"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve done both parties / views. Do the garden. It’s a million times better. Plus, there’s so few people, most sit in the grass, so you’re still seated. And you still get a seat on the terrace for your desserts. All tables are NOT created equal on the terrace and many have obstructed views. Every view in the garden is near-perfect. Plus, it’s cheaper!! Win-win-win!!

Thank you! It sounds like the plaza is the way to go! Out of curiosity have you done either dessert party before a party? Maybe the MNSSHP? I know last years MVMCP dessert party was different because of the reserved parade viewing so maybe this years MNSSHP is a better comparison. I’m wondering if my plan of seeing parade and then heading to the party is unrealistic?

We are going to the first party next Thursday night. We are so excited. This will be our first trip at Christmas time. I know the first party is sold out. Any idea what the crowd will be like? Will it be manageable?

Also, my dd has Celiac and is limited on what she can eat. Does anyone know if there are GF treats available?

There were GF treats last year ----gluten-free and allergy-friendly Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Cookies. WDW is good about this, so I would think they would be available this year too. There was allergy friendly treats available during MNSSHP this year.

NEWS

Disney Parks and ABC are kicking off the holidays with a sense of style this year as they announced “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration,” and “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration.”

The first holiday special, “The Wonderful World of Disney: Magical Holiday Celebration,” will air on Thursday, Nov. 30 at 9 p.m. EST.

The second, “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration,” will air on Christmas morning, Monday, Dec. 25 at 10 a.m. EST.

More details....
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2017/11/02/disney-parks-announces-holiday-specials-for-2017/

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback! Since you did this recently for MNSSHP, did you watch the first parade prior to the dessert party? I’m wondering if it’s unrealistic for us to do both the 1st parade and then head straight to the dessert party?
Sorry, I mistyped, I did the dessert party but not on a party night. The location in the garden was great but the desserts unimpressive.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback! Since you did this recently for MNSSHP, did you watch the first parade prior to the dessert party? I’m wondering if it’s unrealistic for us to do both the 1st parade and then head straight to the dessert party?
During MSNNHP the first parade was at 9:15, so it was impossible to do both the first parade and the dessert party. But I would think it would be possible at MVMCP. If you watch near the hub the parade should be past you right around 9 if running on schedule. Also, there’s no need to arrive at the dessert party right at 9 - the desserts will be replenished throughout the event and there are plenty of tables. Though we do usually head to the garden about a half hour prior to the start of the fireworks to stake out our spot (we’ve done both party and non party nights and have followed the same schedule). But I’m picky about my spot as I like to photograph. You can easily arrive later and still get a great spot....which means more time for desserts!

NEWS

FLURRY OF FUN SNACKS AT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
‘Tis the season to be hungry – this holiday season brings a merry array of goodies that are sure to have you smiling from ear to ear. To help you find everything on your wish list, I’ve put together a complete foodie guide to Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And while Flurry of Fun officially kicks off on Nov. 9, as a special surprise, these festive sweets and treats will actually be available throughout the park for you to enjoy starting on Nov. 5!
Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 8.32.01 AM.png

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...o-flurry-of-fun-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

No. OP just meant that there has been much news this week, and the 1st party is in 6D so those details are coming soon. Then the party map should be available 1-2D before 1st party.
:thumbsup2gotcha. So no confirmation on cookies and hot cocoa yet then? :upsidedow

During MSNNHP the first parade was at 9:15, so it was impossible to do both the first parade and the dessert party. But I would think it would be possible at MVMCP. If you watch near the hub the parade should be past you right around 9 if running on schedule. Also, there’s no need to arrive at the dessert party right at 9 - the desserts will be replenished throughout the event and there are plenty of tables. Though we do usually head to the garden about a half hour prior to the start of the fireworks to stake out our spot (we’ve done both party and non party nights and have followed the same schedule). But I’m picky about my spot as I like to photograph. You can easily arrive later and still get a great spot....which means more time for desserts!

Thanks!!!! Really appreciate the insight. We’ve never done either MVMCP or a dessert party so brand new to these things!

UPDATE - Sunset Seasons Greetings!

Annual Passholder Previews of Sunset Seasons Greetings to be Held at Hollywood Studios Starting This Weekend
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is hosting an annual passholder exclusive preview of their new “Flurry of Fun” on November 5th, 7th, and 8th, 2017.

The preview event takes place 8:15-9:30PM on those evenings and primarily features the all-new Sunset Seasons Greetings experience. Passholders will also have access to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Rock ‘ N’ Roller Coaster during this event. Select food & beverage and merchandise locations on Sunset Boulevard will also be available.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/11/annua...ings-held-hollywood-studios-starting-weekend/

Thanks! @rteetz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter