***Official May 2023 Thread***

Impromptu trip next week! Staying at SSR for the first time. We were going to do CR CL, but figured it was such trip, no need to pay a fortune on a room.

8 days and I am still searching for the “perfect” crossbody/ Fanny pack ! And I keep looking to change times for 2 of my adrs. Haven’t started the packing piles yet but that is next. I always pull out everything I might want to pack then try and pare it down as I am packing.
I use Vera Bradley cross bodies. I have a great small one that has a long strap and carries phone, CCs, etc. They have bigger ones, too, plus some official Disney designs.

Is it crazy that I've already started packing and we still have 29 days to go?!

I almost always am packing a month out 😂 or at the very least I am in the pre-packing stage. I'm gathering supplies, planning my and my kids' travel wardrobes, figuring out what they might still need. We're 11 days out now and I just packed the kids' suitcases over the weekend, haven't started on ours, and I feel like I'm slacking!

And speaking of packing, seriously one of my favorite parts of traveling is planning my vacation wardrobe. I'm really leaning into the colors this time around, lots of bright florals and tropical vibes 🌴🌺 🌞

What is everyone planning on wearing this time around? Do we have any bounders? I sort of unintentionally wound up with the ingredients for a great Ariel bound, but at my age (pushing 40, here), I'm wondering if I actually have the guts to pull it off.

And speaking of packing, seriously one of my favorite parts of traveling is planning my vacation wardrobe. I'm really leaning into the colors this time around, lots of bright florals and tropical vibes 🌴🌺 🌞

What is everyone planning on wearing this time around? Do we have any bounders? I sort of unintentionally wound up with the ingredients for a great Ariel bound, but at my age (pushing 40, here), I'm wondering if I actually have the guts to pull it off.

I wore a literal honest to god tiara with my Tiana outfit on my 40th birthday dinner at CRT a couple of years ago. The only comments I got were overwhelmingly positive and started before I even got out of the Grand to get over to the park. :)

Touring Plans sent our Poly request this morning, I asked for Samoa. Just trying to avoid construction noise.

Same, we have 27 here. We've started doing the vacation shopping and the mad tinkering with plans lol
Good to know I'm not the only one that keeps moving everything around!

We're going with bright colors this time around too and florals even down to our flip flops and shoes. We lived an hour away from Disney for 7 years and now that we've moved over 12 hours away, we see how much we didn't appreciate being so close. We used to just go with whatever we found first in the closest but now I carefully plan everything for all of us! Drives everyone insane but they appreciate my insanity once we get there.

I didn't start wearing Minnie ears and Loungeflys until a couple years ago and I am pushing 50. Do what makes you feel happy (and comfortable)!

My son is bounding as Captain Rex from Clone Wars and I think his GF may do Ahsoka. I got some new Princess Leia ears and may spend even more money (!) on her Hoth Loungefly I have been eyeing. But seriously, y'all, I have spent SO much on souvenirs for this trip and we aren't even there yet.:oops:

I also have theme outfits (and ears) for each park!

I don't truly "bound"...I more tend to lean towards outfits in the color schemes of the characters in athletic apparel. So one year I had layered blue and red tanks with yellow shorts for Snow(I'm actually wearing it in my profile pic) and a purple and red tanks layered with turquoise shorts for Ariel. I actually am not doing anything like that this time...no idea how that happened 🤷‍♀️ 🤣

My problem is I order all kinds of themed stuff in preparation:
2 tumblers
4 shirts
Vera Bradley large tote, crossbody, and backpack
Igloo Mickey & Friends cooler
Daisy Duck visor
Minnie crocs

I won't have any $ for actual souvenirs 😂

I wore a literal honest to god tiara with my Tiana outfit on my 40th birthday dinner at CRT a couple of years ago. The only comments I got were overwhelmingly positive and started before I even got out of the Grand to get over to the park. :)
I LOVE this! I feel like if there is anywhere to be a little extra, it's Disney!

I don't truly "bound"...I more tend to lean towards outfits in the color schemes of the characters in athletic apparel. So one year I had layered blue and red tanks with yellow shorts for Snow(I'm actually wearing it in my profile pic) and a purple and red tanks layered with turquoise shorts for Ariel. I actually am not doing anything like that this time...no idea how that happened 🤷‍♀️ 🤣

This is usually me, too. I do wear ears but I tend toward understated Disney-themed stuff. Like instead of a Rapunzel bound I'll do a Snuggly duckling tank and Rapunzel ears. I like the kinds of graphic t-shirts that are more, IFKYK. I also wear that stuff more at home. I've never done a true BOUND. I'm not sure if my Ariel-inspired outfit would really qualify - it's more just a combination of colors plus LM ears.

My problem is I order all kinds of themed stuff in preparation:
2 tumblers
4 shirts
Vera Bradley large tote, crossbody, and backpack
Igloo Mickey & Friends cooler
Daisy Duck visor
Minnie crocs

I won't have any $ for actual souvenirs 😂

Um, same. Stuff for me, stuff for my kids. Plus for some reason I always feel like vacation warrants a refresh. Like it's the perfect time to finally replace to old socks and update my wardrobe 😂

I LOVE this! I feel like if there is anywhere to be a little extra, it's Disney!

This is usually me, too. I do wear ears but I tend toward understated Disney-themed stuff. Like instead of a Rapunzel bound I'll do a Snuggly duckling tank and Rapunzel ears. I like the kinds of graphic t-shirts that are more, IFKYK. I also wear that stuff more at home. I've never done a true BOUND. I'm not sure if my Ariel-inspired outfit would really qualify - it's more just a combination of colors plus LM ears.

Um, same. Stuff for me, stuff for my kids. Plus for some reason I always feel like vacation warrants a refresh. Like it's the perfect time to finally replace to old socks and update my wardrobe 😂
That’s what I’ve been doing all morning! We’re all getting new socks and underwear 🤣

Anyone else building droids or lightsabers? I was curious to see if those experiences were still available for our dates, and they are! Have enough people already done them that the demand has gone down? Or maybe the price hikes are working and people are deciding not to do it. We haven't been to GE yet, so that is why we are building all the things this time.

Anyone else building droids or lightsabers? I was curious to see if those experiences were still available for our dates, and they are! Have enough people already done them that the demand has gone down? Or maybe the price hikes are working and people are deciding not to do it. We haven't been to GE yet, so that is why we are building all the things this time.
My brother in law is...he had lots of times to choose from when he booked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter