• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

Is it frowned upon for me to get in line for seven dwarfs while the rest of the family goes on rides?

The line is open so it is easy to access. Lots of people have one family member wait while the rest of their group does other things. You'll be fine.

Does Duffy meet at the xmas party? I thought I saw somewhere that he does...but it's probably just wishful thinking.
I believe he is gone from WDW; he left Epcot last month. People reported last night that he wasn't on the float with Mickey and Minnie.

Is it frowned upon for me to get in line for seven dwarfs while the rest of the family goes on rides?
I have no problem with someone holding a spot for others in an open line, especially when it's not moving! We have done this in the past, or traded off with the kids, and have not been alone! I do, however, try to make sure we get in line together initially so folks around me know I'm not alone. This way they aren't angry when all of a sudden the rest of my party comes walking up at the end. After waiting together for a while, I'll suggest that DH takes the kids here or there, so that the folks around me know they will be coming back.

Thanks to everyone for the live updates from the first party!!! We will have just landed at MCO 3 weeks from right now....getting so excited!!

For those of you attending the early parties, can you please continue to update us on when Sandy Claws and the princesses with their princes start their M&Gs? Would be great if they both continue to start prior to 7 pm!

Also, did the dwarfs or the ducks start meeting prior to 7 last night?

Thanks again - and hope everyone has a magical time!!

We will be there 3 weeks from tomorrow! Where will you be staying?

I have no problem with someone holding a spot for others in an open line, especially when it's not moving! We have done this in the past, or traded off with the kids, and have not been alone! I do, however, try to make sure we get in line together initially so folks around me know I'm not alone. This way they aren't angry when all of a sudden the rest of my party comes walking up at the end. After waiting together for a while, I'll suggest that DH takes the kids here or there, so that the folks around me know they will be coming back.

I have no problem with someone holding a spot, but if it is a large group (and more than just kids) I'd have an issue with each person wanting an individual picture and/or one-on-one interaction with the character.

I have no problem with someone holding a spot, but if it is a large group (and more than just kids) I'd have an issue with each person wanting an individual picture and/or one-on-one interaction with the character.
Agreed! That would really get my blood boiling! We usually only take 1 or 2 photos regardless, so I don't feel bad about all of us not holding the spot the entire time, as we don't take any additional time at the front of the line.

ETA: I'd expect a group of adults could all handle the wait! I'd never do this without the kids!!

Agreed! That would really get my blood boiling! We usually only take 1 or 2 photos regardless, so I don't feel bad about all of us not holding the spot the entire time, as we don't take any additional time at the front of the line.

ETA: I'd expect a group of adults could all handle the wait! I'd never do this without the kids!!

Most of our character pictures are only the kids unless the interaction started to push for an adult, like C&D called me over to be part. The only exception was Goofy - I had to have my own picture with him :goofy:

We are thinking of doing something similar. Two adults, two teenagers, and a three year old. We will all pop into line and then likely send the teenagers and 3yo to go eat, while we stay in line, then swap out with the teenagers while we go eat and bring the 3yo with us then too. That way he gets his every half hoir potty break, we all get to eat, and the people around us don't have to wait an incredibly long time next to a crabby 3yo. Lol
After we eat the teenagers might go off to charge their phones again. But there will always be at least two of us in line, and really we just want one big picture of all 5 of us with the dwarves so its not like we will fool the line into thinking it's just one person when in reality we take ten different photos.

Had I gotten the fast pass I wanted, The plan was to get our child swap tickets, and send group B to the dwarves line, while group A rode. Then swap A/B in line and that way we are in a little earlier while knocking out that last FP but it wasn't meant to be.
As it stands now, we have Space at 330-430, Thunder at 430-530, and Barnstormer at 530-630 so we won't be getting in the Dwarves line until after 6pm. Hope it isn't too bad.

How were the crowds in Fantasyland early in the evening vs later? Or should I ask again after another party that doesn't get rain, lol?
I am still thinking that while it would be most convenient for my touring plan to knock out Fantasyland before the shows, that it might be a more efficient use of time to knock out Adventureland while all the little kiddies are in Fantasyland who will likely leave after Wishes, and then head that way myself after the second parade.

Thanks for the party info updates!! That is very helpful as I think about what my family may want to do. We will be at the party on Nov. 20th for the first time. My husband and I are excited, but my girls have no idea....don't even know about our trip!!

Just curious, what does "open line" mean? I'm guessing that just means you're not inside a building going back and forth through all the roped-off aisles? Is is still an actual line?

I'm glad to hear that it's okay to hold a place in line for the characters. I just want 1 family group shot with the dwarfs...but it would be nice to send the teens off with the little kids to do something else while hubby, myself, and maybe our 4-year-old hang out in the line.

Fast passes tomorrow! (ok, well midnight Wed morning, but that's basically Tuesday in my mind) Only 30 days out because it's just a quick side trip... and not trying for A&E or 7DMT so I'm sure I don't *actually* need to do it at midnight, but the kids have Wed off anyway so I can sleep in and it's more fun this way!

Just curious, what does "open line" mean? I'm guessing that just means you're not inside a building going back and forth through all the roped-off aisles? Is is still an actual line?

I'm glad to hear that it's okay to hold a place in line for the characters. I just want 1 family group shot with the dwarfs...but it would be nice to send the teens off with the little kids to do something else while hubby, myself, and maybe our 4-year-old hang out in the line.
Yes, the line is outside and not winding between ropes.

Fast passes tomorrow! (ok, well midnight Wed morning, but that's basically Tuesday in my mind) Only 30 days out because it's just a quick side trip... and not trying for A&E or 7DMT so I'm sure I don't *actually* need to do it at midnight, but the kids have Wed off anyway so I can sleep in and it's more fun this way!

I started my 30 day FP+ on Friday and did 3 days of MK but didn’t get lucky at all for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train L Hoping that it won’t be too long of a line the night of MVMCP so we can get on. These 30 days are so hard. Everyone I know who did 60 days got it

New here! I've been combing through this thread like crazy today! We're going to the MVMCP on 11/20 :santa::mickeyjum:mickeyjum:santa:

One answer that I can't seem to find (possibly missed it on the 91 pages!), but will Santa only be there at the start of the party at 7 p.m. like the other characters, or will he be there at 4 p.m. when the park opens? Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter