*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

SSR 5/4-5/14

I'm joining the thread late in the game this trip. We're staying at SSR, May 4th to 14th. We booked a 1 bedroom preferred this trip. It's our first time staying preferred at Saratoga Springs. We're celebrating my 50th birthday. It will be mostly hubby and I this trip, but with an extra guest on each end of the trip. The first few nights a friend my husband works with will be staying with us. Then my MIL will be flying down on the tail end of our trip. This will be her first trip to Disney and Florida.

I just booked our ADRs this morning, Wolfgang Puck, Crystal Palace, Sebastian's Bistro, Story Book Dining, Boathouse, Homecomin', and 50s Primetime Cafe. I also grabbed 1900 Park Fare, but I'll wait until the menu and prices are released to make that final decision on that one.

Menu

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...park-fare-foodie-guide-reservations-now-open/

That's a great idea! We went to Food and Wine one evening - on a weekend - and I totally knew better. We made a quick circle and headed right back to the skyliner. I was thinking the last day/Memorial Day combo could be the same situation! Thank you!

I'm in the same boat... that is the day we planned for Epcot, when we planned F&G to run well past that date!
It'll be my and my teen son. Our focus would actually be rides, and maybe more of the World stuff, not necessarily F&G booths. We'll just have to hope for the best I think. We'll be at CBR so we can skyliner there and back if it is unbearable.

I'm in the same boat... that is the day we planned for Epcot, when we planned F&G to run well past that date!
It'll be my and my teen son. Our focus would actually be rides, and maybe more of the World stuff, not necessarily F&G booths. We'll just have to hope for the best I think. We'll be at CBR so we can skyliner there and back if it is unbearable.
We are at Pop, so we could do the same. Our focus would be F&G, so I am super torn! I thought about going ahead and using one of our 4 PH days and just taking a resort day Wednesday. We have tickets for "Drawn to Life" that evening, plus there is an AH at HS. So many decisions!! (I am loving it, though! HaHa!! 82 Days!!)

Is anyone doing any after hours or Extended hours events? I booked a throw away room on points at The Dolphin so we could do the Extended Evening Hours on Wednesday May 8th. Trying to figure out a plan of attack since I've never done it. The only After Hours while I'm there is Epcot which doesn't seem worth it. I've done Magic Kingdom before and it was great, but Epcot seems very limited.

Is anyone doing any after hours or Extended hours events? I booked a throw away room on points at The Dolphin so we could do the Extended Evening Hours on Wednesday May 8th. Trying to figure out a plan of attack since I've never done it. The only After Hours while I'm there is Epcot which doesn't seem worth it. I've done Magic Kingdom before and it was great, but Epcot seems very limited.
We are owners at Beach Club and we definitely prioritize attending Deluxe Extended Evening hours at both Epcot and Magic Kingdom. My DD loves riding certain rides over and over and that can be very difficult during the day, must easier during those extended evening hours.

We’ll likely stay a little late in Epcot on Monday the 13th, dh’s conference starts the next morning so I doubt we’ll stick around till 11.

Wednesday the 15th is the day ds & I are doing the 4parks challenge, our plan is to end in MK so we’ll probably stay till we drop….hard to say if that’ll be 8 or midnight 😆 Looks like we have 7 Magic Kingdom attractions on our list plus I’d love to nab a 6pm VQ for Tron.

Definitely going to extended evening hours (5/6, 5/8, 5/13). We do seem to get more done at Magic Kingdom extended evening hours, but we do both parks. Be sure to get that 6pm virtual que for Tron. #1 tip for MK extended evening is to either not watch fireworks, or watch at the very edge of the hub where you can make a quick exit. You DO NOT want to be swimming upstream when the fireworks end. Even though they will divide the crowd into those swimming upstream and those swimming downstream the crowd is crazy going either direction.

Last edited:
My ADR window opens on the 20th. Super excited for that! We did book the Hollywood Studios After Hours Event for May 22nd. We LOVE after hours events! Anyone else going to an after hours event?

Has anyone heard about May dates for the Celebration at the Top party? The dates only seem to go through 4/21 and they’re not consistent….theyre not every weekend or the same days. I’m hoping for Sunday the 12th (mother’s day) 🤞🤞

Hi friends! Joining this group after we decided on a whim yesterday to book a May trip. Well let me tell you what actually happened. My husband told me that he had been laying awake at 5am thinking about how we need to go back one more time while our daughter is still free and obsessed with Mickey. He thought it was only until her second birthday (which is this August). I did correct him and say we have a whole extra year until her third birthday, but luckily he was still down to book a trip this year! We just did a huge trip in Dec ‘23 where we brought my 70 year old mother-in-law for her once in a lifetime trip, so we’d have to keep this one a little more low key. And then I snagged an awesome DVC reservation for the hypothetical dates I was looking at so it just seemed meant to be. And thennnn my husband was like “maybe we should think through this a little more…” uh well, too late honey, the room is booked! 🤭

Dates: 5/16-20 (never been to F&G so I’m stoked about that!)
Staying at BWV (never stayed in the Epcot resort area before so I’m thrilled!)

ADR is this Sunday! Eek so soon! We’re going to make this a Mickey-focused trip for the little one. She loved Chef Mickey’s in December so I plan to do that again, and probably Cape May too since we’ll be staying so close.

Even pending the removal of 9mm kidney stone didn’t stop me from getting the ADRs we wanted this morning!

… well only one is tough to snag (SCI-Fi) but it’s also the only one the kids requested so it was the most important!

Even pending the removal of 9mm kidney stone didn’t stop me from getting the ADRs we wanted this morning!

… well only one is tough to snag (SCI-Fi) but it’s also the only one the kids requested so it was the most important!
Boo on the kidney stone, but YAY on the ADR! Good luck on getting it removed, so you can heal for May!

ADR is this Sunday! Eek so soon! We’re going to make this a Mickey-focused trip for the little one. She loved Chef Mickey’s in December so I plan to do that again, and probably Cape May too since we’ll be staying so close.
Remember that Mickey isn't at Cape May Breakfast, it's the rest of the Fab 5. Mickey IS at Garden Grill inside the Land pavilion in Epcot though - highly recommend!

Remember that Mickey isn't at Cape May Breakfast, it's the rest of the Fab 5. Mickey IS at Garden Grill inside the Land pavilion in Epcot though - highly recommend!
Oh that’s right, thanks for the reminder! She loves the rest of the Fab 5 too so it should be fine although Garden Grill is also a good option and we’ve never done that one! Decisions, decisions…

Our ADR window opened today for at least the first part of our trip. I was pretty successful in getting what I wanted which hasn't been a problem in the past so I wasn't too stressed. The only reservation to elude me was Space 220 lounge but I was expecting that.

Most definitely subject to change: :laughing:

Tues 5/14 Arrival day - Rosa Mexicano (D) There was a choice between Josh Lindsey's, Terralina, or Ale & Compass which is our regular go-to on arrival day when staying at BW. To my surprise, DH voted for Mexican.
Wed 5/15 - Jungle Skipper Canteen (D)
Thu 5/16 Narcoosses
(D)
Fri 5/17 Space 220 Restaurant (L/D)
lots of availability for the restaurant so now I have to decide between lunch or dinner.
Sat 5/18 Toledo (D)

Oh, Brother! I'm already moving things around...ADRS STILL TO BOOK:

Sun 5/19 Yachtsman Steakhouse (D) - Nomad Lounge (L) no ressie
Mon 5/20 Flying Fish (D)
Tue 5/21 Raglan Road (L)
Wed 5/22 Trattoria al Forno for breakfast. I'm planning on Three Bridges for dinner.

NO RESSIE
Thu 5/22 Barcelona Lounge, Cafe Rix, or El Mercado for breakfast - since it's an early departure day. :car:

Last edited:
Our ADR window opened today for at least the first part of our trip. I was pretty successful in getting what I wanted which hasn't been a problem in the past so I wasn't too stressed. The only reservation to elude me was Space 220 lounge but I was expecting that.

Tues 5/14 Arrival day - Rosa Mexicano (D) There was a choice between Josh Lindsey's, Terralina, or Ale & Compass which is our regular go-to on arrival day when staying at BW. To my surprise, DH voted for Mexican.
Wed 5/15 - Jungle Skipper Canteen (D)
Tue 5/16 Terralina
(D) - I wanted a night at DS and DH loves his chicken parm at least once a trip since I never make it at home because I have to be careful about too much red sauce.
Wed 5/17 Narcoosees (D)
Thu 5/18 Toledo (D)

ADRS STILL TO BOOK:

Mon 5/20 Flying Fish (D)
Tue 5/21 Raglan Road (L)
Wed 5/22 Trattoria al Forno for breakfast. I'm planning on Three Bridges for dinner.
Thu 5/22 Barcelona Lounge, or Cafe Rix, or El Mercado for breakfast - since it's an early departure day.

I was able to get everything I wanted today also, with the exception of Space 220. Even after I had to re-book the 2nd half of our trip because I missed a day, who is awake enough at 6am????

5/14 - Summer House (new for us)
5/15 - Topolinos (new for us)
5/16 - Via Napoli
5/17 - Round Up Rodeo (New for us)
5/18 - Skippers Canteen
5/20 - Ale & Compass (new for us)

5/19 is up in the air, it is our AK day and right now they are slated to close at 6pm. I am hoping that hours are adjusted to stay open later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter