• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
I'm so excited, does anyone know when we'll be getting more info on Flower and Garden? Like, what food there will be, exhibits, etc? Okay, mostly the food. :bitelip:

I'm so excited, does anyone know when we'll be getting more info on Flower and Garden? Like, what food there will be, exhibits, etc? Okay, mostly the food. :bitelip:

LMAO I wish I knew! I am waiting for the food menus with bated breath! When I went to food and wine I had carefully budgeted everything by going through and making a list of all of the items I wanted to try....I devoted a whole afternoon just to planning for F&W. Looking forward to similar fun for this trip :)

Hey everyone! Very excited for my first March trip! My brother is currently in the Disney College Program this semester and I'm gonna be going down to see him (and I'll be booking my hotel as soon as he has access to the family discounts). Pumped to be there for my first Flower and Garden Festival.

Any weeks/days you guys would recommend to avoid in March that are historically more crowded than usual?

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Very excited for my first March trip! My brother is currently in the Disney College Program this semester and I'm gonna be going down to see him (and I'll be booking my hotel as soon as he has access to the family discounts). Pumped to be there for my first Flower and Garden Festival.

Any weeks/days you guys would recommend to avoid in March that are historically more crowded than usual?
Congrats on your first Flower and Garden Festival! It's totally incredible!

I would personally say the earlier in March, the better. I know a LOT of schools will be on spring break March 18-25. Basically, the closer to spring break + Easter, the more crowds you get.

I agree with the PP that the earlier in March the better. We go at the end of February into the first week in March and it works out well for us.
LMAO I wish I knew! I am waiting for the food menus with bated breath! When I went to food and wine I had carefully budgeted everything by going through and making a list of all of the items I wanted to try....I devoted a whole afternoon just to planning for F&W. Looking forward to similar fun for this trip :)
I honestly didn't know food was such a big deal at F&G. We've seen the festival the last two years, but we just walked around WS looking at the topiaries. Can you use snack credits for most of the things they offer?

I agree with the PP that the earlier in March the better. We go at the end of February into the first week in March and it works out well for us.

I honestly didn't know food was such a big deal at F&G. We've seen the festival the last two years, but we just walked around WS looking at the topiaries. Can you use snack credits for most of the things they offer?

I'm not sure about that. I will say that I think they expand the food options every year and each year it becomes more of a mini F&W...

Fast passes are booked! Still trying to do a little tweaking on a couple things, but overall I am happy!
Yeah, we've been trying to tweak here and there once the new hours were posted. We still don't have the ideal situation on a couple of days, but overall very happy with what we do have.

Yes, you can. In the past, all non-alcoholic items have been snack credit eligible.

I haven't seen this year's menus yet, I don't think they're out yet. But they don't seem to change a whole lot from year to year so you can check out this site to get a feel for what the offerings are like: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017-...tival-outdoor-kitchens-menus-and-food-photos/

Does anyone on this thread that is going the first full week of March happen to have an ADR at Sanaa? I'm trying to tweak our AK and check-out days, and for some reason there is NOTHING available at Sanaa on either day which seems to defy logic. So I did some playing with the search and found there's a stretch of 7-8 days where there isn't a single ADR for any party size at any meal, which got me thinking maybe there is a not-yet-announced closure coming up during our stay.

Does anyone know the best way to get from pop to grand Floridian for an 8:05 am breakfast?

Bus to MK and then boat to GF (will be 1st stop if it's running). Or bus to MK and take resort monorail to GF (will be last stop). But check the times guide before to see when resort monorail starts.

I'm feeling very successful this morning as I scored a CRT breakfast reservation for 4 for March 25! It's not for me..as I've mentioned on the thread someone else is so very kindly taking me along on this trip and someone in the party had requested that they would LOVE this breakfast but didn't know how competitive it was to get a reservation. I feel like I've done something helpful/kind for my hosts and am therefore in a great mood this morning :)

Does anyone on this thread that is going the first full week of March happen to have an ADR at Sanaa? I'm trying to tweak our AK and check-out days, and for some reason there is NOTHING available at Sanaa on either day which seems to defy logic. So I did some playing with the search and found there's a stretch of 7-8 days where there isn't a single ADR for any party size at any meal, which got me thinking maybe there is a not-yet-announced closure coming up during our stay.

I'm going to Sanaa March 1st at 7pm

I'm going to Sanaa March 1st at 7pm

Yeah, I see times for the first few days but nothing for the whole week we're going to be there. From March 4 to 10, I cannot find a single reservation available for lunch or dinner, and because I thought that was so weird for our party of 5 I even tried party sizes of 2 and 4 as well. So now I'm wondering if anyone has ADRs during that week or if there's something going on that they just aren't available. It seems so implausible that if we were arriving one night earlier or staying a couple days longer we'd have our choice of times, but that one week just happens to be booked solid.

Yeah, I see times for the first few days but nothing for the whole week we're going to be there. From March 4 to 10, I cannot find a single reservation available for lunch or dinner, and because I thought that was so weird for our party of 5 I even tried party sizes of 2 and 4 as well. So now I'm wondering if anyone has ADRs during that week or if there's something going on that they just aren't available. It seems so implausible that if we were arriving one night earlier or staying a couple days longer we'd have our choice of times, but that one week just happens to be booked solid.

Weird! I checked Open Table and there's nothing available on there for that week either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter