"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Question....I have an AP that expires in September. Can I buy tickets at the AP rate even if I don't have an AP for our December trip?

Again as @WebmasterPete says if you're going to go anyway - don't complain. Luckily, my salary goes up so it doesn't really unplace me, but for families epically who roll 4/5 deep with sometimes one income I feel incredible sorry for you guys these consistent increase....

Again as @WebmasterPete says if you're going to go anyway - don't complain. Luckily, my salary goes up so it doesn't really unplace me, but for families epically who roll 4/5 deep with sometimes one income I feel incredible sorry for you guys these consistent increase....

At $615 for my family of 6, I don't honestly know yet if we'll be able to swing it. Can I complain until the day we actually buy the tickets? You know... just in case we end up not being able to afford it. ;)

ETA: This figure was based on what wdwnt had posted for the November 29 prices, which I believe include a typo. Our price will be closer to $580. Still high enough that we'll just have to wait and see though.

Last edited:
The tickets are now priced in such a way that there is little to no savings to remove a day if you are using a party ticket in addition to a 1 or 2 day ticket (to have 2 or 3 park days). The only way to "save money" is if you are buying no MYW tickets at all, and only entering MK with a party ticket. We are doing the MVMCP this year because we never have (did the MNSSHP the past two years). But they are pricing people out when you can just go an extra day instead, even if that is going from 1 to 2 day tickets. And they really don't want you to go to 2 parties in a year.

We had planned on taking our 6 year old daughter to the MVMCP this year while we are at Disney, but after seeing the prices, I'm considering not doing it now. Just not sure it's worth the price. Going to have to think about it for a while. We would be there during one of the last days, so the prices are higher. She doesn't know about it yet, so she won't miss it....hopefully. Really sad though. Wanted to try to do it. :(

So the date(s) i'm looking to go to are about $90 for the party with the passholder discount. OUCH. o_O

We may or may not decide to do this. I'd rather spend the $180 and go to Universal Studios for Harry Potter.

Looking at the prices does that mean they think Nov 10 Will have fewer people? I thought the 8th would be the best option. With these prices maybe we'll just go with what works best for us and not worry about the crowds.

Does anyone know if you can get a military discount for MVMCP? Wasn't going to ask, but tickets went up so much this year!

Well, need to rethink my plans. After the overcrowded party I was at last year, I said I wasn't going again. At these prices, that's a certainty.
Now, if my dd ends up working a party, while I'm there, I might change my mind. Otherwise, nope. I'll spend the time over at US/IoA.

I think they're about what I anticipated, but it was all theoretical until now. Now, with the prices staring me in the face... well, it's not quite as easy of a decision as I thought it would be. :(

I was initially prepared for a sizeable increase because of the extra hours prices. Then, when that seemed to bomb, I thought they would only go up marginally.

As another person mentioned, we're getting close to full-day ticket prices. We always buy one day less, in expectation of using MVMCP as an extra ticket. And, like you said, with real prices staring us in the face now--the decision isn't as easy anymore.

Assuming we go through with it, this will probably be our last MVMCP hurrah. :(

Yikes! I was expecting an increase but... maybe not quite that much. Hopefully this will thin out crowds?

Yikes! I was expecting an increase but... maybe not quite that much. Hopefully this will thin out crowds?

I think we'll wait until at least Thanksgiving week to purchase our tickets (going the week after) so I can see reports from the earlier events. If crowds are still way up, that may seal the deal for us. We'll just brave the non-party day MK crowds and see regular Wishes instead of the holiday ones. :(

Thinking of doing December 22 party. How busy is busy? Does anyone know how many tickets are sold per night? And if not, what would you compare a sold out party to so that I can get an idea of busy! Lol TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter