"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Not sure when tickets will go on sale, but assuming April or beginning of May. We like to buy them online, on Disney's website (logged in), and they'll link right to your My Disney Experience.

Great, thanks. Then do they send you the party bands in the mail?

We'll be there the week of the first parties and are trying to figure out which party to go to. I tend to think Tuesday may be best because Monday is the first party and Thursday is the gateway to the weekend :) I know a lot of people have changed their dates to be able to go to the first party after wine & dine. I know these days are a bit different from years past but any opinions would be great. Thanks!

Does anyone have a list of the Christmas Parties that sold out last year? Also, do most people purchase tickets ahead of time or do they wait til closer to the date or even day of to be sure the weather will be good?

I'll be there for the first week of parties. I would love to end our trip with the Friday party on 11/11. But it's veteran's day...not sure if it will be super busy (sold out). Anyone been to a party on veteran's day??

Great, thanks. Then do they send you the party bands in the mail?

Last year even though it showed up in MDE they sent WDW gift cards in the mail with a sheet about the party tickets. We were already in the MK for the day so after dinner we had to find one of the locations to check in to get the party band and the CM scanned our MBs to confirm. If you do other things that day and then arrive at the main gate at 4 there is a separate entrance where you get the party band and schedule. CMs will constantly check wrists during the night whether walking about or waiting for a parade as non party guests will try to crash.

Question-
At first I was 100% positive that we would attend the Christmas party (we've never been at that time). But then a few friends of mine suggested I skip it since only doing a 3 night stay.
We are going post cruise after a 7 night western Caribbean Very Merrytime sailing on the Fantasy.
So, given all of the events on board the ship- thoughts on if we should still do the party?
We'll be 3 nights at CR, 1 HS/Epcot day. 2 MK days..possibly 1 of those being half a day MK and AK at night (waiting on first hand reports of the experience.).

DH and I had a "planning party" as I call them last night and tackled Candlelight Processional at Epcot. Do the dining plan options tend to stay the same year to year? Obviously all I had to go on was 2015 info. We are probably going to do the package OOP since I don't want to burn up 2 TS credits. (We are already planning to do CRT, so there's already 2 spoken for). DH really wants to do San Angel for lunch. I can't believe it's only March and I'm already this excited!!

The first week of parties falls directly in the week my partner and I are in Orlando! I've been to the parties before, but never so close to the start. We've always found it manageable later in November/early December. Is the first week substantially busier than other times? We were leaning more towards maybe Tuesday the 8th or Thursday the 10th to avoid 1) first day crowds and 2) Memorial Day. Good plan, or doesn't really matter?

Question-
At first I was 100% positive that we would attend the Christmas party (we've never been at that time). But then a few friends of mine suggested I skip it since only doing a 3 night stay.
We are going post cruise after a 7 night western Caribbean Very Merrytime sailing on the Fantasy.
So, given all of the events on board the ship- thoughts on if we should still do the party?

For sure! I've done this twice, in 2013 we did the parks, including MVMCP, then a cruise; in 2014 we did the exact same, just the cruise first then the parks. I find that they're different enough to be worth doing both. Remember - you are comparing a "one-night" event with parades, fireworks, etc, with a week-long cruise that is really more Christmas theming* with a sprinkle of Christmas costumes, activities and deck parties here and there :)

*Last year was the first time I'd cruised outside of the Christmas period and it was strange hearing 'normal' Disney cruise music playing in the halls, after my only other two cruises being Christmas carols the whole time :)

If the new after hours event that's starting soon cost $150 per person. I expect the MVMCP to go up significantly, possibly over $150 per person.

Is it normal for them to announce party dates but not ticket prices? What is the usual lag time for those two announcements? We're trying to decide whether to postpone our September trip to November, but I'm waiting on pricing details to help me decide. If they go up to $150 or greater, forget about it. We'll stick with September (probably, lol).

If the new after hours event that's starting soon cost $150 per person. I expect the MVMCP to go up significantly, possibly over $150 per person.
Why? They are targeting a completely different audience for the after hours events. It is not related at all to the Holiday parties. I personally think the $150 option is a great thing for people on short trips with 1 or 2 MK days...It spreads out crowds and I doubt there will be many children 4 and under on these nights...to me- that's and attractive scenario.

I asked this in another thread, but this one is more active. We were planning on a Christmas party Sunday Nov. 20 before getting on a cruise Monday morning. Any idea why there is no party that Sunday night? Maybe they will add one?

I asked this in another thread, but this one is more active. We were planning on a Christmas party Sunday Nov. 20 before getting on a cruise Monday morning. Any idea why there is no party that Sunday night? Maybe they will add one?
They don't do Christmas parties during Thanksgiving week.

We are so excited to attend our first MVMCP! Anyone with any tips on securing a good spot to view the fireworks? How early must we claim a spot? I think we might prefer sticking around for the second parade. Our first trip to Disney was a few years ago and we never saw any fireworks (young kiddos and exhausted parents) so I have no idea what to expect. We are going the first week of Dec. I've seen the map that shows that good spots are near the hub? But how early are those spots taken? Thanks!

I am not going this year, I just wanted to come by and say I'm so jealous not to get to this year! Last year, we went to the Nov. 16(think that's right-it was on Tuesday) party. We had a blast!! The crowds were literally non existent. I'm not kidding, the only thing we waited for was Peter Pan, and the wait was about 15 minutes. I was ok with that, since we'd never experienced the new queue line before, and I loved that. I don't do thrill rides, but my daughter does and she waited around 30 minutes for 7DMT. :) The area for the Christmas Parade was thin. I was thoroughly happy and overjoyed at the experience-that was my fourth MVMCP.

Hope you all have a fun and magical time at your party :flower:

We are so excited to attend our first MVMCP! Anyone with any tips on securing a good spot to view the fireworks? How early must we claim a spot? I think we might prefer sticking around for the second parade. Our first trip to Disney was a few years ago and we never saw any fireworks (young kiddos and exhausted parents) so I have no idea what to expect. We are going the first week of Dec. I've seen the map that shows that good spots are near the hub? But how early are those spots taken? Thanks!

We will be there 12/3-12/7. I'm curious as well. And would love to hear a crowd level report on those dates.

I'm in the World Dec 17-23rd. Guess I need to get a party ticket to see Holiday Wishes, since I'm heading out on the 23rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter