• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
Yeah, I see times for the first few days but nothing for the whole week we're going to be there. From March 4 to 10, I cannot find a single reservation available for lunch or dinner, and because I thought that was so weird for our party of 5 I even tried party sizes of 2 and 4 as well. So now I'm wondering if anyone has ADRs during that week or if there's something going on that they just aren't available. It seems so implausible that if we were arriving one night earlier or staying a couple days longer we'd have our choice of times, but that one week just happens to be booked solid.
That is strange. Probably will be announcing something soon... or maybe they'll all open up?

Weird! I checked Open Table and there's nothing available on there for that week either.

Yeah, I tried that too. I have a Touring Plans reservation finder set up to alert me if something opens up but I'm also watching the boards for rehab rumors. I have Boma as plan-B right now but I'm not real thrilled with it (just don't like buffets) so I have that one day's worth of plans to continue tweaking to pass the time before we leave. :rotfl:

I just decorated one of my bands today...we are doing a split stay so getting another one soon! I'm fighting a really bad cold right now, so trying to recoop. Glad I'm sick now instead of on the trip. A blessing in disguise!

I just decorated one of my bands today...we are doing a split stay so getting another one soon! I'm fighting a really bad cold right now, so trying to recoop. Glad I'm sick now instead of on the trip. A blessing in disguise!
What are you using to decorate it?

I can't wait for mine to get here! I'm only painting one this year because I ordered lanyard medallion holders for my girls from Etsy - Figment for DD9 and Black Widow for DD16 - but I'm doing a Star Wars design on mine.

I couldn't help myself and had my personal Disney shopper (AKA MIL who lives in Orlando) pick me up one of the limited edition Aladdin magic bands. I am SO excited! :cloud9:

Yeah, I see times for the first few days but nothing for the whole week we're going to be there. From March 4 to 10, I cannot find a single reservation available for lunch or dinner, and because I thought that was so weird for our party of 5 I even tried party sizes of 2 and 4 as well. So now I'm wondering if anyone has ADRs during that week or if there's something going on that they just aren't available. It seems so implausible that if we were arriving one night earlier or staying a couple days longer we'd have our choice of times, but that one week just happens to be booked solid.

I have lunch ADR for both March 9th and March 10th. I booked by reservations in October and at the time there was lots of lunch spots to choose from. I didn't search for dinner so I don't know if that was available.

I would say to keep trying. You could still snag one!

I have lunch ADR for both March 9th and March 10th. I booked by reservations in October and at the time there was lots of lunch spots to choose from. I didn't search for dinner so I don't know if that was available.

I would say to keep trying. You could still snag one!

Thanks! Maybe it is just getting more popular. I suppose it couldn't stay a hidden gem forever.

I am going to keep trying. In the meantime, I booked Maya Grill for dinner... I figure CSR can't be more than a 15 minute Uber from AK and that restaurant is the one thing I was going to miss about not staying there this time, so it'll be a nice out-of-the-park dinner break without spending too much time on transportation.

Yeah, I tried that too. I have a Touring Plans reservation finder set up to alert me if something opens up but I'm also watching the boards for rehab rumors. I have Boma as plan-B right now but I'm not real thrilled with it (just don't like buffets) so I have that one day's worth of plans to continue tweaking to pass the time before we leave. :rotfl:
How about Jiko??

How about Jiko??

I thought about it, but I'm not sure I want to take the time for a signature dinner since we do plan to go back to the park for the evening entertainment and a closing-time FP for Flight of Passage. Plus it would mean I had every dining credit accounted for and I don't like doing that; I usually leave one per person free in case someone wants to grab a quick CS meal late-night or during one of the longer gaps between ADRs.

But I think I'm happy with my current plan-B - Maya Grill, which I totally forgot was as close as it is to AK until I forgot to filter by location and it came up in my search results. The kids love less Americanized Mexican food, and only one of them has been there with me in the past so the other three are excited to try it.

27614788-3564-448D-9E91-7D9359947895.jpeg 27614788-3564-448D-9E91-7D9359947895.jpeg
What are you using to decorate it?
This is what I did with this one...just nail stickers and clear polish. It would have been easier to do if i could have taken the middle out but even with my smallest tool i couldnt do it. Im going to see if my SIL can get the other one out. I may still add a small pink bow to the Mickey head.

View attachment 299548 View attachment 299548
This is what I did with this one...just nail stickers and clear polish. It would have been easier to do if i could have taken the middle out but even with my smallest tool i couldnt do it. Im going to see if my SIL can get the other one out. I may still add a small pink bow to the Mickey head.
Oh wow! I really like that! I’ve never thought about decorating them before. I’m not super artsy at all.

View attachment 299548 View attachment 299548
That looks fantastic! Great job! I never thought of nail stickers but I have some little Tinkerbell ones I might try. Thanks for the idea! Being from Canada we don't get our MB ahead of time but I just packed nail polish last trip and we decorated them on our arrival night. That's the plan this trip as well.

I'm a little disappointed because we got our magic bands today and the luggage tags are missing. One side of the box looked like it had been ripped open so I'm assuming they fell out. I'm calling Disney to see if they can send us new ones. Not Disney's fault, but definitely the fault of the postal service not taking care of our items...

Leaving tomorrow for a training at Universal with a couple days at Disney thrown in first :goodvibes Excited I get a little fix before our March trip!

I'm a little disappointed because we got our magic bands today and the luggage tags are missing. One side of the box looked like it had been ripped open so I'm assuming they fell out. I'm calling Disney to see if they can send us new ones. Not Disney's fault, but definitely the fault of the postal service not taking care of our items...
I believe they only come with package reservations, so if you have a room only reservation (purchased tickets elsewhere), you may not have them.

*Someone correct me if I am mis-remembering this!*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter