***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

Y'all, airfare from Dallas to Orlando is RIDICULOUS this year. For 2nd week in March I could not get it below like $3800. :confused3 I tried a variety of times, going a night early, Love Field vs DFW, even thought about driving to Austin. Finally, someone on FB suggested looking at Tampa (only 1.5 hours from Orlando) and WHEW, that worked. $2600. We still have to go Thursday night instead of Friday (oh darn) but even with renting a room in Tampa and car rentals for transport, it's a savings. AND we can go to the grocery store on the way in. So WHEW. Also, getting 2 1-day car rentals from National was the same price (or less) than getting a car service.

So, moral of the story - if airfare costs are making you :sick:, check Tampa.
Just looked on Southwest for that week. Wow those are expensive! I bet it's because of spring break The first week of March is dirt cheap . They have a flight leaving Tuesday night March 5 for $81 at 830pm non stop

Y'all, airfare from Dallas to Orlando is RIDICULOUS this year. For 2nd week in March I could not get it below like $3800. :confused3 I tried a variety of times, going a night early, Love Field vs DFW, even thought about driving to Austin. Finally, someone on FB suggested looking at Tampa (only 1.5 hours from Orlando) and WHEW, that worked. $2600. We still have to go Thursday night instead of Friday (oh darn) but even with renting a room in Tampa and car rentals for transport, it's a savings. AND we can go to the grocery store on the way in. So WHEW. Also, getting 2 1-day car rentals from National was the same price (or less) than getting a car service.

Ya airfare is cray cray! I’m coming from same area too and I cannot stomach the price so we decided to make the GAWD awful drive. I’ll be better prepared next time. Miss the days of $79 tickets though. I’ll take a look at other cities again. It’s been awhile since I did that. Glad it worked out for ya! 8-)

Just looked on Southwest for that week. Wow those are expensive! I bet it's because of spring break The first week of March is dirt cheap . They have a flight leaving Tuesday night March 5 for $81 at 830pm non stop

Yep, I agree! Southwest is my go to. I thought about changing my dates to around the 5th but didn’t want to take kids out of school for that long. And the return flight would be expensive unless I went to the 19th! So disappointing.

42 days and counting! For anyone interested I just posted my PTR for our trip in the trip reports section. Title is:
2 newbies, 2 veterans, and a SURPRISE!

Happy planning everyone!

Oh wow that is ridiculous! I’m not sure if they fly from Dallas or not but if so check out Frontier airlines. For 4 of us leaving from Philadelphia at 8:05 am on March 10th and return flight on March 16th at 5:45 pm it was $1200 total including bags. And non stop flights as well.

No Frontier, only Spirit, and by the time you add in all the add-on charges for bags etc, it wasn't any better (and the ratings on those flights are awful.) I'm not thrilled with $2600 but it's better than $4000, for sure.

We've done that drive and my kids said ABSOLUTELY NOT to doing it again - it's about 17 hours. I would do it, but nobody else would. And we'd have to leave a day early to get back in time for school on Monday - bad enough we're missing Friday now. (Classical academy and they are NOT going to be pleased about that.)

#yaytampa

Wow! I’m extra grateful for my $378 tickets from Oregon the second week of March, now. Ouch!

Well I am sitting here at work with no motivation to do actual work, SO I will post my plans AGAIN now that they are finalized. I really don't have anything to tweak. I went in to mess with FPs and found that I am actually pretty happy with them!

3/1--late arrival to MCO. Get to POP and sleep!

3/2--Hoping to arrive at MK by 10am to activate our APs. Our FPs are BTMRR --12;10, PP --1:15, 7DMT--2:25. Will ride whatever we can and snag whatever FPs we can before heading to HS at 5pm. We'll be eating at Baseline and meeting the Pixar characters before After Hours starts.

3/3--MK --first FP is at 10:20 for Mickey and Minnie, so we can sleep in a bit. Then we have BTMRR --11:40 and 7DMT--12:45. We'll ride what we can and then we have the dessert party that night. I'm REALLY hoping they extend the park hours this day.

3/4--AK all day. Hoping to arrive by 8am to take advantage of the EMH so we can ride NRJ. FP--FOTLK--9:30, Safaris--12:05pm, FoP --2:05. Rhino tour at 11am. We never spend the entire day there, but we hope the weather is great and we can do some exploring! Want to eat at Flametree!!

3/5--Epcot--Garden Grill 8am--FEA--9:15am, Figment (lol my kid insists on having this)--10:15, Spaceship Earth--11:40am- either head back to POP for DME or take a Lyft not sure!

I find short trips so much easier to plan!!!
Your plans look great and you have several special things too with DAH, HEA dessert party and Rhino Tour.
Love exploring AK and so much easier to do in March when it's not blisteringly hot!

So I was super excited for all of about 30 seconds...I saw there was a DAH at AK! Then I saw they are having one every week in March except the week we will be there :guilty: Anyone know why the week of March 10th they will not be doing one?

Or Melbourne! It’s a tad closer than Tampa, but not much. Not sure if any US discount airlines fly there, but Porter flies there from Toronto so it’s a good option for Canadians. (Prices weren’t particularly great when I looked for March, but I’ll be checking them again next time we go—and they often have great seat sales!)

Teacups -- do I need to FP that one? Just found out our 4yo son loves to spin! My husband and i will draw straws for this ride lol.

With everything going on trying to open our new store I forgot to buy Animal Kingdom tickets. So when the fastpass window opened I was out of luck for anything at Animal Kingdom. I fixed it but by then all the FoP FP's were gone. Disheartened at my mess up but it is what it is. I am just glad to be under 60 days because I really need a vacation!!

With everything going on trying to open our new store I forgot to buy Animal Kingdom tickets. So when the fastpass window opened I was out of luck for anything at Animal Kingdom. I fixed it but by then all the FoP FP's were gone. Disheartened at my mess up but it is what it is. I am just glad to be under 60 days because I really need a vacation!!
Keep checking one may open up as plans are finalized

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter