***Official June 2022 Thread***

Made most of our ADRs for the 1st 2/3 of our trip, we're doing a split status time so still waiting on part 2. The only thing I wasn't able to get at all was Topolinos for breakfast, but we set up reservation finders to see what happens.

Now I guess I should start making a packing list of what we're gonna need. Not because I really need to pack 2 months early but if I don't figure out what I don't have I'll end up spending hundreds of dollars stays before the trip.
I've always said it's better to start early and spread the cost over weeks rather than days. I've already picked up water, Cereal mini packs, sunscreen, new portable chargers, and several other items I know we will need. I've also purchased some of our grooming supplies like shampoo, conditioners, body wash, deodorants for everyone (including one for each adults park bag), as well as travel toothbrushes and toothpaste. Regardless....I guarantee I will forget something...more likely multiple things. 😆

We ordered chargeable neck fans from Amazon! We had only one last summer & fought over it - lol - so now we will each have one. So incredible!

We always bring a pop up hamper for dirty clothes & portable phone chargers - which will be invaluable now with Genie!

Sunscreen and hats and sunglasses are also important!

We ordered chargeable neck fans from Amazon! We had only one last summer & fought over it - lol - so now we will each have one. So incredible!

We always bring a pop up hamper for dirty clothes & portable phone chargers - which will be invaluable now with Genie!

I bring a pop up hamper as well. They are game changers.

We got portable fans to! I also bought new retractable drinking straws since our old ones had a lot of wear on them.

Long Shot - I'm looking for Chef Mickey's for dinner on Friday, June 10 OR Tues, June 14th OR Hollywood & Vine for dinner on Mon, June 13th. Family would like to have a character dinner with Mickey. Problem is we are a group of 12! I have Storybook dinner on Tues, June 14 for 12 that I will be giving up IF I can replace it with Mickey with one of those other options. Not likely, but should I even keep hoping and trying? Or move on with planning a Mickey meet in a park? What would you do?

We got most of what we were looking for and have lots of great things line up. But doing Chef Mickey's on the day we get there would start our trip right! (I'm the planner for the (extended) family - 5 of the group has never been and I'm trying to wow them!

Long Shot - I'm looking for Chef Mickey's for dinner on Friday, June 10 OR Tues, June 14th OR Hollywood & Vine for dinner on Mon, June 13th. Family would like to have a character dinner with Mickey. Problem is we are a group of 12! I have Storybook dinner on Tues, June 14 for 12 that I will be giving up IF I can replace it with Mickey with one of those other options. Not likely, but should I even keep hoping and trying? Or move on with planning a Mickey meet in a park? What would you do?

We got most of what we were looking for and have lots of great things line up. But doing Chef Mickey's on the day we get there would start our trip right! (I'm the planner for the (extended) family - 5 of the group has never been and I'm trying to wow them!
It’s a possibility until.you arrive! Keep checking and add your request to reservation finders. I’ve never searched for a party that size, but I have found what I was looking for by the skin of my teeth on more than one trip.

Regarding packing - I've just ordered a travel umbrella. I HATE ponchos and get sun sick if I'm in the direct sun too long so I'm hoping this will work double duty!
Not a bad idea. We always kept an umbrella for my daughters stroller when she was younger. Used it for sun and rain.

FYI, I am using a reservation finder for Sci Fi lunch and dinner reservations on 6/9 and 6/12 and my phone is blowing up with available times. It’s worth checking right now if you want that reservation.

What kind of neck fan did you get? We got one last year and it just blew hot air in our faces. Total bust. But I am really trying to find one I think will work this year.

What kind of neck fan did you get? We got one last year and it just blew hot air in our faces. Total bust. But I am really trying to find one I think will work this year.
I found that a cooling towel over my shoulders with the fan was much better than just the fan as the air blowing off of the towel was very cold.

Add us to June 2022! Surprising my husband with a weekend trip June 17-19 for his birthday. Will be staying at Gran Destiny Tower. Excited to check out a new resort, ride some of his favorites, and enjoy a little break in the summer.

Keeping it a secret feels so wrong… 😂
Welcome to the Group!

We have a split stay so I made all of my ADRs for the first half of my trip this morning. I was able to get everything we wanted except Beaches and Cream which I wasn't counting on. Now just to do this again in a few days lol!
Glad you got what you wanted (mostly). I've been trying to modify my Beaches and Cream reservation to a bit earlier without any luck. We still have time though, so fingers crossed for both of us.

Is there a car rental thread for June of 2022 yet? I see May and tried to search with no luck. We’re going back and forth on getting a rental (rented DVC points do not paying extra for parking).

The Harmonious dinner packages are finally available for the week of June 19th if anyone is interested. I've been waiting for them to drop since reservation day. We just got a ressie for the 20th! That is the same night as evening hours so even better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter