"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Thanks for the answers everyone. Also do chr lines get shorter at the end of the night?

It's a gamble. Some are shorter. Some characters end at 11:30. Some characters lines (the more popular ones) shut whenever the CMs estimate that the line they have will take them until midnight to get through. So don't leave any favorites, you might end up missing them.

Any reports on waits for Scrooge McDuck? It's really the only character DH cares about meeting.

I think his line is usually 45-60 minutes. If it's the only character you care to meet, get in his line about 6:30-6:40. You'll be one of the first to meet him when he comes out at 7 and you won't waste any party time waiting.

Trying to find current information on meeting times for sandy claus. is it permenently earlier than it used to be? TIA

Next Thursday (December 8th) will be my first MVMCP ever, but how does this sound for the evening? We have some FP+'s reserved. We have no ADR's. We don't care so much about meet and greets. I will also be PROPOSING this evening. Ahh!

04:15 - FP+ Mine Train
05:00 - FP+ Peter Pan
05:45 - FP+ Space Mtn
06:30 - Frozen Holiday Wish (or 8:15)
07:00 - Dinner, Treats, and PROPOSAL
10:00 - Holiday Wishes
10:30 - Most Merriest (or 7:40)
11:00 - Parade
11:35 - Totally Tomorrowland (or 8:30)

Next Thursday (December 8th) will be my first MVMCP ever, but how does this sound for the evening? We have some FP+'s reserved. We have no ADR's. We don't care so much about meet and greets. I will also be PROPOSING this evening. Ahh!

Where's dinner? The Plaza is walk-up only...no ADR needed..not to expensive...AND that's where we are eating that night! We could cheer you on!

Where's dinner? The Plaza is walk-up only...no ADR needed..not to expensive...AND that's where we are eating that night! We could cheer you on!

Honestly not sure about dinner yet! Been so focused on other things...we have ADR's our other 2 nights on property. Now you have me thinking...

Not trying to take the thread off topic, but thinking the wishing well. Does anyone know if this area is open during the party? How lighting is? How busy is it at that time of the day?
Can't you wait until the 11th, lol???
Last year DGS proposed at CRT the night of our party!
It was perfect!
Have a wonderful trip, and I'm sure a ton of Disers will be cheering you on!
Sparkle on!

This restaurant is walk up only on Christmas Party nights? How long would we expect the waits to be do you think?
Walk up for dinner always now. Not sure how waits have been since this change, but would love to know myself if anyone has any first hand experience!

SO FPs have to be 1 hour apart. These times don't make sense. The last one has to end at 6:30 or it will be canceled. So if these are your FP window reservations, you need to adjust to 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:30. If these are your targets for arrival and riding, they look good to me. But I would check in Touring Plans and see if the app thinks this is enough time between them. It should be.

I wouldn't expect a perfect view of Holiday Wish if you are coming from SM that late. Josh at EasyWDW recommends watching from midway back into the hub (i.e. higher rather than closer) in order to get a good view. I also think the 8:15 would have fewer guests if the view is a priority.

His advice also applies for Holiday Wishes and Most Merriest. For Most Merriest I would definitely do the one right before or after wishes. NOT the 7:40. Too crowded.

I think leaving that big gap for food, treats and proposal is a good idea. Have a plan for the food and proposal and let the rest be spontaneous in that time. There is a list somewhere that has closing times of the food options. Be sure to plan accordingly.

Plenty of seats available in Town Square after that 10:30 show if you go that route. Plan time to stroll down Main St in the snow at some point. After Wishes was a great time.

Not trying to take the thread off topic, but thinking the wishing well. Does anyone know if this area is open during the party? How lighting is? How busy is it at that time of the day?

Dunno if it was open. The bridge on that side from the Hub to Mad Tea Party was beautiful with a perfect view of the icy castle all lit up. And there was a Photopass photographer there after the 8:15 lighting. Not sure if he was there all night. Didn't walk down the wishing well path but surely it was open. Couldn't say about lighting at the well.

We walked by the wishing well during MNSSHP and it was open, but the area was very dimly lit. Though the castle wasn't covered in icicle lights that night, which may help brighten up the area during MVMCP.

I would check the FP+ times since they can't overlap; besides that I have no advice since it's our first party too...but wanted to say congratulations and good luck on the proposal!!

This restaurant is walk up only on Christmas Party nights? How long would we expect the waits to be do you think?
Hmmmm...checked another review website...very mixed reviews. Seems like the waits aren't too bad in the afternoon, but one reviewer said they waited 1 1/2 hours for dinner. Yikes! We might need a plan B.

Last edited:
Trying to find current information on meeting times for sandy claus. is it permenently earlier than it used to be? TIA
We'd like to know as well. Is he meeting earlier and at what time does he start now? My DS wants to meet him so we need to work him in the schedule as well as Nick and Judy for DD. Thanks.

:yay: We'll be there too on Dec. 8th! Good luck on your proposal and congratulations! pixiedust::santa: :tink:

By any chance, can anybody post ingredient lists for the cookies this year? I can have butter, but other forms of dairy don't agree with me. I'm not gluten free, and not overly fond of the brand being offered, so I'd rather skip the alternative cookies if its an option.

And if any of the treats are diabetic friendly, I'm sure my husband would be very interested to find that out too! We've already bought our tickets and are looking forward to making the event in a few weeks. Seeing Disney World for the holidays has been on my bucket list for a very long time and I want to enjoy as much of it as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter