***Official June 2022 Thread***

Is anyone else currently obsessing over G+? As I mentioned earlier, I struggle with FOMO which is why we always get park hoppers. Now I’m struggling with whether or not to add G+ to my tickets! We have 6 day tickets, and currently think we will buy 3 days of G+ day of. HOWEVER, all the speculation of price increases, and not feeling completely settled in all of our evening plans, have me second guessing. Granted, the price would almost have to double to make it an even switch. Plus, I’m not even sure if our ticket prices increased, and that increase would also be added if I added G+ to all tickets. My receipt doesn’t have it broken down by resort price, ticket price, and I didn’t write it down, of course.

Is anyone else currently obsessing over G+? As I mentioned earlier, I struggle with FOMO which is why we always get park hoppers. Now I’m struggling with whether or not to add G+ to my tickets! We have 6 day tickets, and currently think we will buy 3 days of G+ day of. HOWEVER, all the speculation of price increases, and not feeling completely settled in all of our evening plans, have me second guessing. Granted, the price would almost have to double to make it an even switch. Plus, I’m not even sure if our ticket prices increased, and that increase would also be added if I added G+ to all tickets. My receipt doesn’t have it broken down by resort price, ticket price, and I didn’t write it down, of course.
I always have FOMO for everything Disney lol!

We have a 9 night this June. I didn't realize the prices may increase for G+ but I would not want it for every day anyway. We do park heavy days for the first half of our summer trips and then relax and take it slower the second half, so I think we could get most of the rides we want with G+during those first few days, especially using at MK and HS. I think if you would use if all of your 6 park days then it may be worth adding now. Good luck deciding!

From what I am hearing about G+ it's a complete hit or miss system that (especially at Hollywood Studios) doesn't promise anything you want, can change times in the middle of a purchase, and tends to be out of the good rides half way through the day. Thereby forcing people to constantly refresh hoping for cancellations or additional drops. People are talking stacking to get more rides in the evening, but even that isn't fail proof. I think our strategy will be to try and hit our favorite rides at MK and Epcot during deluxe evening hours, and just suck it up and wait in line at HS for the rides we just have to get on. Other than Rise, SDD, TOT, MFSR, and RR, most attractions do have slower points when it's possible to get in line without an overwhelming wait. I'm not really interested in ROR and didn't really like MFSR so that's two off the list... FOMO has always been a problem for me to. Every trip I tell myself I will have a much better time if I just go with the flow and enjoy things more spontaneously, but it never goes that way. I'm always looking for the next short line, (or available FP in the past) I always over plan, and get anxious when I can't get the Reservations or events that I want to book. With all the changes this year, maybe this will be our chance to really just enjoy the parks and being together in such a magical place.

I went back and forth on G+ also, and decided against it. After reading about everyone's experiences (good and bad), it wasn't worth it for us...especially with us being off site. I'm hoping that since we're going around lunchtime and staying until close, the morning crowds will clear out and instead of an hour wait for something it may be 30ish minutes. We def know we'll be waiting though.

I went back and forth on G+ also, and decided against it. After reading about everyone's experiences (good and bad), it wasn't worth it for us...especially with us being off site. I'm hoping that since we're going around lunchtime and staying until close, the morning crowds will clear out and instead of an hour wait for something it may be 30ish minutes. We def know we'll be waiting though.

I have been watching the wait times. I am very nervous about the whole thing. Expecting the worst and then hopefully anything better than that will make us happy. My 15 year old LOVES to ride, my husband hates waiting in lines for anything,so I went ahead and added them to our tickets hoping for one or two shorter waits, anyway. !

I have been watching the wait times. I am very nervous about the whole thing. Expecting the worst and then hopefully anything better than that will make us happy. My 15 year old LOVES to ride, my husband hates waiting in lines for anything,so I went ahead and added them to our tickets hoping for one or two shorter waits, anyway. !

Good luck, i hope it all goes smoothly :):) also, i'm nervous for you :scared:

We will be there 6/11-6/20 doing a triple split between Yacht Club, Beach Club and Bay Lake Tower. It will be our first trip in 3 years and I cannot wait! I'm frustrated with so many of the changes, but am also desperate to be back in my happy place (which Disney recognizes is true for so many of us and they are taking full advantage of it with all the price hikes).

I've been checking the tip board daily in what is supposed to be a low crowd time. It's honestly a bit terrifying. Nearly everything good on Genie+ is gone by midday, and the lines are so long. It's not just at HS either! It's at all the parks. I don't so much mind waiting in lines, but when everything has a 90 minute wait it can get to be a bit much. I don't even want to thing about how bad it is going to be when we go (during peak season).

We will be there 6/11-6/20 doing a triple split between Yacht Club, Beach Club and Bay Lake Tower. It will be our first trip in 3 years and I cannot wait! I'm frustrated with so many of the changes, but am also desperate to be back in my happy place (which Disney recognizes is true for so many of us and they are taking full advantage of it with all the price hikes).
I've got you down. 🙂 Yeah we haven't been Since September 2019 ourselves, so we are really excited to be back too.

I don't even want to thing about how bad it is going to be when we go (during peak season

I think the last couple of weeks have been MUCH higher crowds than usual for this year. March 14 week is PACKED, with most days sold out except epcot and maybe one day all parks out? I think that will be a good time to keep an eye out to see what’s available and trends. I can’t imagine June being much worse? I am not a wait in line 90-120 minute person. Ever. For anything!

Good luck, i hope it all goes smoothly :):) also, i'm nervous for you :scared:
This cracked me up. I mean, why is my happy place giving me so much anxiety! My 22 year old and 15 year old and I went last May and had an amazing time. Add husband and G+ to the mix and it’s just too many variables! 😂
I mean, isn’t the Genie supposed to be granting wishes? :confused:

This cracked me up. I mean, why is my happy place giving me so much anxiety! My 22 year old and 15 year old and I went last May and had an amazing time. Add husband and G+ to the mix and it’s just too many variables! 😂
I mean, isn’t the Genie supposed to be granting wishes? :confused:

Lol, he certainly is!

I agree, it used to be so much fun planning a trip and now it's kinda like meh. Heck, we were there in September 2020 and even though it was bare bones it was still fun and we had a great time. Either way, i'm excited for flower and garden (i've always wanted to go but we couldn't go during that time), the new experiences we'll have outside the park and by being off site, and just being there. Luckily, it's not our first or last trip so if we don't get to ride something, we'll get it next time. Every time i get stressed about it, i remind myself that it is still my happy place and it will be great...different but great

I think that the fact that so many things have changed is what gets me nervous. Reading the boards and seeing posts about not being able to get what you want with G+, having LL+ times chance between selecting and confirming, zero availability on most in demand attractions/meal reservations. It can be a bit unnerving for hyper planners like myself. In the past I knew that if I didn't get my preferred meal reservations at 180 days I would before we went. I knew that with FP I was at least certain to get 3 good attractions at times that worked for me. With the new system I'm not guaranteed anything...even if I PAY for it. It's a system set up to grind the nerves of every good planner. 😆

Regardless, I'm sure we will have a great time. Whether or not we get to do everything we have planned. Maybe this new system will teach my over planning self how to not get so caught up in FOMO, because missing out of some of the things we want is almost guaranteed.

Hi. I just found this thread 😀 5 family members are go to Disney June 3-11. It will be me, my 2 sisters, niece and nephew who are 14 year old twins..Staying at my dream resort- Beach Club! It’s my younger sisters 50th birthday on the 4th. We went last May - stayed at Saratoga Springs, and took the bus from Disney Springs to Beach Club ( I wanted to check it out) on our way to Epcot. As soon as I walked in I KNEW I wanted to stay there. And we are. So excited!!!

Hi. I just found this thread 😀 5 family members are go to Disney June 3-11. It will be me, my 2 sisters, niece and nephew who are 14 year old twins..Staying at my dream resort- Beach Club! It’s my younger sisters 50th birthday on the 4th. We went last May - stayed at Saratoga Springs, and took the bus from Disney Springs to Beach Club ( I wanted to check it out) on our way to Epcot. As soon as I walked in I KNEW I wanted to stay there. And we are. So excited!!!

We are staying at Beach Club this year too! We were going to stay at the Floridian, but I want to be close to Epcot for F&G, I agree! I love Yacht and Beach Club Resorts...especially Stormalong Bay. ♥
I have your dates down, and welcome to the group!

We are staying at Beach Club this year too! We were going to stay at the Floridian, but I want to be close to Epcot for F&G, I agree! I love Yacht and Beach Club Resorts...especially Stormalong Bay. ♥
I have your dates down, and welcome to the group!
Thank you! the Only thing I have left to do is transportation from MCO to resort. Anyone have a recommendation?

Hi, my husband, son(age 8) and I will be staying at Coronado Springs June 19-26. The last time we went was October 2018 and we stayed at POFQ. We are very excited to go back but I have some anxiety about G+ and staying at such a large resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter