***Official May 2022 thread***

My wife and I will be returning for our 1 year anniversary! Staying offsite, arriving late 4/29, in the parks 4/30-5/6, and heading home 5/7. We only had four days last time before jetting off to Mexico for part 2 of the honeymoon so we’re really looking forward to a little more breathing room this trip!

We’ll also be bouncing over to Universal on 5/3 for my first visit there - mainly for Harry Potter but gonna try our best to get everything else we can crammed into that one day.

Anyone starting booking dining? Our 60 days is coming up soon. We're going to try for Oga's, Storybook Dining at Artist Point and either CRT or BOG.

I was able to secure two late night Oga’s reservations and a BOG lunch easier than I thought I would be able to. 5/4 was a complete loss for DHS but I expected that and we’re planning to hop on other days for the Oga’s we did get. Offsite so I had a week’s worth of early mornings. The only things I specifically searched for daily and never saw were Sci Fi and Space 220, we didn't look for CRT or Storybook.

I was able to secure two late night Oga’s reservations and a BOG lunch easier than I thought I would be able to. 5/4 was a complete loss for DHS but I expected that and we’re planning to hop on other days for the Oga’s we did get. Offsite so I had a week’s worth of early mornings. The only things I specifically searched for daily and never saw were Sci Fi and Space 220, we didn't look for CRT or Storybook.
We're on site and those are at 60 +5 and 60 +6 days. Oga’s is 60 +4. I tried to plan dining near the end of our trip. I'm also nervous about getting Covid mid-trip and ruining the end of the trip and figure indoor dining is probably the most risky part.

We're on site and those are at 60 +5 and 60 +6 days. Oga’s is 60 +4. I tried to plan dining near the end of our trip. I'm also nervous about getting Covid mid-trip and ruining the end of the trip and figure indoor dining is probably the most risky part.
If it makes you feel better, I was there during the holidays and New Years. I did everything including dancing in a large crowd for NYE celebrations. It was really crowded and none of us got sick. I am vaccinated with the booster though. Hopefully all goes well again in May.

I got Oga’s my first try and that’s never happened before. It’s an early morning time, but those end up being fun and it’s a vacation so drinking at breakfast is ok 😋🥂.

If it makes you feel better, I was there during the holidays and New Years. I did everything including dancing in a large crowd for NYE celebrations. It was really crowded and none of us got sick. I am vaccinated with the booster though. Hopefully all goes well again in May.

I got Oga’s my first try and that’s never happened before. It’s an early morning time, but those end up being fun and it’s a vacation so drinking at breakfast is ok 😋🥂.

That does help me feel better. I also saw a poll that said most people didn't get Covid at Disney. My youngest is under 5 so we won't know if he'll be able to get at least a first dose before we go.

We'll be there April 30-May 7! We'll be staying off-site, but suuuper excited!! This will be my 2nd time to WDW but we'll be taking our friends who will be there for the first time :)

Arriving on-site May 15, started thinking about dining. When I realized several reservations I wanted were at DS, I got on Open Table and reserved the Boathouse, Raglan Rd, and City Works. Boathouse wasn't available on my first choice date but it was a few nights later.

May 5-15 with a vow renewal (20th) at Seabreeze point followed by reception at the attic. Cant wait!
Got lucky and scooped up every ADR we wanted. Had a specific order from reading a few sites on what goes first and it seemed to work.
Stressful night waiting for the morning. We had a little disney magic or luck.
Space 220 was top of our list since we haven't tried it so we booked a lunch at the lounge and a dinner in the dining room. Lots of other fun ones (we hope)
One thing that did help the stress was booking a few through open table in disney springs since you can book them well over 60 days in advance and most times were open

May 5-15 with a vow renewal (20th) at Seabreeze point followed by reception at the attic. Cant wait!
Got lucky and scooped up every ADR we wanted. Had a specific order from reading a few sites on what goes first and it seemed to work.
Stressful night waiting for the morning. We had a little disney magic or luck.
Space 220 was top of our list since we haven't tried it so we booked a lunch at the lounge and a dinner in the dining room. Lots of other fun ones (we hope)
One thing that did help the stress was booking a few through open table in disney springs since you can book them well over 60 days in advance and most times were open
Sounds lovely! Is the attic that room above Jellyrolls? We stayed on that floor once and peeked inside when they were getting it ready for an event.

Traveling May 7-14th... Staying at POP our 3rd trip with the kids after a cancelled DL trip in May 2020... Hoping a few more things open up/resume before the trip... Excited to try out the skyliner.

ADRs went pretty well, but couldn't get Space 220 for 5/9, but that's that challenge of hitting Epcot so early in our trip. I'll keep watching the alerts and hopefully some magic will happen :)

Things will be different from our last trips, but we'll still make it magical.

I was able to get my ADRs.

50's Prime TIme
Topolino's Character Breakfast
Coral Reef
Space 220
Oga's Cantina

...The only issue I am having is with Park Passes. I hate them. I have an Annual Pass, my girlfriend hasn't been able to due to the pause. It's causing all sorts of issues, not just having to do them twice. I'm going to have to cancel some of mine and redo them because I think I did them as a Pass Holder and not as a hotel stay, so I can't book anymore. I think Disney really should just get rid of them.

I was able to get my ADRs.

50's Prime TIme
Topolino's Character Breakfast
Coral Reef
Space 220
Oga's Cantina

...The only issue I am having is with Park Passes. I hate them. I have an Annual Pass, my girlfriend hasn't been able to due to the pause. It's causing all sorts of issues, not just having to do them twice. I'm going to have to cancel some of mine and redo them because I think I did them as a Pass Holder and not as a hotel stay, so I can't book anymore. I think Disney really should just get rid of them.
I agree. In fact I got a survey a couple weeks ago and answered that I was not a fan of park passes. I was very nervous about my April trip. I had made my passes based on my AP and my husband's tickets. Then, there was a chance we weren't going to be able to get a hotel at my husband's convention site so I booked Pop as a back-up. Now we've secured the convention hotel and so I canceled Pop. I was so afraid all my park passes would go away as a result and there's no availability left that week. So far my reservations are still there but I'm nervously checking every day. Just an added level of unnecessary stress.

We will be in the World May 28th - June 3rd. Staying offsite. Party of 9 with 6 family members being first timers. Please send us prayers and good vibes!!!:rainbow:

For those who have been able to start booking reservations at this point, has anyone had success with Savi's Workshop? This is the one thing that is a must do for my BIL and we've kind of been looking just to see what's available and we never find anything! Even first thing when reservations drop. We actually need 3 reservations if possible. I was worried about securing some dining but hadn't even thought about having an issue with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter