• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on past experience, Target classifies Disney GCs as "Prepaid Entertainment" and thus you are allowed to buy them with Target GCs. I did this last year with no issues, but have no recent experience of my own to base it on. I'll be heading there shortly to get my Target GCs and will try it tomorrow.
This exactly. I’ve done it many times with no issue. It’s only in store, however; they will not let you purchase a GC with a GC online.

Can you confirm where Jack Skellington was located? Some of the blogs are saying Storybooks circus, but last year he was over near Liberty Square.TIA!
He was in Storybook Circus in 2014 and 2015. Last year he moved to the gazebo in Liberty Square (where he still is this year).

Any idea how long a wait is to meet Jack Sparrow and whether or not he signs autographs? Probably one of the few characters my kids would want to meet at the party assuming the line isn't terrible.
Jack signs. Line up a half hour before his set is scheduled to begin and you’ll be one of the first to meet him.

How far in advance would we need to hop in line to meet the 7 dwarfs? I apologize if this question has already been addressed? I plan to go back and read al the posts but haven't had a chance to do so yet. We are attending the Christmas Party on 12/17 for the first time. Thanks in advance!

We were there for the party on 12/1. 7DMT was steady at about a 20-30 minute wait. Only character(s) we waited for was the Genie, who was with Jasmine. Probably waited a little over an hour but we rotated waiting in line and taking the kids on rides. We were able to do Haunted Mansion, Aladdin(twice), jingle cruise and pirates so that shows you how long(short)the lines were.

FYI, Astro Orbiter had the longest line by far. MDE app had the wait time at 50 minutes all night and I believe it. We didn’t ride it but when we were over there the line was crazy long.

Peter Pan was about 20 minutes or so. But it moved pretty steadily while walking through the queue.

Went on 12/1 after freaking out about it on here for a while. I shouldn't have worried. Even though it was sold out, I had a great time! I didn't ride many attractions because I had already checked them all off from 7 am opening on, but the waits seemed manageable.

I was able to snag a good spot for the parade by the Country Bears at about 5-10 before the parade started. Then I hoofed it over to Main Street (hoping to get to talking Mickey) in time to see about half of the parade from beside the tree, facing the castle. It was magical -- and I got the best of both worlds. The fireworks were a similar story - I got close to the hub, near the Adventureland/Liberty Square area and had a wonderful view of the castle with no obstructions or kids on shoulders.

All of my character waits were moderate or lighter than I expected - I checked off Jack, Nick and Judy, Scrooge and Donald, Rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen, and talking Mickey. Mary Poppins either didn't show up or was pretty late for her last set, or I would have gotten her too. No character attendant was out for her - so I felt like it wasn't going to happen.

Grabbed free treats twice at two stops (Tortuga and Pinocchio), took several of the special Photopass photos around the park, and got my Sorcerer's card. All in all, it was sooooo fabulous and made me really enjoy the Christmas party more than the last time I did it.

*Disclaimer - I was a solo traveler, so that made maneuvering easier.

Went on 12/1 after freaking out about it on here for a while. I shouldn't have worried. Even though it was sold out, I had a great time! I didn't ride many attractions because I had already checked them all off from 7 am opening on, but the waits seemed manageable.

I was able to snag a good spot for the parade by the Country Bears at about 5-10 before the parade started. Then I hoofed it over to Main Street (hoping to get to talking Mickey) in time to see about half of the parade from beside the tree, facing the castle. It was magical -- and I got the best of both worlds. The fireworks were a similar story - I got close to the hub, near the Adventureland/Liberty Square area and had a wonderful view of the castle with no obstructions or kids on shoulders.

All of my character waits were moderate or lighter than I expected - I checked off Jack, Nick and Judy, Scrooge and Donald, Rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen, and talking Mickey. Mary Poppins either didn't show up or was pretty late for her last set, or I would have gotten her too. No character attendant was out for her - so I felt like it wasn't going to happen.

Grabbed free treats twice at two stops (Tortuga and Pinocchio), took several of the special Photopass photos around the park, and got my Sorcerer's card. All in all, it was sooooo fabulous and made me really enjoy the Christmas party more than the last time I did it.

Sounds like you had a great time! I think alot of depends on the type of crowd. We have been to parties where all the character lines are crazy long but other parties they are more manageable. All depends what the crowd is wanting to do that night.

Nights with AP discounts seem to have longer character lines IMO since they tend to be a lot of the locals and those more into that then the average day person that isn't even sure what is all going on.

Sounds like you had a great time! I think alot of depends on the type of crowd. We have been to parties where all the character lines are crazy long but other parties they are more manageable. All depends what the crowd is wanting to do that night.

Nights with AP discounts seem to have longer character lines IMO since they tend to be a lot of the locals and those more into that then the average day person that isn't even sure what is all going on.

That was a night with an AP discount - because I used mine to get that whopping $4 or so off. :rotfl2:

But really, the character lines weren't bad. Maybe I just lucked out! Moana did look crazy busy and the lines behind me built very quickly.

Ugh. What are the odds. First, my spur of the moment halloween party trip gets a ton of rain, now my first Christmas party is going to get rain too. Bad luck (going to 12/8's party)

How far in advance would we need to hop in line to meet the 7 dwarfs? I apologize if this question has already been addressed? I plan to go back and read al the posts but haven't had a chance to do so yet. We are attending the Christmas Party on 12/17 for the first time. Thanks in advance!
They start meeting at 6:15 so I’d recommend lining up about an hour prior. You’ll be among the first to meet them and will be done before the party officially starts.

Ugh. What are the odds. First, my spur of the moment halloween party trip gets a ton of rain, now my first Christmas party is going to get rain too. Bad luck (going to 12/8's party)

We have tickets for the 8th also. Crossing my fingers that the showers will pass by earlier in the day — cold I can handle, but cold AND rain, not so fun! Plus, it wouldn’t be the greatest thing for my 77-year-old mom. On the bright side, maybe with rain in the forecast, the party will not sell out and crowds will be thinner. Here’s hoping!

Oh, this is such great news!!! I have been worrying so much about our MVMCP night (it's sold out as well), but I feel better now. We plan on seeing the Reindeer Wranglers show at 8:05 pm and then staying put for the parade. It sounds like we may be in luck for a good spot. Thanks for posting your report!

This will be our second year attending the party. Last year, while waiting for the 7 Dwarfs, a few of the other people waiting had brought little things to share with everyone in line. Is this a thing, or were we just lucky to have been surrounded by generous people?

I am thinking about bringing some led toys and dum-dums for my kids, and to share while waiting in line for Sandy Claus and while waiting for the fireworks to begin.

Any other ideas to help keep my kids (7 and 4) from driving everyone crazy while we wait in line?

This will be our second year attending the party. Last year, while waiting for the 7 Dwarfs, a few of the other people waiting had brought little things to share with everyone in line. Is this a thing, or were we just lucky to have been surrounded by generous people?

I am thinking about bringing some led toys and dum-dums for my kids, and to share while waiting in line for Sandy Claus and while waiting for the fireworks to begin.

Any other ideas to help keep my kids (7 and 4) from driving everyone crazy while we wait in line?

We were at the 12/1 party and the others in line had no issues with us taking the kids on rides and switching people holding our spot in line. We told them ahead of time that we were all going up as a group so they didn't think we were letting people jump in line. Worked out great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter