"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going tomorrow - it’s my first MVMCP and I’m thoroughly overwhelmed at the moment.

Say I started parking my butt for a seat for the 8:30 parade...would sitting by 7:30 be ok? It’s just my husband and I - if one of us sat with our bag and the other went tomgrab a bite to eat, is that ok?

Then after the parade, I’m guessing we’re just shuffling up Main Street towards the hub in the middle and parking there for a good view of Holiday Wishes?

Actually...ignore my question. I’m going to park my butt for the fireworks then straight after that, sit on Main St and wait for the 11pm parade.

Does the snow on Main St happen during the parade only? Was hoping to watch the parade from a different location, but we can't miss the "snow".

Actually when I was there last year they would run the snow at various times AND right after the castle lighting as well as during the parade.

Here at first party. Lines for characters are super packed as expected but a few things sadly unexpected- they ran out of cider at Pinocchio’s after we waited in a decent length line- later we went to get some Nestle Quick by the tent and they were out of that too. How do you run out of stuff on first night? Did I mention the restroom by Cosmic Rays? I’ve been to parties in the past and never had this type of experience- even on sell out nights. Still a nice night out.

No excuse for the cider, but I’d bet since Quik comes in a bottle some people went through the line a few times to snag some extra bottles for the hotel fridge.

Some friends of ours bought tickets for MVMCP and then found out they can’t go, so they gave us the tickets, but I’m not sure whether they’re linked to them in MDE or not. We have the green RFID cards - will there be any problem at the gate, if they are linked to other people? We won’t be trying to book any FP with them, just enter the party.

TIA!

They should work at the gate but your friends could reassign them to you through their mde account online.

I would ensure the MVMCP entitlement has been reassigned to you and each member of your family in MDE. If the physical cards are linked to the other profiles (which I believe you have to do when you purchase them online) I do not think it would work with your fingerprints.

You’ll be fine using the RFID cards to enter the Party. The entitlements may be linked to an MDE but won’t interfere with your park entrance. If they do require a biometric when you enter the Party, your biometric is linked to that new Party ticket.

Wanted to update in case others are in a similar situation. We couldn’t get in touch with the folks who gifted the tickets to us to resolve the MDE issue, but it wasn’t a problem at all. We arrived at MK around 5:30, tapped the RFID cards at the touchpoint, scanned our fingers and we were in! And we had a wonderful time!

Wanted to update in case others are in a similar situation. We couldn’t get in touch with the folks who gifted the tickets to us to resolve the MDE issue, but it wasn’t a problem at all. We arrived at MK around 5:30, tapped the RFID cards at the touchpoint, scanned our fingers and we were in! And we had a wonderful time!
Thank you for reporting!

New tickets have the new biometric attached to it... and good to know they are linking the biometric. 2 years ago we entered MNSSHP and didn’t need a biometric scan.

So tonight was sold out and I checked several times and 7dmt was consistently 30 min wait - honestly I think that's the lowest they post for that because minus the 7mins to walk to ride thru queue my last two mvmcp I walked on a few times.
Awesome news!

This will be our first party and I am very confused. How do you see the wait times of the meet and greets on MDE?

Fireworks Holiday Dessert - No parade viewing.

It's not listed on the Disney website. However, early on some had been advised by those above CMs that it would be. Much confusion. We had figured out that it wasn't going to be included this year, but a lot of miscommunication (calls and emails). PP still were asking a few pages back. So after triple checking several times :rotfl2:, and still hoping, NO.

If the party tickets are linked to our Magic Bands, we don't need to bring the plastic cards they sent in the mail, right? Just want to confirm since it's our first party :-)

Haven't heard much in regards to the new closing at 6 party at 7 - wondering how effective that was - @monique5 wonder how much it will impact our wristband checking when we go in December :rotfl2:

Any word on if Moana is really meeting and if so how long of a wait?! I'm going to my first MVMCP on Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter