"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have tickets for the 8th also. Crossing my fingers that the showers will pass by earlier in the day — cold I can handle, but cold AND rain, not so fun! Plus, it wouldn’t be the greatest thing for my 77-year-old mom. On the bright side, maybe with rain in the forecast, the party will not sell out and crowds will be thinner. Here’s hoping!

Going on the 7th, everyday that gets closer, the weather report gets worse. Do they cancel parades or anything if it rains?

I procrastinated too much in purchasing MVMCP tickets for the 17th and it is now sold out. Are there ever any tickets put back in the pool for the day, say if someone swaps their day or cancels through Disney. I know the tickets are non-refundable and the chances are slim, but wanted to check before moving around park days for another party. Thanks!

Going on the 7th, everyday that gets closer, the weather report gets worse. Do they cancel parades or anything if it rains?

I know. its making me super angry. We are just there for 3 days and the weather is going to be cold with the rain on Friday and now maybe pushing into Saturday. I can deal with rain but Im sure if its raining they will cancel the castle show and parade.

I live in Wisconsin, it's rainy today with a high of 53. Totally bearable outside (but then again, we're northerners). We aren't going to the party on the 8th, but are planning to rope drop MK that day. Hoping for low crowds due to the weather.

I know. its making me super angry. We are just there for 3 days and the weather is going to be cold with the rain on Friday and now maybe pushing into Saturday. I can deal with rain but Im sure if its raining they will cancel the castle show and parade.
Same here. Making a quick 4-day trip. Going to MVMCP on the 7th & 11th. Coming from the northeast, don't mind cooler temps (although in the mid-70's would have been preferred), but cool & rainy at night, uugh.

This will be our second year attending the party. Last year, while waiting for the 7 Dwarfs, a few of the other people waiting had brought little things to share with everyone in line. Is this a thing, or were we just lucky to have been surrounded by generous people?

I am thinking about bringing some led toys and dum-dums for my kids, and to share while waiting in line for Sandy Claus and while waiting for the fireworks to begin.

Any other ideas to help keep my kids (7 and 4) from driving everyone crazy while we wait in line?
Just luck. Guests often “pixie dust” other guests. We’ve taken glow bracelets for our kiddos to pass out to other children before the parade - they love sharing with other kids and definitely helps pass the time.

We also love playing Heads Up while we wait. There’s even a Disney version that you can download for free if you’re in the parks! (I think it was $0.99 to download from home)

We attended MVMCP Dec 1st and had a great time! Many thanks to posters here for helping us get done what we really wanted!!! It was a sold out party, but really didn't feel that bad. Now, I say that as someone who DID opt for the dessert party to get the fireworks viewing spot, and opted to go to the SECOND parade. :)

This is what we (my 11yo daughter and I) did...
  1. 6:15 Scrooge/Donald line (maybe 5-7 parties in front of us -- moved very quickly -- cute pic and done at 7:10 pm)
  2. Grab cookies, shop! (did lots of shopping... got shirts and pins)
  3. Check out Tomorrowland dance party & stage show (didn't stay too long... mostly peeked in... pretty cute!)
  4. 8:15 castle lighting (watched from the hub; cute)
  5. 8:45 Check in for dessert party
  6. 9:15 head to reserved area
  7. 9:25 castle stage show
  8. 10:00 fireworks
  9. 10:40 get spot for 11pm parade (Frontierland -- sat right behind rope line; great view and parade exceeded expectations!)
  10. 11:20 rides (Big Thunder x 3, Pirates)
  11. 11:45 Sandy Clause (20min wait!)
  12. Get sorcerer party cards
Somewhere in there, we managed to catch snow on Main St. on two separate occasions.

Extra thanks to @OhioStateBuckeye for the tip to get in line for Scrooge/Donald at 6:15. That was our ONE MUST DO M&G! I was planning on 6:30ish, but that line built VERY QUICKLY behind us and was much longer in just those 15min! Then we lucked out with Sandy Clause... the only other M&G we wanted to try for... our plan was to try toward the end of the party, gambling that the line wouldn't be long and that they'd still be letting people in. Worked out beautifully -- a 20min wait. And they kept letting people in line up until at least midnight -- the line stayed about that 20-min length until we left the area.

Last edited:

Yes. There is a chance the parades will be canceled if the rain is very heavy or if there is lightning in the area. Also, if it is sprinkling the parade could run without a few floats. I believe the giant princess float does not go in the rain. So if there is a chance of rain make sure to see the first parade just in case the rain holds off.

If it is raining, go to the storybook circus area and look under the overhang at the train station. In the past, when it rained Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Santa Goofy and Scrooge would all shelter together there and it made for a great, rare picture.

I procrastinated too much in purchasing MVMCP tickets for the 17th and it is now sold out. Are there ever any tickets put back in the pool for the day, say if someone swaps their day or cancels through Disney. I know the tickets are non-refundable and the chances are slim, but wanted to check before moving around park days for another party. Thanks!

Not really, sorry. There is a chance if you maybe ask at the concierge at your resort when you are there, but I wouldn't count on it.

Thanks! Sound good. Post back here tomorrow please.
FYI, It worked exactly the same as last year. No issues with purchasing Disney GCs using the Target GCs we bought during yesterday's sale. Just a note...if you are buying a larger number, you will notice that once the clerk finishes the payment process, their terminal will appear to hang for 1-2 minutes. This appears to be when the system is actually activating the Disney GCs and it must take a few seconds per card. Last year the clerk started freaking out, so this year I warned the clerk and we both twiddled our thumbs until it finally spit out my receipt. Thanks!

FYI, It worked exactly the same as last year. No issues with purchasing Disney GCs using the Target GCs we bought during yesterday's sale. Just a note...if you are buying a larger number, you will notice that once the clerk finishes the payment process, their terminal will appear to hang for 1-2 minutes. This appears to be when the system is actually activating the Disney GCs and it must take a few seconds per card. Last year the clerk started freaking out, so this year I warned the clerk and we both twiddled our thumbs until it finally spit out my receipt. Thanks!

:thanks: This was posted on FB yesterday too, Target Rep on FB stated Disney GC were okay purchase. Glad to hear from someone that went today and thanks for the tip about delay. I will go after work today or tomorrow.
:disrocks:

Went to the December 1 party that was sold out. FYI crowds probably weren't bad if you are doing party items, but if you are looking to do rides good luck trying to get anything fast before 10pm. Rides were only minimal lines after Holiday wishes was completed and even then it was still long for 7DMT, Space Mtn, PP, etc. Very disappointing that they don't offer fast passes still because it ruins the magic of the night when you have to wait in line after the previous day of scoring multiple fast passes and barely having to wait in line. So if you are going to the party mostly for rides, be prepared.

Went to the December 1 party that was sold out. FYI crowds probably weren't bad if you are doing party items, but if you are looking to do rides good luck trying to get anything fast before 10pm. Rides were only minimal lines after Holiday wishes was completed and even then it was still long for 7DMT, Space Mtn, PP, etc. Very disappointing that they don't offer fast passes still because it ruins the magic of the night when you have to wait in line after the previous day of scoring multiple fast passes and barely having to wait in line. So if you are going to the party mostly for rides, be prepared.

Wow, sorry to hear that! We will prepare. I'm sure ours will sell out. Maybe we will just end up eating snacks and wandering around.

Wow, sorry to hear that! We will prepare. I'm sure ours will sell out. Maybe we will just end up eating snacks and wandering around.
Some of the less popular ones were still walk-ons, and towards the end of the night it was better, so you'll still have a great time! I just had been expecting lower wait times earlier in the evening as was a little disappointed. But the snacks, parade, fireworks, etc were all still awesome! Note: it is super important to be somewhere in front-ish of the castle for fireworks. If you try and view them behind the castle by BOG area some of the fireworks are in front of you and some are behind you. Worth braving a more crowded area for the good view!

They start meeting at 6:15 so I’d recommend lining up about an hour prior. You’ll be among the first to meet them and will be done before the party officially starts.

Thanks for the info. Hoping to hit the dwarfs, Moana and whoever we can catch in the Storybook area.

Is Main Street Mickey in holiday attire at all times or just during the party?

We're from the Pacific Northwest, so rain and temperature are normal for us, but was looking forward to sun and warm temperatures. Here, our rain lasts for hours, hoping that the Florida rain doesn't last long or isn't as hard.

Hi, I saw the notice that the Magic Express is now picking up guests 4 hours prior to scheduled departure... Our return flight is at 6:25am (yes.... but FREE using miles so we are living with it), are we going to *REALLY* be picked up at 2:30am to head to the airport? Is the ticket counters open at that time so that bags can be checked? If so, once through security will *anything* be open at that time? We are Pre Check, we don't want to be laying in the floor sleeping for hours with two kids (8 and 11). Is our best option Uber and staying in bed for another hour? If so, what time should we get picked up? Presume we'd need XL since it is 4 of us plus luggage. Thanks!

Hi, I saw the notice that the Magic Express is now picking up guests 4 hours prior to scheduled departure... Our return flight is at 6:25am (yes.... but FREE using miles so we are living with it), are we going to *REALLY* be picked up at 2:30am to head to the airport? Is the ticket counters open at that time so that bags can be checked? If so, once through security will *anything* be open at that time? We are Pre Check, we don't want to be laying in the floor sleeping for hours with two kids (8 and 11). Is our best option Uber and staying in bed for another hour? If so, what time should we get picked up? Presume we'd need XL since it is 4 of us plus luggage. Thanks!

We had a 6:00 am flight a year ago and I'll be honest it was awful. Picked us up at 3:00 am, got to airport and to the terminal pretty quick and basically we all layed on the floor and slept. Only thing open was nasty nathans hot dogs and who wants a greasy wiener at 4:00 am. Not me. We were already "Disney" tired so not a great ending to the trip. Our flight out at in three weeks is at 5:00 PM. If at all possible I would uber an hour or two later. Maybe someone on here has tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter