizes and pricing but its a signature at Disney so its expected really.

I'm wondering if expectations were just far too SKY HIGH because of all the RoL buildup and hype...? Or is JB really THAT bad??

My review
Safari: 6 out of 10, it was dark, whoever things that there will be a lot of artificial lighting it is not true. Some animals you could see more clearly but most were very dark to see. The lions were up on the front of the Rock and you could barely see them. If you can only do one safari do it at daytime. Or bring night goggles.
Jungle Book show: loved it. It's basically a retelling of the movie they have a lot of dancers and some musicians, some dancers come into the aisles. Definitely a must-see
Tree of Life: only saw a couple of Awakenings, but if you blink you missed it comma not sure if there are longer one but the ones I saw were very fast. It does look beautiful

A little of both. JB is/was not meant to be a major nighttime spectacular. It's a temporary fix to hold people over for now.
This explain a lot. Although, a few characters could've saved the show.

I figure it can't be more worthless than Celebrate the Magic. Don't get me wrong. It's a cute show between MSEP and Wishes, but I wouldn't go just to see it, assuming you can even tell what they are actually displaying on the castle. I won't mind if people start baling on the park. It will just be less crowded for me. I am glad that we are doing the Safari in the morning, near dusk, and then at night. We can see which we like better. Although, the Safari isn't my favorite thing at AK anyway. I do wonder why people are willing to to trust what someone else says. I guess I have just found that I don't necessarily like the same things others people do and like to form my own opinions. I wanted to eat at Tiffins whether we got the package or not. I am still looking forward to spend more time at the park during the night. I'll be at Disney. There isn't much that will make me unhappy:)

Wow, just read back the reviews, it is not bad, what were people expecting?
The dancers were awesome, the story is great. Not sure what people wanted
Well, there's Wishes, Electrical Light Parade, Illuminations, Fantasmic..

I was talking to another person and we both agreed that night goggles would help a lot with the safari

Yeah safari was not good. Maybe you have to watch the movie to understand the show? I really liked it. I liked that it relied heavily on the dancers, I love performers at Disney.

LOVED the movie !! The major gripe ( it seems ) is that there are no characters --- that wouldn't bother me !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter