*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

I just booked my birthday trip the 13th -17th. I'm pretty excited. We're doing a laid back trip, just MK and on other park.. Do we know if MK will be open later? Or will most likely close at 9pm during the week?

Yay!! What did you get??
San Angel Inn, Jungle Navigation, Yak & Yeti

My group wasn't in the mood to try anywhere new or adventurous this time around but, hey, that's ok with me. I feel like we might be popping over to Flower & Garden a few times during our stay so keeping things low-key and chill.

I just booked my birthday trip the 13th -17th. I'm pretty excited. We're doing a laid back trip, just MK and on other park.. Do we know if MK will be open later? Or will most likely close at 9pm during the week?
How exciting!

I tend to rely on Touring Plans for updates but it looks like the 13th is the only date finalized so far. However, there's an After Hours event in Magic Kingdom that evening. On a positive note, it looks like there's relatively low crowd levels projected for your dates :blush:

How exciting!

I tend to rely on Touring Plans for updates but it looks like the 13th is the only date finalized so far. However, there's an After Hours event in Magic Kingdom that evening. On a positive note, it looks like there's relatively low crowd levels projected for your dates :blush:
We typically go in early February, so I'm excited to be going when it will be a warmer, and hopefully not too crowded.

Booked our ADRs this weekend! We got pretty much everything we wanted for the times we wanted (we are a party of 6 which made some things more challenging, but overall super happy with what we got)! It's myself, DH, DD (5 yrs), DD (2.5 yrs), and then my parents the first half of the trip and my in-laws the second half.
  • Space 220 Restaurant (just for my parents, they wanted the lounge but couldn't get one there)
  • Shiki-Sai Sushi (they had so many times for parties of 4 and under, but absolutely nothing for 6 so we did two reservations, one under my name and one under my parents, one for 4 and one for 2 - hopefully we can get seated close)
  • Coral Reef Living Seas
  • Woody's Round Up
  • Oga's ( we've done it twice before, but had to do it since it'll be May 4 )
  • Storytime Dining with Snow White
  • Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Ohana
Woody's Roundup and Storytime dining will be firsts for us (and CRT for my girls), so always excited to try new things!

And scheduled a 'My First Haircut' and regular hair cut for my girls at the Harmony Barbershop ☺️

58 days to go!

Booked our ADRs this weekend! We got pretty much everything we wanted for the times we wanted (we are a party of 6 which made some things more challenging, but overall super happy with what we got)! It's myself, DH, DD (5 yrs), DD (2.5 yrs), and then my parents the first half of the trip and my in-laws the second half.
  • Space 220 Restaurant (just for my parents, they wanted the lounge but couldn't get one there)
  • Shiki-Sai Sushi (they had so many times for parties of 4 and under, but absolutely nothing for 6 so we did two reservations, one under my name and one under my parents, one for 4 and one for 2 - hopefully we can get seated close)
  • Coral Reef Living Seas
  • Woody's Round Up
  • Oga's ( we've done it twice before, but had to do it since it'll be May 4 )
  • Storytime Dining with Snow White
  • Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Ohana
Woody's Roundup and Storytime dining will be firsts for us (and CRT for my girls), so always excited to try new things!

And scheduled a 'My First Haircut' and regular hair cut for my girls at the Harmony Barbershop ☺️

58 days to go!
sounds like great selections! How exciting!

I don’t think I’ve ever joined one of these monthly threads before but my family gets sick of hearing about all my Disney plans so I’ve started to do most of the planning on the dl and pretend like we’re just winging it 😆.

Anyhow, ds13 & I are tagging along on dh’s work trip the week of May 11-18, we’re staying at the YC (actually we’re flying the day before/after and staying offsite, so we have a full 7 days). Dh has work Tue/wed/thur. Ds & I are doing a 4park challenge on Wed. Beyond that we have no set plans. We do have to make park reservations since we’re using conference tickets.

Can’t wait to read about y’all’s plans.

I don’t think I’ve ever joined one of these monthly threads before but my family gets sick of hearing about all my Disney plans so I’ve started to do most of the planning on the dl and pretend like we’re just winging it 😆.

Anyhow, ds13 & I are tagging along on dh’s work trip the week of May 11-18, we’re staying at the YC (actually we’re flying the day before/after and staying offsite, so we have a full 7 days). Dh has work Tue/wed/thur. Ds & I are doing a 4park challenge on Wed. Beyond that we have no set plans. We do have to make park reservations since we’re using conference tickets.

Can’t wait to read about y’all’s plans.
I feel you there! My DH is not interested in hearing any plans (plus the element of surprise and awe is one of the reasons he's coming!). My DS will listen and give input but to a limit... So happy to share my ideas here and learn about others too!

Ugh. I need opinions to help me decide: We are arriving Memorial Day, May 27, the last day of Flower and Garden. We could get there in plenty of time to hit Epcot by 1:00 or 2:00. Would it be worth upgrading to a 5 day PH from our 4 day PH to make it to the festival? I am afraid it might be insane being a holiday AND the last day, but I do love that festival! I am super torn. It would be about $140ish total for me and my DD. Our original arrival day plan was to have a resort day and hit CBR and Riviera - both of which we have never visited. Thank you for your thoughts!

Ugh. I need opinions to help me decide: We are arriving Memorial Day, May 27, the last day of Flower and Garden. We could get there in plenty of time to hit Epcot by 1:00 or 2:00. Would it be worth upgrading to a 5 day PH from our 4 day PH to make it to the festival? I am afraid it might be insane being a holiday AND the last day, but I do love that festival! I am super torn. It would be about $140ish total for me and my DD. Our original arrival day plan was to have a resort day and hit CBR and Riviera - both of which we have never visited. Thank you for your thoughts!
You can always upgrade when you get there, so I'd wait, get to your hotel and check wait times. If they're through the roof then I'd stick to your original plan since you know it's gonna be mad crowded.

You can always upgrade when you get there, so I'd wait, get to your hotel and check wait times. If they're through the roof then I'd stick to your original plan since you know it's gonna be mad crowded.
That's a great idea! We went to Food and Wine one evening - on a weekend - and I totally knew better. We made a quick circle and headed right back to the skyliner. I was thinking the last day/Memorial Day combo could be the same situation! Thank you!

Headed down May 4th-12, staying at the lovely Wyndham Bonnet Creek. No definite plans yet besides DHS on May the 4th decked out in my finest Spaceballs attire. Hoping the weather is warm, but not too hot yet.

Not sure what dates, but is anyone interested in sharing a fireworks cruise during the week?
We are there the 5th-12th. Would possibly be interested!

If you have access to the app and rides are a must that day, I would upgrade and purchase Genie+ for Epcot only and start stacking LL. You can always modify the return time for a later time using the modify option.

Is anyone arriving the last weekend in May and if so what day do you plan on going to Epcot for F&G? We arrive Friday the 24th, so we have Saturday, Sunday or Monday (Memorial Day) as our options.

SSR 5/4-5/14

I'm joining the thread late in the game this trip. We're staying at SSR, May 4th to 14th. We booked a 1 bedroom preferred this trip. It's our first time staying preferred at Saratoga Springs. We're celebrating my 50th birthday. It will be mostly hubby and I this trip, but with an extra guest on each end of the trip. The first few nights a friend my husband works with will be staying with us. Then my MIL will be flying down on the tail end of our trip. This will be her first trip to Disney and Florida.

I just booked our ADRs this morning, Wolfgang Puck, Crystal Palace, Sebastian's Bistro, Story Book Dining, Boathouse, Homecomin', and 50s Primetime Cafe. I also grabbed 1900 Park Fare, but I'll wait until the menu and prices are released to make that final decision on that one.

Last edited:
SSR 5/4-5/14

I'm joining the thread late in the game this trip. We're staying at SSR, May 4th to 14th. We booked a 1 bedroom preferred this trip. It's our first time staying preferred at Saratoga Springs. We're celebrating my 50th birthday. It will be mostly hubby and I this trip, but with an extra guest on each end of the trip. The first few nights a friend my husband works with will be staying with us. Then my MIL will be flying down on the tail end of our trip. This will be her first trip to Disney and Florida.

I just booked our ADRs this morning, Wolfgang Puck, Crystal Palace, Sebastian's Bistro, Story Book Dining, Boathouse, Homecomin', and 50s Primetime Cafe. I also grabbed 1900 Park Fare, but I'll wait until the menu and prices are released to make that final decision on that one.
Happy 50th! No better place to celebrate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter