• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
Tomorrow is our first Fastpass day! :tongue: Since we're doing a split stay the rest of our park days are on a "rolling 60 day" basis. So I get to make them tomorrow, Saturday and Monday XD I know I won't be getting FOP first thing which is a bummer but I plan on stalking/refreshing the app like crazy to hopefully get one lined up. And just for fun I think I'll share my itinerary with you all because I am SO EXCITED!!! :goodvibes
March 3-Arrive around 3pm; Beaches & Cream at 7pm
March 4-Magic Kingdom all day. Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:25pm
March 5-Resort downtime. Currently have an Ohana reservation for 9:25pm but trying to coordinate an earlier time with someone for 7:10pm
March 6-Disney Springs/Resort
March 7-Epcot all day for Flower and Garden festival!
March 8-Relax day; dinner at River Roost to hopefully catch Yehaa Bob
March 9-Animal Kingdom all day
March 10-Leave :(

Can't wait to come home!!!

Has anyone booking FP+ noticed a shortage of times for TSMM?! I just read on the news thread that the third track will close, and then reopen while the original two tracks are closed, and then prior to opening Toy Story Land, the whole attraction will need to shut down. No specific dates were mentioned so I am hoping it can be gauged based on FP+ haha

TSMM is definitely one of my, if not my favorite ride. While I am so excited for the land, I would be so sad if I could not ride in March!

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2018/01/toy-s...are-toy-story-land-opening-hollywood-studios/

I booked FP+ yesterday and didn’t have trouble getting the time I wanted. Hope you can get what you want!

We book our FP on Tuesday!! Bummed that Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed. It's one of our favorites -- and now I hear Toy Story Mania may be closed too! :sad:

Here are our plans:

March 10th - Fly in - Check in - Disney Springs - Raglan Road Dinner

March 11th - MK - BOG Lunch - Skipper's Canteen Dinner
FP - Haunted Mansion - Peter Pan - Seven Dwarves Mine Train

March 12th - EP - Garden Grill Breakast - F&G Food Booths - Rose & Crown Dinner
FP - Seas with Nemo - Mission Space - Frozen Ever After

March 13th - HS - Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! Breakfast - 50's Prime Time Dinner - Fantasmic!
FP - Frozen Sing Along - Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage - Star Tours

March 14th - AK - Tusker House ROL Breakfast - Rainforest Cafe Dinner - Rivers of Light
FP - Flight of Passage - Kilimanjaro Safari - Lion King Musical

March 15th - MK - Crystal Palace Breakfast - BOG Dinner - Happily Ever After
FP - Big Thunder Mountain - Peter Pan - Buzz Lightyear

March 16th - EP - Akershus Breakfast - F&G Food Booths - Ohana Dinner - Illuminations
FP - Spaceship Earth - Test Track - Figment

March 17th - Uber to Universal Studios -- might Uber to MK in the evening to ride Pirates if it soft-opens early!

March 18th - Check out - Fly home

Last edited:
We book our FP on Tuesday!! Bummed that Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed. It's one of our favorites -- and now I hear Toy Story Mania may be closed too! :sad:

Here are our plans:

March 10th - Fly in - Check in - Disney Springs - Raglan Road Dinner

March 11th - MK - BOG Lunch - Ohana Dinner
FP - Haunted Mansion - Peter Pan - Seven Dwarves Mine Train

March 12th - EP - Garden Grill Breakast - F&G Food Booths - San Angel Dinner
FP - Seas with Nemo - Mission Space - Frozen Ever After

March 13th - HS - Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! Breakfast - 50's Prime Time Dinner - Fantasmic!
FP - Frozen Sing Along - Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage - Star Tours

March 14th - AK - Tusker House ROL Breakfast - Rainforest Cafe Dinner - Rivers of Light
FP - Flight of Passage - Kilimanjaro Safari - Lion King Musical

March 15th - MK - Crystal Palace Breakfast - BOG Dinner - Happily Ever After
FP - Big Thunder Mountain - Peter Pan - Buzz Lightyear

March 16th - EP - Akershus Breakfast - F&G Food Booths - Rose and Crown Dinner - Illuminations
FP - Spaceship Earth - Test Track - Figment

March 17th - Uber to Universal Studios -- might Uber to MK in the evening to ride Pirates if it soft-opens early!

March 18th - Check out - Fly home
Pirates will be closed? What? And Toy Story...is this true?

Pirates was announced awhile back. I’m pretty upset since it’s my nieces first trip but nothing I can do I guess. I’m just glad splash opens right before we get there.

I'm pretty upset that MDE decided it just isn't going to work today. I planned to get a BOG dinner from someone and wasn't able to get it because Stitch ate my page....I've been waiting forever for an ADR and then this happened. Maybe we just aren't supposed to eat dinner there?

I believe Pirates is being closed 2/26 - 3/18 for general refurb maintenance and the re-imagining of the redhead auction scene.

TSMM will have the third track that was opened in 2016 closed for upgrades, then the original two tracks closed for upgrades while the third track is reopened, and then all three tracks will close to reroute queues and entrances for the opening of Toy Story Land. I did not see concrete dates and am very doubtful I will be able to ride it last week of March.

I'm pretty upset that MDE decided it just isn't going to work today. I planned to get a BOG dinner from someone and wasn't able to get it because Stitch ate my page....I've been waiting forever for an ADR and then this happened. Maybe we just aren't supposed to eat dinner there?
>:( MDE is so frustrating.

I've even had times where an ADR opens, I get stitch, and an hour or two later the time pops back up because no one actually booked it. The reservation just errored out. I would keep trying for that same date and time today. It may pop back up!

>:( MDE is so frustrating.

I've even had times where an ADR opens, I get stitch, and an hour or two later the time pops back up because no one actually booked it. The reservation just errored out. I would keep trying for that same date and time today. It may pop back up!
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks! The person I was coordinating with said it is gone from their screen, but I tried canceling a Whispering Canyon ADR today and it still shows up in my itinerary even after clearing my history and logging out a lot of times.

Awe...it is frustating.

I believe Pirates is being closed 2/26 - 3/18 for general refurb maintenance and the re-imagining of the redhead auction scene.

TSMM will have the third track that was opened in 2016 closed for upgrades, then the original two tracks closed for upgrades while the third track is reopened, and then all three tracks will close to reroute queues and entrances for the opening of Toy Story Land. I did not see concrete dates and am very doubtful I will be able to ride it last week of March.
I hope its 26th for pirates, we will be there on the 25th!

Awe...it is frustating.
I'm taking it as a sign that I've missed 3 touring plan alerts for BOG and now today Stitch ate my page lol. We have a lunch scheduled at BOG, but I've never done dinner there before. If we don't get to eat there it will be okay because we can eat at Crystal Palace and I've never eaten there before.

Hello fellow March travelers. I was excited to find this thread for all of us traveling at the same time. It has been 6 years since we have been to Disney, and will be the first time as a family of 6. I am posting our current plans, and hoping all of you experts can recommend any changes I should be making.

Traveling will be myself and husband, and our kids:
Oldest Son age 13...will turn 14 there
Daughters ages 6 and 10
Youngest son is 2
My in laws will also be with us the first half of the week. It will be thier first trip ever!
We added a day after it was booked because of cheaper flights so we all will be at Pop Century the first night, then in laws will be at AKL and we will be at the Poly for 8 nights. Ok here are the plans!

February 27
Arrival to Pop
Trex for dinner

February 28
Check in at Poly
Brunch at the Bon Voyage Breakfast
Explore boardwalk/maybe pool time
Dinner at Ohana

March 1
Magic Kingdom
Chef Mickeys breakfast
Fast pass for SDMT, Peter Pan, and Enchanted Tales with Belle

March 2
Animal Kingdom
Tucker House for breakfast
Fast passes for the Pandora river ride, safaris, and kali river rapids

March 3
Epcot
Early lunch at Garden Grill and dinner at Akershus.
Fastpasses for spaceship earth, nemo, and frozen

March 4
Hollywood Studios
Son's 14th birthday so his food choices today
Lunch at sci fi and dinner at Cape May Cafe
Fast passes for frozen sing along (with the fast pass?), TT, and TSMM (is this going to be down?)

March 5
Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Crystal palace. I also have breakfast and dinner at BOG, and want to cancel one. Which one should I cancel?
Fast passes for Mickey, splash, and BTMR

March 6
Animal Kingdom
Fast passes for FOP, Dinosoar, EE

March 7
Magic Kingdom
Fast passes for splash, SDMT, and space

March 8
Depart late.
Pool day and lucy at Kona

Ok, tell me: Did I make a ton of mistakes? Did I over or under book things? What should I try to change? It is a little overwhelming trying to plan for such a range of people traveling. I am so glad I found this sight full of Disney experts!! Sorry this is so long, we are so excited for our trip!!

Note about dining: I have put aside money for dining instead of a package because our ten year old will most often not eat adult meals.

Hello fellow March travelers. I was excited to find this thread for all of us traveling at the same time. It has been 6 years since we have been to Disney, and will be the first time as a family of 6. I am posting our current plans, and hoping all of you experts can recommend any changes I should be making.

Traveling will be myself and husband, and our kids:
Oldest Son age 13...will turn 14 there
Daughters ages 6 and 10
Youngest son is 2
My in laws will also be with us the first half of the week. It will be thier first trip ever!
We added a day after it was booked because of cheaper flights so we all will be at Pop Century the first night, then in laws will be at AKL and we will be at the Poly for 8 nights. Ok here are the plans!

February 27
Arrival to Pop
Trex for dinner

February 28
Check in at Poly
Brunch at the Bon Voyage Breakfast
Explore boardwalk/maybe pool time
Dinner at Ohana

March 1
Magic Kingdom
Chef Mickeys breakfast
Fast pass for SDMT, Peter Pan, and Enchanted Tales with Belle

March 2
Animal Kingdom
Tucker House for breakfast
Fast passes for the Pandora river ride, safaris, and kali river rapids

March 3
Epcot
Early lunch at Garden Grill and dinner at Akershus.
Fastpasses for spaceship earth, nemo, and frozen

March 4
Hollywood Studios
Son's 14th birthday so his food choices today
Lunch at sci fi and dinner at Cape May Cafe
Fast passes for frozen sing along (with the fast pass?), TT, and TSMM (is this going to be down?)

March 5
Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Crystal palace. I also have breakfast and dinner at BOG, and want to cancel one. Which one should I cancel?
Fast passes for Mickey, splash, and BTMR

March 6
Animal Kingdom
Fast passes for FOP, Dinosoar, EE

March 7
Magic Kingdom
Fast passes for splash, SDMT, and space

March 8
Depart late.
Pool day and lucy at Kona

Ok, tell me: Did I make a ton of mistakes? Did I over or under book things? What should I try to change? It is a little overwhelming trying to plan for such a range of people traveling. I am so glad I found this sight full of Disney experts!! Sorry this is so long, we are so excited for our trip!!

Note about dining: I have put aside money for dining instead of a package because our ten year old will most often not eat adult meals.
We will be at mk on March 1 for after hours and are going to ak March 2 like you! I think your plan looks really good! You’ve got dining here and there and some decent FPs. As for your question about bog, I’ve only done lunch but from what I’ve read I would drop your breakfast and keep your dinner. Breakfast has no characters but at dinner you can meet the beast! Are you going to the parks right when they open?

We will be at mk on March 1 for after hours and are going to ak March 2 like you! I think your plan looks really good! You’ve got dining here and there and some decent FPs. As for your question about bog, I’ve only done lunch but from what I’ve read I would drop your breakfast and keep your dinner. Breakfast has no characters but at dinner you can meet the beast! Are you going to the parks right when they open?

Awesome!..I didn't know that we could meet beast at Dinner. BOG is one of the top requests of my girls, just because of the castle I think. I am thinking we will go early to the parks at least the first few days...then we will see how tired they are. I booked poly because hopefully it will be easy to get my 2 year old back for naps on the monorail. He is pretty easygoing thougj, and might just nap in the stroller. Thanks for the tips!

I'm taking it as a sign that I've missed 3 touring plan alerts for BOG and now today Stitch ate my page lol. We have a lunch scheduled at BOG, but I've never done dinner there before. If we don't get to eat there it will be okay because we can eat at Crystal Palace and I've never eaten there before.
Dinner at BOG is a first for us. I enjoy Crystal Palace for dinner because you can watch the fireworks right there, right after. There aren't many really nice dinner choices in MK, so that' why we chose BOG this time around.

Awesome!..I didn't know that we could meet beast at Dinner. BOG is one of the top requests of my girls, just because of the castle I think. I am thinking we will go early to the parks at least the first few days...then we will see how tired they are. I booked poly because hopefully it will be easy to get my 2 year old back for naps on the monorail. He is pretty easygoing thougj, and might just nap in the stroller. Thanks for the tips!
I’m trying to get an adr for dinner for March 1 but have had no luck yet. I think my niece would love to meet the beast. Who am I kidding? I would too! We always get to the parks about an hour early. You might not need to since you have more than one mk day and have good FPs.

Dinner at BOG is a first for us. I enjoy Crystal Palace for dinner because you can watch the fireworks right there, right after. There aren't many really nice dinner choices in MK, so that' why we chose BOG this time around.
Right now I’ve got a 4pm at cp in case I don’t get a bog adr. We will be there for after hours and should be let in at 4.

Right now I’ve got a 4pm at cp in case I don’t get a bog adr. We will be there for after hours and should be let in at 4.
Is that an EMH night? We have the BOG for the EMH night...let me check....no we have it Feb. 28th for EMH night.

I also have breakfast and dinner at BOG, and want to cancel one. Which one should I cancel?

We have a PPO breakfast and dinner booked at BOG for our trip but if the park hours change I'll cancel the breakfast. IMO, breakfast is only worth it if it's PPO. It's very expensive for what you get. We loved our dinner there though and can't wait to go back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter