• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

Your best bet is to look at Touring Plans historical calendars to get an idea of what they've done in the past. It's never a guarantee they'll do that again, but it's a good guide.

The good thing about park hours extending is it always means more FPs come available, so you can modify or add ones you couldn't get before.
Yeah, last year that time was when MK hours shifted from 9am to 8 am for spring break season, so that’s what I’m thinking might happen. With spring break being more spread out this year it’s hrder to predict,though. AK was having early hours pretty much nonstop last winter/spring, it looks like this fall they cut those back so I’m not sure what to expect there either.

I’m thinking our trip is long enough I should be able to get all my FPs, but yes, we took advantage of the hours change to get our FOP last trip, it was a nice bonus!

With our trip being just being me, my wife and our 3 year old son I don't have to worry about FPs for the big roller coasters this time. I would like to see how my son does on the Barnstormer ride. I measured him at 36 inches but I am going to double check tonight. Big rides for us right now are going to be Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise and the Haunted Mansion.

Hi everyone! I am so excited my family and I are going to Disney for Spring Break! We bought early morning magic for Toy Story Land and Fantasy land. So, now I need help from ya'll, since I will be at Magic Kingdom during spring break, where is the best spot to scope out the fireworks. I am okay with getting somewhere early and waiting.

Got my FPs booked. Everything went smoothly this time! I am relieved.

Slinky was available on 60 + 3 in the afternoon, but nothing before that. I didn't need to book it, but checked to give you guys an update.

No morning FP for FoP on 60 + 4, but plenty of afternoon times. I really wanted 9am, but oh well! Just glad I got it at all.

7DMT was available for both of my MK days (60 +1 and 60 + 2) plenty of times available.
Great to hear :) Crossing my fingers for tomorrow morning :)

We were able to get FOP for 3/4, but no luck on SDD for any days. Since we will have 3 park days for the onsite portion of our stay, I went with MK, HS and then AK. Did morning times for HS that way we can switch to epcot for afternoon into evening if wanted and have the same option for AK day :)

Overall, Fastpasses went well!

Couldn't get SDD for our first HS day (3/4) but got one just fine with tons of other times to spare on our second day (3/8).

FOP was no problem, managed an early afternoon time on 3/5 and a morning time on 3/9. Tons of times for River Journey too.

Lots of availability for Mine Train and Peter Pan, but didn't bother using a FP on either since we're doing both EMM and DAH at MK.

Didn't have any problem getting Frozen at Epcot either.

Now I'm going back to sleep. :daisy:

I'm still adjusting my FP+s.

I have a question: I have a FP+ for Turtle Talk. If there is a long line for The Seas with Nemo, can I just enter through the gift shop?

Exciting to hear all the FPs being booked!

I’m tinkering with my plans today in preparation for Friday booking.

I really like how I have everything laid out except for my main AK day, and I can’t figure out a better way to fit it in. I don’t want to do it I need the first few days because I’d like a good shot at getting FOP roughly when I want it. So that leaves:
Saturday March 9,morning EMH—currently 8 am but possibly moved to 7. I have this scheduled as a sleep in day with a DHS evening (fingers crossed for night time SDD)
Sunday March 10– currently my Epcot day, we have the FEA party booked that evening. I like the idea of doing illuminations after the time change so my kids might be able to stay awake for it.
Monday March 11–morning EMH, and after the time change so it will feel an hour earlier. This had been my plan until I thought about the time change and possible 7 am EMH.
Tuesday March 12–last day at WDW so probably a half day, late start because packing up, etc.

I’m thinking we’ll change our Epcot plans up a bit...we have hoppers after all, maybe we do AK that morning then Epcot in the evening? And then do a day at Epcot on the 11th instead? What’s a few ADRs to change. :)

Also trying to figure out where to cram in some more Epcot time to hang out in WS and check out flower and garden, but that likely doesn’t impact FPs so I’ll play with that once everything is booked.

Ok guys I am ready to share my plans pre-tinkering :D

3/1--late late arrival. Check into POP and SLEEP.
3/2--Head to MK by 9:30--activate APs--Crystal Palace breakfast 10:30am --BTMRR 12:20, PP 1:20, 7DMT 2:25-- head to HS for After Hours
3/3---MK --Mickey & Minnie 10:20, BTMRR 11:40, 7DMT 12:45, HEA dessert party
3/4--AK --FOTL 9:30, Rhino Tour 11am, Safaris 12:05, FoP 2:05 (might hop to MK later if they extend park hours)
3/5--Epcot--Garden Grill 8am --Frozen 9:15, Spaceship Earth 11:40 --back to POP to catch the Tragical Express

I like the way things look right now and there isn't much to change on such a short trip.

Talked the wife into heading down one day early. I have been looking and looking at off site hotels. Between parking fees and resort fees it was crazy expensive. I took a chance and found a one night room at the shades of green.

Using Touringplans to help plan my days now that I have my FP's . Only entering our top choices and then will adjust while in parks. Thoughts on my AK plan ? upload_2019-1-1_12-8-38.png

Checking in -
Staying March 4-9 @ All Star Sports.
Family Senior Trip for my daughter- excited that fastpasses are 2 days away!

Talked the wife into heading down one day early. I have been looking and looking at off site hotels. Between parking fees and resort fees it was crazy expensive. I took a chance and found a one night room at the shades of green.

We are having the same problem. I ended up booking the Drury Inn. My only concern is the traffic the next morning when we head to ASSp to check in. But for $89.00, I couldn’t beat it!

Plans pending any further tinkering:

3/2: Arrival Day, flight gets in around 4 so I booked a late dinner ADR at Beaches and Cream (our first time there, so I'm excited)

3/3: Magic Kingdom, starting bright and early with EMM. Originally I had a PPO at BOG on this day but I figured that EMM had more benefit since we get more rides and breakfast vs just breakfast and getting a jump on Mine Train. Then, we have FPs for Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Pirates before lunch at The Crystal Palace.

3/4 HS/Epcot: I always sandwich these two together since they're both half day parks for me. FPs in the morning/early afternoonf for Midway Mania, Rock n Rollercoaster, and Star Tours. Then, we'll probably take a break before heading over to Epcot that night for our Garden Grill dinner (first time there) and whatever FPs we can scrounge up.

3/5: Animal Kingdom. FPs for the Safari, Everest, and FOP. Now my dilemma here is that there's coincidentally a DAH at the park this same night. On the one hand, it might be overkill to do DAH in a park you did that morning. On the other, we loved AK so much on our last trip and i really love the idea of walking on to the Pandora rides all night. If I decide to do it we'll definitely take a long afternoon break before coming back for the night. Decisions, decisions.

3/6: I figured by this point we'll need a rest day so I have nothing planned for the morning and made a few FPs at MK for the afternoon. Also have a lunch res at Liberty Tree Tavern (another first for us).

3/7: Starting off with Epcot in the morning since they have an EMH that day. Planning on hitting Test Track at RD and then FPs for Frozen, Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space. Side note, I really hate the tiers at Epcot. I'm also planning on us taking some time to explore the Flower and Garden festival in the afternoon. Then, we'll take a break before heading to MK for DAH.

3/8: Second go at HS with our Slinky Dog FP, as well as RNR and Star Tours again. Torn about what to do after that, might go back to MK in the afternoon but I'd also like to come back to HS that night and see fantasmic.

3/9: Closing out our last park day with AK in the morning and then our storybook dining ADR at 4. Kind of early but I wanted to have time to go back to another park to close things out that night. Hopefully they extend some park hours.

3/10 Leaving bright and early :(

I'm happy with how things are looking, and I like having the luxury of taking longer breaks and going at a slower pace since we have 7 park days and a few extra events like EMM and DAH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter