"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Veteran MVMCP goers! We are going to the party the middle of November- it is very important that I buy some party specific merchandise! Do I have to get them right at 7 or can I wait until the end of the night? They will be Christmas gifts. Have you found things were sold out at the end?

Veteran MVMCP goers! We are going to the party the middle of November- it is very important that I buy some party specific merchandise! Do I have to get them right at 7 or can I wait until the end of the night? They will be Christmas gifts. Have you found things were sold out at the end?
This is our first time at MVMCP. We are also attending in Mid-November. (We typically travel in the summer). I'd also love to know what types of party merchandise is available. I didn't even think about party-specific merchandise.

I have read that it is only put out at 7:00. I wish there was a way to purchase ahead of time with proof of your party tickets! I am really getting nervous about this trip- 14 from 7-65- Disney hasn't gotten the November calendar finalized and I have to do FPs in 6 weeks! I don't think they will release anything about MVMCP until a couple weeks before we go!

Just purchased our tickets for Thursday, December 8th :yay:; we'll be celebrating our 45th anniversary and DH's retirement. I thought he'd ask for a deep sea fishing trip to celebrate and boy did he surprise me when, about a week ago, he asked, "Are we going to DW anytime soon...I really want to see the Christmas decorations"! :faint: Could NOT believe it so I booked before he changed his mind. :goodvibes DD's gifted me at Mother's Day, 2015, with an all girls trip last November. That was our first time to visit during the Christmas holiday season and we were all thrilled! Attended the party last year and we were overwhelmed. :eek: I now know what to expect and am looking forward to this visit with DH. :tink:

That's great news! This will be my first time going - so what can we expect? Any advice?

We will be going to MVMCP on November 27, 2016, the night before our 11am wedding ceremony on Luau Beach! Here's hoping the kids will sleep in a little while we're getting ready in the morning :)

I have read that it is only put out at 7:00. I wish there was a way to purchase ahead of time with proof of your party tickets! I am really getting nervous about this trip- 14 from 7-65- Disney hasn't gotten the November calendar finalized and I have to do FPs in 6 weeks! I don't think they will release anything about MVMCP until a couple weeks before we go!

Don't fret Grasshopper! lol... You can make FPs for the 3pm til 6:30 ish portion of your party ticket. There are no FPs after 7 pm on party nights.
The party is wonderful and you can look at last year's party merchandisease under
[USER=532701]@CampbellzSoup
's very informative post! As well as special events. There maybe one or 2 new things, but basically it's pretty much the same events. The merchandise is sold throughout the park, so you'll have plenty of time to get some. They do not put out the merchandise until 7pm so that non party ticket holders cannot buy it. (Without a wristband guests are not even allowed to purchase anything after 7 pm - they will not be rung up.) I promise you will be able to find something absolutely special![/USER]

That's great news! This will be my first time going - so what can we expect? Any advice?

Arrive at 4 PM with a plan. DD, DGD's and I were overwhelmed. :crazy: Dinner reservation at AK delayed our intended 4-5 PM arrival and we were walking in the gate about 6:45. The crowd leaving the park was HUGE. We "wasted" 30+ minutes getting to the Castle from the entrance and then we were asking "what do we do first"? We lost a lot of time "wondering" around and "dummy me" left ALL of my notes at the WL. :faint: Moral of that story...tell another family member your "rough plan" so they can help you remember. :rolleyes1 I had a list of all the characters/locations; all the show times; refreshment locations...everything! By the time we studied the map we'd wasted more time. If at all possible eat a quick serve meal right before the party or immediately upon entering the park after your 4 PM arrival. We thought, with our late lunch, we'd be able to make it through the party without eating but were hungry around 9 PM thus wasting more party time eating. Thus year, I will not watch the first parade on Main Street. So crowded it was hard for youngest DGD to see (also lack of planning on our part, arriving for the parade 15 minutes before it began). DH and I will arrive in Frontierland 30 minutes before parade time this year. The fireworks show is spectacular and I'd also wait until later in the evening for meeting some of the characters. Lines do tend to "thin out" as younger children get tired and families leave the park. We also basically skipped the rides; we had 2 other MK days scheduled with FP's for our favorites; if a line was short (like SM was around 11 PM) we'd take advantage of it, otherwise we concentrated on party "extras". Main advice...pour over any available maps/this thread/anything available before the party. :tink:

So I have a question has everyone that has already purchased their MVMCP tickets already received them in the mail? I haven't but thought I read in some post back that others already got them in the mail was just wondering if you are supposed to or if they come closer to time.

I wish we could have done two parties last year. The only other date sold out while we were there before we decided if we wanted to go again. Main Street was a zoo during the party so I felt super rushed. We never made it beyond Fantasyland and Mainstreet and we were there for the entire party with two kids under 5!

I will be at the 11/18 party with my 5yr old. How was it with your 5yr old. What are your best tips????

So I have a question has everyone that has already purchased their MVMCP tickets already received them in the mail? I haven't but thought I read in some post back that others already got them in the mail was just wondering if you are supposed to or if they come closer to time.

We got ours in the mail a week or so after I ordered them.

Are you sure that you selected delivery by mail? The default option is print-at-home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter