• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

I missed out on buying two tickets for the date they are needed. What are my chances of finding any now? It is for Dec 18th. Thanks in advance.

Doing a Solo at MVMCP on 12/13. I am wondering if I would be able to get pictures of all the characters without actually meeting them? Is it usually allowed to take pictures from the side in between guests meeting them? I know this would not work on Princesses and others inside, but maybe some of the ones meeting outside?

I missed out on buying two tickets for the date they are needed. What are my chances of finding any now? It is for Dec 18th. Thanks in advance.
Disney won't release additional tickets. You may find some on EBay or via other scalpers, but I'd be very cautious buying them that way, as you can't be sure what you're getting...

Doing a Solo at MVMCP on 12/13. I am wondering if I would be able to get pictures of all the characters without actually meeting them? Is it usually allowed to take pictures from the side in between guests meeting them? I know this would not work on Princesses and others inside, but maybe some of the ones meeting outside?
You can absolutely snap pics of those that meet outside in between them meeting with others, you'll just need to be quick!

I would just look for pictures on the internet in that case. Some of the characters are inside. It can be really difficult to get a picture in between guests because they usually move right into the next guest.

I have heard a few stories about cast members being a bit nasty to people who do this as well. You might not encounter any of those types, but it does occasionally happen.

You may already know this but this year they let the incoming party crowd use the Main Street Bypass. They started doing that at the Halloween Party this year and it makes congestion on Main Street SO much better since most of the comers & goers are split. You don't have to use the bypass as a party goer, but it's a great option.

Have fun at your party!

Thanks for reminding me! :worship: I knew about it but during the hectic last few days had forgotten! :thumbsup2 :tink:

I would just look for pictures on the internet in that case. Some of the characters are inside. It can be really difficult to get a picture in between guests because they usually move right into the next guest.

I have heard a few stories about cast members being a bit nasty to people who do this as well. You might not encounter any of those types, but it does occasionally happen.

I did not try to do this at the party, but I have been known to do it when my kids weren't traveling with me with mixed results. I try to be unobtrusive, and not get kids in my shot. I have never had a CM reprimand me. I'm sure it happens. Of course, if you are trying to get the character's attention and interact, then you should be called out.

Perhaps a fluke but we stumbled upon Nick and Judy at 8:22 and line was short. We were out of the line by 8:41!!!!

On Tuesday, we ran to Nick and Judy after watching the 2nd parade right in front of the castle hoping not to find the line cut off. There was almost no line we met them in less than 10 minutes and still had time to ride Buzz and Space before midnight.

We did this for MNSSHP. Definitely didn't last as long that night as we did for our second party, but since we knew we had 2, that took some of the pressure off! Not sure I'd recommend arrival day if it were your only party, as we like to lay low and rest up on parities days, but in your case I say go for it!

Thank you!

Last edited:
We do this EVERY time (against a lot of advice!)
But we arrive at MCO before 9 am, I put our party outfits in our carry on, and since we rent a vehicle we are at Disney waaaay before noon. (including a stop for a case of water)
We have been lucky, we've never had a delay, and our room is pretty much ready by the time we arrive.
So after we change and just chill for a bit, we head to MK in order to be in line by 3:15-3:30.
We hang on til the bitter end... (lol).
We are all adults, so no worries about the kiddos, etc.
We plan a late day the next night, this year we are going to HS and are leaving immediately after F+.
But what works for me may not work for someone else!
I think the thing I am most worried about is a delayed flight and now I see we are supposed to get snow that day yikes!

This is probably somewhere in the thread so apologies in advance...

Where do the 7D meet? If we want to line up early is the start of the line clearly marked?

We were at party this evening. We had a lot of fun and did the desert party as well. A few notes that may be helpful...

Perhaps a fluke but we stumbled upon Nick and Judy at 8:22 and line was short. We were out of the line by 8:41!!!!

We got to the flagpole by 8:47 and got waters and took a spot on the curb. Parade started very soon thereafter and view was nice. Wind blows the snoap over every now and then.

We had an emergency potty break with the kids so were a bit late getting to desert check in. They took us to our seat and we were right at the railing dead center. View was very nice even with tree blocking castle.

Deserts were fine a few quite tasty and cheese station was most popular. We liked the egg nog and happy to have coffee.

My DH was very glad we did it...to walk right up for curbside seats with no stress and sit during the fireworks. I'm not sure it should command the price it does... but it did make the night a lot less of a hassle and for a family that can't do the second parade it allowed us to get a lot in for the party.

Other news for evening...we didn't meet any other characters but did do several rides and walked on everything except jingle cruise which advertise a 30 minute wait which turned into an 8 minute wait.

Only downside was an extremely rude and grumpy man sitting in the back row of pirates using a lot of profanity to complain about the "drop" and how lame all the animatronics are...in his enormous voice. Mr. cranky pants was a big ba hum bug for our family with small children. But not a big deal at all in comparison to a lovely evening.
Sounds like mr.cranky pants needed a nap! Glad to hear the rest of the night went well and that you enjoyed the dessert party! Glad we are going.Anything to avoid long waits and crowds!

We went to the party last night 11-29 and I must say it was the best time!! After 7 pm We were able to walk on every ride with little to no wait times. The longest we waited was 15-20 min for Peter Pan. We also had great spots for fire works and the parade! I wish everyday at MK was this easy!! We did arrive at 4pm with fast passes for a few rides followed by dinner at BOG @ 5:50. After dinner we walked right onto 7DMT and rode it back to back before moving on. I would highly recommend paying for the party if you want to ride rides and have lower crowds.
That's why we're going---glad to see we are not the only group planning to skip the meet and greets to enjoy the rides!

Here's an aerial showing the Main Street Bypass - it's the pink line. A year or two ago they added a bit of decoration/theming in that area. You're still backstage but it's not as blatantly backstage as it used to be.

Also for the PP that asked about the hub "garden" area.... the one on front of Casey's is in green (West) and the one in front of the Plaza is in yellow (East). Note that these were first setup as FP+ fireworks viewing areas but they stopped using them for FPs earlier this year. They are open all of the time. Like I said before, I think a lot of folks "think" it's reserved fireworks viewing but it's not - it's my go-to spot for party fireworks.

View attachment 208464

:thanks: for posting the map!
And the bypass has absolutely NO people on it, so wow, you could save a huge amt if time depending on how crowded it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter