***Official MAY 2015 Thread! Come check in!***

We'll be at the Grand Californian May 4-9 for our daughters SWEET 16th Birthday. We are so excited! Lots of sadness and loss for us the past two years. This will do wonders for their happiness levels (Which, in turn, will do wonders for ours!)
If I knew how to invite you all for an impromptu birthday party... I would! :-)

New comer to the Dis but excited to be here! We'll be in the parks from May 5th through the 13th! This will be our longest trip to date. The "We" is myself (31), my DW Sarah (29), our DS "E" (3), and our 2 DD "E&J" (4 months and 15 months). This will be my 8th trip, my DW and my 6th trip together, DS 3rd trip, DDJ 2nd trip and DDE 1st! We are from WA State and we live on an Island about 60 miles north of Seattle. We will be staying @ the Camelot Inn in a family suite. Oh! My sister "H" and her boyfriend "E" will also be joining us. "H" will be there for the entire trip and "E" will be joining us for only a few days.

New comer to the Dis but excited to be here! We'll be in the parks from May 5th through the 13th! This will be our longest trip to date. The "We" is myself (31), my DW Sarah (29), our DS "E" (3), and our 2 DD "E&J" (4 months and 15 months). This will be my 8th trip, my DW and my 6th trip together, DS 3rd trip, DDJ 2nd trip and DDE 1st! We are from WA State and we live on an Island about 60 miles north of Seattle. We will be staying @ the Camelot Inn in a family suite. Oh! My sister "H" and her boyfriend "E" will also be joining us. "H" will be there for the entire trip and "E" will be joining us for only a few days.
I started a Trip Report if you want to check it out!

We are planning for the 20th and 21st for my nephew's birthday on the 22nd. We are not sure where we will stay.

Apr 28-May 5 for us. First time staying on property, PPH concierge lvl. Five of us - DH, 45. Me, 44. DD, 14 going on 21. DS, 8 and DS, 7. Four days in parks, one day Universal. Soooo excited!

We're coming the 18-23 with a group of about 350. :scared: My daughter is dancing in DCA on the 22nd. Here's hoping the park doesn't hit capacity!

I will be there May 22-24th. Hilton Convention Center for now. Can't wait!

We'll be arriving Sunday, May 17 after a drive from up North. We have APs so we'll spend a few hours at DCA on Sunday. Planning to see some shows etc. and have a low key day. Then Monday we'll be starting off with Fantasyland fun. Bummed because Peter Pan was supposed to be opened by then, but looks like it may not open until the end of our trip. We're leaving Thursday evening, May 21. We have no desire to hang out for the 24 hour party with our little kids. We're staying at the Desert Inn and Suites across the street. Been there once before and the walk is nice.

We will be there May 28th - June 1st; staying at the GCH! We talked my mom into taking another trip ( she had decided that our trip last Oct would be her last). I'm so excited to see the 60th Anniversary celebration! It will be my mom, my 8 yr old daughter, and myself. There is a very good chance my brother will be joining us also. I certainly hope so, as it was his idea to talk mom into this little adventure!

I'm joining in after planning a last-minute trip! I've actually just gotten home from a long stay at the DLH (3/27-4/4) with my DGD so I'm feeling pretty spoiled going back again so soon. :) I've been talking to my BF for a while about taking a short trip with just the two of us, and then the AP hotel discount offer popped up, so we're going. But, this time will be completely different because it will be the first time I've gone on an adults-only trip. It's going to be just me and my BF, and he hasn't been to DL since he was a kid so we're going to do all of the fun adult stuff that I've always wanted to do and that he's never done. He's not a theme park person AT ALL. He has absolutely no interest in it, but he really wants to see the GCH and see how much DL has changed since he was a kid, and he's never seen DCA. He's leaving all of the planning up to me, so I've booked us at the GCH from 5/25-28, and we're going to do the Chef's Counter at the Napa Rose; WoC dining at Carthay Circle; Fantasmic! dining at Blue Bayou; and a nice breakfast at Steakhouse 55. We'll also go on the Art of the Craft Tour at the GCH and I've booked him a special surprise spa service at Mandara. We'll get to see the new 60th anniversary fireworks and parade too. We'll hit all of the major rides and visit the Cove Bar and Trader Sam's. I'm dying to see the results of the Peter Pan refurbishment so I'll either do that alone while he's at the spa, or I'll twist his arm to come with me. :) He's excited to do the major rides but I don't know how he'll feel about Fantasyland.

It's so different planning this trip because usually I'm completely kid-focused. Usually my greatest joy is watching my DGD6 at the parks, seeing everything through her eyes. That's what makes everything magical for me. So I'm wondering how this trip with just my BF is going to feel. Maybe I'll be supplying the magic this time and he can see everything through my eyes. :)

I've also set up a trip report, and I am eager for any feedback or advice, since the trip hasn't happened yet

We are there 22-26 May staying at GCH. So excited as it's first trip back for DS and DH in 6 years and DS will be celebrating his 11th birthday on 25 May. We are from Sydney, Australia. The last 3 years we've done WDW, so will be great to be back at DLR, it's my favourite. I was lucky to have a quick trip there last October for a work conference, I still can't believe they said a Disney freak to Disneyland for WORK!!

This trip also includes several U2 concerts for me (LA and Phoenix), some time in Seattle and Vancouver and what I am sure will be the highlight, DCL Alaska on the Wonder. Our 3rd DCL trip, but definitely the one I am most excited about.

Are there any planned meets for the May visitors? Or if anyone has a DS around 11yo and wants to hang out, PM me.

I'll be there from May 2 to 6 at BWPPI. Going solo as the rest of my family had to get back to work! Still extremely excited. It's only my 2nd trip to Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter